Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Bull
Super Moderator

Default Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

To me it's like gold.

I picked up a complete Blackhawk Repair Parts Manual from 1961. It contains exploded diagrams, parts lists, and photos for the entire line of bottle jacks, trans jacks, end lifts, service jacks, and the Porto-Power stuff. Heck, it even has the fluorescent ship light that I picked up last month. With an S-4 that needs a rebuild and is missing parts, this is invaluable to me. Even if I didn't have that jack, as a collector of the brand, this is one of the best things I will ever find. I am going to try to scan the entire document, properly, so I can share sections that people rebuilding these pieces of equipment need. That is going to take some time, though.

In the meanwhile, I'm so excited I had to take some pics to show people what I am talking about.

There were a few loose pieces of paper inside the manual, two of which are for jacks from a company I have never heard of. I have a few pics below.

Thanks for looking.

[img width=399 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/2ManyCars/Tools/IMG_1885.jpg[/img]

[img width=399 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/2ManyCars/Tools/IMG_1888.jpg[/img]

[img width=399 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/2ManyCars/Tools/IMG_1890.jpg[/img]

EUDAIMONIA
"It Pays to Stay in the USA!"

Last edited by Bull; 03-01-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
CRTDI

Default Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

Not gold....more like platinum.

I don't know where you find this stuff, but I'm glad you did.

Vintage Blackhawk jack info.....priceless for nut jobs like me!

With your new found treasure trove, were also now a little closer to putting a positive I.D. on this cool little jack:

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showt...ght=floor+jack

Thanks for posting these!!!
CRTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
930dreamer
Super Moderator

Great score Bull.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Underdog

Just wait till Hiball See's that!!!!!!!
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
Lump
Super Moderator

Very cool. I have the old Blackhawk floor jack which my dad bought brand new at about that time...maybe a year or two earlier. Can't wait to get home and check that model number, so I can ask you if you have info on that one. It is still working nicely, but it would be cool to have a photocopy of the info on file, for whenever I may need it.

Nice find!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Bull
Super Moderator

Guys, I love helping people out. I am going to get this stuff scanned, made into PDFs, etc. If you need a diagram or a part number, and it's in this book, I am going to take care of you.

It's how I roll.

Glad you are as excited by this find as I am.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Cheapskate

If you are someone who buys, restores or fixes Blackhawk jacks your acquisition seems priceless.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
dnroe

Bull,

Nice Find. It would be greatly appreciated if you would take the time to share the information with all us other guys out here with old blackhawk jacks. I would definately save a pdf version for my S-4 if you are able to get it scanned.
dnroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Bull
Super Moderator

There is no doubt that I will be scanning this and sharing it. I need to see how much scanners that are large enough to do the exploded drawings cost.

I am going to add some pics below of a catalog I just received today. It is thin, but in excellent condition and shows many (not all, I don't believe) of the Blackhawk offerings for 1956 or so.

The question of how much an S-4 jack weighs has come up here before, and people have given estimates. According to the company, it weighs 190lbs.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
CRTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump View Post
Very cool. I have the old Blackhawk floor jack which my dad bought brand new at about that time...maybe a year or two earlier. Can't wait to get home and check that model number, so I can ask you if you have info on that one. It is still working nicely, but it would be cool to have a photocopy of the info on file, for whenever I may need it.

Nice find!
Lump,

Show us some pics of your jack please!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #11
CRTDI

[QUOTE=Bull;1379966]There is no doubt that I will be scanning this and sharing it. I need to see how much scanners that are large enough to do the exploded drawings cost.

I am going to add some pics below of a catalog I just received today. It is thin, but in excellent condition and shows many (not all, I don't believe) of the Blackhawk offerings for 1956 or so.

The question of how much an S-4 jack weighs has come up here before, and people have given estimates. According to the company, it weighs 190lbs.

Wow!!....never thought I could get overloaded with too much Blackhawk info for one day...

I knew the S-4 was heavy, and as I've said before it's definitely every bit of 150 lbs but I never would have guessed 190lbs!!

Bull, can you tell me if the S-23 in the pic has a smooth lifting arm (without a casted Blackhawk script) and a square saddle?

