Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #41
makgreens

Send a message via AIM to makgreens
Default Re: My new NAPA 7 drawer tool cart (REVIEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84scrambler View Post
There was another post on this cart. I was trying to get it a month ago but Napa doesn't stock them or have any orders out for them anymore. I had to confirm this with balkamp. The only way you can get this cart is if a local Napa has it in stock somewhere.
WELLLLLL SHITTTTTTTTT
i really wanted that box....now im even more frustrated
makgreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #42
84scrambler

You may not want to give up quite yet. If Anythingfastxxx was able to buy one recently then that means that a few boxes are still floating around. You may want to call a bunch of Napa's and see if you can find one in stock. I'm not sure if an individual store will ship a box but it never hurts to ask. You may want to start by calling a Napa in Kansas City (Anythingfastxxx is from there).
84scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #43
makgreens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84scrambler View Post
You may not want to give up quite yet. If Anythingfastxxx was able to buy one recently then that means that a few boxes are still floating around. You may want to call a bunch of Napa's and see if you can find one in stock. I'm not sure if an individual store will ship a box but it never hurts to ask. You may want to start by calling a Napa in Kansas City (Anythingfastxxx is from there).
yup i got one today

they are a promotional thing and you have to ask em if they have it

i know the nashville store has a blue one
i bought the black one that was here in chattanooga
Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
fast one

Anything fast, what is the part number on your receipt? I called today and they couldn't find the cart. I used the bk 8050/80501/8052.

Thank you
fast one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
makgreens

That is the part number...tell em its a 7 drawer service cart with a lid
Like I said earlier its a promo thing so u gotta bug em about it nand when their gone their gone apparently
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #46
anythingfastxxx

I'll try to see if I can find any other numbers that correlate. I know there are quite a few in KC. I got the last red one but they had several blue and black. MY receipts are in my box and I keep forgetting to look.
anythingfastxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #47
84scrambler

I had the same issue when I was trying to get the guy at the store to look up the part number. They kept asking for more numbers and I kept telling them this is all that I have. Like Macgreens said tell them its the 7 drawer service cart.
84scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #48
amolaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwrench View Post
Nice purchase!

After you widen the holes for Pry bars and ratchet handles, you need to slap a magnetic glove holder on one side and attach a side shelf to the other side.
MTS magnetic wrench holders or Vim magrails can expand your storage capacity by using the underside of the lid.
I saw a few different Homak carts at Sema last year with deeper tills but, I can't find anyone selling them. Still a great cart for the money.
sorry for the sidebar in advance..

fedwrench - where did you get the anodized swivel air fittings on your rats? i'd really like to get a few but haven't found a source. thanks!

ahm
amolaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
Fedwrench
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolaver View Post
sorry for the sidebar in advance..

fedwrench - where did you get the anodized swivel air fittings on your rats? i'd really like to get a few but haven't found a source. thanks!

ahm
matco and Cornwell. Any tool truck or NAPA stocks them. You can also get the black dynabrade versions from MSC and Grainger. The cheaper versions leak like crazy.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #50
Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast one View Post
Anything fast, what is the part number on your receipt? I called today and they couldn't find the cart. I used the bk 8050/80501/8052.

Thank you
I decided to get serious about finding the cart. Nobody local stocks them, period. Called 9 [NINE!] Napas before i got a guy smart enough to search for "BK8050"/1/2 in its entirety. Apparently they're so use to looking up 7 digit part numbers nobody thought to put the BK in. I actually got to the point where i gave up asking if they could search for it, just asked if they stocked it because nobody knew what the hell i was asking about. If they insist that the part number is too short, they're wrong. One gentlemen claimed he knew what i was after but said they were discontinued. Anyway i finally got one determined individual who had no idea what i was talking about but told me he'd call me back, which he did, said they were "readily available" from the warehouse and that the number i gave him was indeed correct. So basically, pester your local store. Have them call their supplier if necessary.

The only thing i'm not clear on is price. He said they were "very expensive" and that he'd get back to me with a better price. I didnt think to ask what very expensive meant but the list should of been around $400. Perhaps thats a lot compared to their other carts they're use to selling. Anyway will report back when i hear back. Would be nice if i can get one for $350 or less.

Last edited by Skin; 03-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #51
makgreens

it was 400 at my store
Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #52
Skin

i figure thats what he meant. The Ad said $399.00.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #53
bchee

Price should be $400.
I don't know why the part number has been so hard to find. I had trouble too, nothing on NAPA.
Here is the instruction manual
http://toolwarrantyrepair.com/man/BK8050.pdf
bchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #54
Skin

its not that its hard to find its just that the monkey on the other end of the phone cant seem to compute that a number might have letters and be less than 7 digits. No offense to anyone who works at Napa and is actually competent and in fairness 3 of the guys i talked to were incredibly nice about it. Napa needs to update their stores about the new products and update their store catalogs because these places have no idea about them and cannot open their supply books and look it up. I'm sure most of them just thought i had no idea what i was talking about. The reaction i got was "Service cart with 7 drawers? thats like a tool box, are you sure its not a tool box?"

If its not listed in the computer lookup requiring a phone inquiry/order then i retact the monkey statement as well .

Last edited by Skin; 03-02-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #55
makgreens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin View Post
its not that its hard to find its just that the monkey on the other end of the phone cant seem to compute that a number might have letters and be less than 7 digits. No offense to anyone who works at Napa and is actually competent and in fairness 3 of the guys i talked to were incredibly nice about it. Napa needs to update their stores about the new products and update their store catalogs because these places have no idea about them and cannot open their supply books and look it up. I'm sure most of them just thought i had no idea what i was talking about. The reaction i got was "Service cart with 7 drawers? thats like a tool box, are you sure its not a tool box?"

If its not listed in the computer lookup requiring a phone inquiry/order then i retact the monkey statement as well .
they dont know because its a promo item....its not in their catalogs at all and wont be....

anything with the BK in the number is a promo and wont come out again....spent about 45 minutes talking to the store manager(been there for 15yrs) about the box and how it was strange it was a promo yet no stores really knew anything about them other than they were shipped to em and told to keep em in the back unless they had room up front
Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #56
makgreens

now fast have you thought about finding a cover for your box?

at my work no one really has respect for others stuff and since im on the low end of the pole my box gets crap put on it....and i wanna keep this box looking nice as long as i can
Old 03-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #57
anythingfastxxx

Sounds like you're well on your way. It is indeed a BK8052 not only on my instruction manual but my receipt as well. Funny thing is, I talked to the store manager hours after I initially talked to him and he told me there weren't any available. I had already gotten off the phone with Chris Sorell, our outside sales rep and he had located me one about 35 miles away. It's all about who you talk to and how determined they are.
anythingfastxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #58
makgreens

we should look to see if there are any boxes near the same size we can get a cover for
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #59
Skin

never heard back from the guy i talked to, called him back today and he told me his distributor werent doing promo pricing on them anymore and said they were $450. Balked at that, didnt even bother to question why it was over list. Called another store in NH had him look it up, 15 in stock was the reply @ $399, asked if that was the best price he could do and he knocked it down to $370 on the spot, so i got one. Bonus is its tax free . Will be picking it up over the weekend.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #60
PT Doc

How does the build quality compare the the hf red 5 drawer? Wanting to get a cart but want to not regret it later. Thanks
PT Doc is offline   Reply With Quote