It would be nice to be able to give this new GJ member a positive I.D. for his jack. Thanks.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showt...Blackhawk+jack
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
jedimast5

talk about timing, i recently acquired my dad old blackhawk transmission jack that im trying to resurect. its been sitting outside for 20+ years. i just starting inspecting it. so far everything is not frozen. but i am missing the pump handle and the valve part i think, where the pump handle screws into. is there anyway you get me a diagram with parts #s get this thing alive again.

part # is blackhawk 67552 1000 lbs transmission jack.

thanks in advance.
jedimast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
Lump
Super Moderator

Bull,
We have a scanner at work which will easily scan 11 X 17 fold-out pages. I could scan that catalog for you, if you're willing to send it to me on loan. I'll return you a printed copy and a data disc copy...if you want.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimast5 View Post
talk about timing, i recently acquired my dad old blackhawk transmission jack that im trying to resurect. its been sitting outside for 20+ years. i just starting inspecting it. so far everything is not frozen. but i am missing the pump handle and the valve part i think, where the pump handle screws into. is there anyway you get me a diagram with parts #s get this thing alive again.

part # is blackhawk 67552 1000 lbs transmission jack.

thanks in advance.
Can you provide some pics of this jack? There are several trans jacks in this manual, but their model numbers are T-1, T-4, T-11. I do not see the 67552, but maybe that isn't the model number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump View Post
Bull,
We have a scanner at work which will easily scan 11 X 17 fold-out pages. I could scan that catalog for you, if you're willing to send it to me on loan. I'll return you a printed copy and a data disc copy...if you want.
Really? What's your hourly rate, Lump my good man?

Let me make sure this is no larger than 11x17 in any dimension when the inserts are opened up.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
Lump
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump
Bull,

Really? What's your hourly rate, Lump my good man?

Let me make sure this is no larger than 11x17 in any dimension when the inserts are opened up.

Bull,
No hourly rate. Your cost really would be your willingness to risk sending a precious document through the mail (UPS is more reliable, by the way).

If you want to consider a project like that, we could correspond a bit, to exchange details and a better explanation.

Let me know.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
jedimast5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Can you provide some pics of this jack? There are several trans jacks in this manual, but their model numbers are T-1, T-4, T-11. I do not see the 67552, but maybe that isn't the model number.
here are the pics. from looking at the sticker it is a t-1 you can see it right in middle of the sticker. also in fullsize pick which is not a pic of my jack. you can see the pump handle and lever valve thing it connects to that im missing.

jedimast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
Bull
Super Moderator

Ok, progress.

Can you post a pic of the area of your jack from which parts are missing? Or draw an arrow/arrows to these parts in the pic above?

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
Bull
Super Moderator

Actually, let's see if these pics help. Your jack is probably newer than my manual; not sure if the parts changed much, but let's see.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
Lump
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRTDI View Post
Lump,

Show us some pics of your jack please!!!!

Okay.
Here is my Dad's Blackhawk floor jack, model number SJ-2. Dad probably bought it sometime in the very late 50's, or early 1960's. It became mine when he was killed. It has been used on Hupmobiles, a 1921 Grant Six, Model A Fords, various street rods, 41 Chevy, a 427-powered Nova, MANY big block Camaros, Impalas, Chevelles....well...you get the picture. My family and this old jack have been through a LOT together.

Name plate on top:

Hydraulic cylinder, underneath view:

Can anyone tell me what year it was built? Serial number plate:

I'll probably make a separate post about this old floor jack one day soon. It is kind of like a member of the family now.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #20
CRTDI

Lump,

You have a great looking SJ-2 there and I'm sure that you must have a lot of good memories associated with it. It's always nice to see one of these old jacks in original condition, especially when its been used and not abused.

I don't know the manufacture date or the exact time line for your jack, but I've always thought that this style of Blackhawk jack was available starting in the early sixties and continued through the early eighties. It would certainly be nice if there was a way we could know the manufacture date of old Blackhawk jacks by serial number. I'm sure that somebody has a list of all these stashed away in some forgotten hole.

Thanks for sharing...
Old 03-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
Bull
Super Moderator

When did "Applied Power" become associated with Blackhawk? That would help us to determine a "no later than" date, right?

EUDAIMONIA
Old 03-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #22
CRTDI

My guess is between 1960 and 1961.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #23
Steve Bryant

This is a facinating thread and the book is a wonderful find! I'd like to know what instructions, if any, there might be in the book regarding the tequinques and recommendations for rebulding the Blackhawk S-4.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #24
Bull
Super Moderator

Hi Steve,

As I recall, there are no written directions regading the process for repairing or rebuilding any of the jacks. You just have exploded diagrams and parts lists. I will double-check this evening for you.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #25
Steve Bryant

Bull,
Thanks for checking. Also several kind people are giving me some general guidelines on the the process. I did a search on patents held by Blackhawk Mfg (see http://www.freepatentsonline.com/res...ch=top&search=) and I've found a lot of their patents that are informative. One of these patents that I've found to be especially informative is this one http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2625796.html. It tells how their multi-speed hydraulic mechanism operates. This jack has a two chamber hydraulic piston (an outer and an inner). During the initial lifting the outer chamber (which has the most volume) does most of the elevation of the jack saddle. Then when the jack saddle engages the load, a pressure relief valve opens, draining the pumped volume of fluid from the outer chamber back to the reservoir. Then, the inner load chamber of the piston (with the smaller volume) does the actual work of lifting the load.

I'm a retired engineer (aircraft electronics) and a former diesel truck mechanic and I always like to know how things are supposed to work when I am trying to repair or restore them. That way, I feel like I can optimize the operation and the repair will be long lasting.

All my best,

Steve
Steve Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
hagman

Here are some pics of my wife's grandfather's blackhawk model S23 floorjack.
Rebuild is in progress and all is well so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110706_193332.jpg (153.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110706_193447.jpg (154.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110706_193533.jpg (153.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110706_193605.jpg (153.3 KB, 38 views)
hagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #27
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman View Post
Here are some pics of my wife's grandfather's blackhawk model S23 floorjack.
Rebuild is in progress and all is well so far.
Welcome aboard!

Will you be starting a thread to document the jack's resto?

EUDAIMONIA
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #28
Jackpot50

Could you scan the SJ18 page in your book and e-mail it or post it here.
Jackpot50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #29
Griff93

Great Score! I should be ready to make the replacement control valve parts we need in a month or two. I have some other projects that need to get finished up first.
Griff93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #30
bmwpower
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmwpower Send a message via Yahoo to bmwpower

Does anyone have a rebuild guide for an SJ-2? I have the diagram, just nothing procedural. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
mbatarga

I happened to buy a Sears floor jack (727.12101?) this morning that ends up being that same model of Blackhawk jack (SJ-2) - but re-badged. I got it for $10 - as it leaks and won't hold any pressure. I'm interested in tearing it down to find what's the cause - so further instructions would be helpful. Here are a few pictures:

mbatarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
bmwpower
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmwpower Send a message via Yahoo to bmwpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbatarga View Post
I happened to buy a Sears floor jack (727.12101?) this morning that ends up being that same model of Blackhawk jack (SJ-2) - but re-badged. I got it for $10 - as it leaks and won't hold any pressure. I'm interested in tearing it down to find what's the cause - so further instructions would be helpful. Here are a few pictures:

Pretty cool!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #33
johnnybentwrench

Hi Everyone, I inherited a SJ-18 from Old Jacks for some work on his house. I need to fix the rod in the picture. It needs to be cut down a 1/4" or so? it is out of another jack. It is the same part , just to long.

@ Bull I am going to ask you to make a copy of the SJ18 page please. I will post that thing up tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0486.jpg (139.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0487.jpg (142.3 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by johnnybentwrench; 11-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
johnnybentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #34
CRTDI

Quote:
I happened to buy a Sears floor jack (727.12101?) this morning that ends up being that same model of Blackhawk jack (SJ-2) - but re-badged. I got it for $10 - as it leaks and won't hold any pressure. I'm interested in tearing it down to find what's the cause - so further instructions would be helpful.

You might find some helpful info here:

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showt...craftsman+jack
Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #35
CRTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybentwrench View Post
Hi Everyone, I inherited a SJ-18 from Old Jacks for some work on his house. I need to fix the rod in the picture. It needs to be cut down a 1/4" or so? it is out of another jack. It is the same part , just to long.

@ Bull I am going to ask you to make a copy of the SJ18 page please. I will post that thing up tomorrow.
The release valve control rod in the picture looks to have a universal joint. This jack utilizes a set of crown gears. If the original control rod is broken, can't you just remove it and measure what you need?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #36
mbatarga

Well, I don't find all of these little bits on the parts diagram/list. Maybe they're extra? Looks like I'll need a replacement part or two.

Is this slight corrosion on the piston a concern?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #37
cubfarm 1

We have a NOS hyd unit and parts kits for those sj-2's at work. Voris hyd Springfield Mo417-830-6567
cubfarm 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #38
Jeeprz!

interesting this Blackhack thread came up. what would be a fair price for a well used but complete s4 4 ton Blackhawk that will pump up but leaks? looks well used but complete, if its not sold already they were asking $90 i think for it as is. Also any guess on what it would cost to rebuild it?
Jeeprz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #39
johnnybentwrench

Quote:
The release valve control rod in the picture looks to have a universal joint. This jack utilizes a set of crown gears. If the original control rod is broken, can't you just remove it and measure what you need?
There is no old one
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #40
Hiball

Quote:
Well, I don't find all of these little bits on the parts diagram/list. Maybe they're extra? Looks like I'll need a replacement part or two.

Is this slight corrosion on the piston a concern?

1st Picture... Typical Poly Piston Cup that disintegrated. My SJ1/2 Kits have a Leather Cup versus the Poly, That is what Blackhawk used in there Jacks and only the Sears branded Version came with the Poly version.

2nd Picture.. Will that Corrosion cause problems? Yes and No... Your jack utilizes a Piston Seal and in a Perfect world the seapage (mainly at startup) will be minimal with a New Piston Seal. Any sharp edges on the outside of Piston will gauge the Tank nut Seal upon cycling and "If" there is any blow by there is a chance that it Will leak a little.. IMHO I would say Clean it up and Dont worry about it, The costs associated with finding a NOS Ram or Having one made isnt Cheap.

Need a Seal Kit? Contact Hydraulic Parts Supply at 620-594-2247

BRC 6/9/22 - 3/5/12 My Best Friend and the Greatest Man i ever Knew RIP...
Hiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #41
jjmarells

Looking for repair kit for an old blackhawk jack. The plate on it is slightly marred and can't tell exactly the model no. But looks like 3 or S or 8 then 4.
The serial no. is 192117. It is a 4 ton jack.
Thank for any help.
JJM
jjmarells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #42
Hiball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmarells View Post
Looking for repair kit for an old blackhawk jack. The plate on it is slightly marred and can't tell exactly the model no. But looks like 3 or S or 8 then 4.
The serial no. is 192117. It is a 4 ton jack.
Thank for any help.
JJM
Could be a S4 or a SJ4, A Picture is worth a 1000 words..

Steven

Old 11-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #43
jabberwoki

Bull baby!!!! i so need the exploded diagram of the jack you put me on to!!!!
jabberwoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #44
jjmarells

I will try and get a picture of it and post it if I can figure out how. I am new to this. We aquired it, along with all kinds of old tools when we bought out an old garage way back in the 70's. This old jack has been a real good one all these years, and is starting to leak out fluid. So would like to repair it if possible
Thanks.
jjmarells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
mbatarga

Well, I used the rebuild kit from Hiball (and his advice - thanks Steven!) and some trips to the hardware store to pick up some spray primer, to Napa for some 518 sealant, and to the parts store to pick up some hydraulic jack fluid I finally got the Blackhawk "Sears" SJ2 back together. I decided to paint the chassis red, black accents on the front and rear wheels and saddle and keep the handle the original white. I painted the parts prior to re-assembly and touched up the few areas that got scratched up during assembly. I left the bolts/nuts/washers, axles and other pins and shafts unfinished.

I covered the Caution/Safety sticker prior to painting to keep it orginal, and I did not paint the cover plate that has the Sears 1 1/2 Ton Service Jack label - as I wanted to retain the vintage aspect of the jack.

And for those in the metro GA area, no I didn't paint it because I went to that school whose name shall not be mentioned - I'm a Wramblin' Wreck. I painted it red and black to match my 911.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #46
Hiball

Nice job... It's a good feeling when you bring something back to life.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #47
johnnybentwrench

Boy... I could have used that page on the SJ-18. I had a hell of a time getting the trigger sorted out. I tore the handle off cleaned , lubed and put it back together today, then tested it after CRTDI sent me a message with some advise for old jalcks. The jack looked pretty, but the gears that spin the?? where packed with dirt and hardly moved. There is some monkey business with one of the rear wheels. I will have a look some other time.

I am digging this three position handle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0886.jpg (141.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0893.jpg (141.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 AM   #48
CRTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybentwrench View Post
Boy... I could have used that page on the SJ-18. I had a hell of a time getting the trigger sorted out. I tore the handle off cleaned , lubed and put it back together today, then tested it after CRTDI sent me a message with some advise for old jalcks. The jack looked pretty, but the gears that spin the?? where packed with dirt and hardly moved. There is some monkey business with one of the rear wheels. I will have a look some other time.

I am digging this three position handle
The more you use it, the more you will want to keep it....
Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #49
Bull
Super Moderator

Sorry Johnny. My surfing time on here is down about 90% from what it was before school started. I didn't even see the recent posts in this thread until this morning.

It's been a bad period for me to play with tools since school started in September. I can't get anything done at all.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
tramac

Hello,
I saw that you have Blackhawk Manuals and wanted to ask what you would charge for copies of them? I have the two floor jacks that are in the first two pictures listed and I have an 8 ton tall jack, I believe it is a CB905-2. I see that you have Bottle Jack Info., I cannot find any breakdowns for anything. Please let me know and I will be glad to pay for the information.
Thanks, Kenneth
tramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #51
-Brent-

Bull, did you ever get the scan done? I'd be really interested in seeing them. I've got an S4 I'd like to know more about without tearing into it.
-Brent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
Bull
Super Moderator

I didn't get the scans done, and subsequent to this thread disposed of the scanner that I had. I want to get a better quality scanner that can handle larger pages, too. So, if people can wait, I can (eventually) move forward with this. In the interim, I can take pictures of pages from the manual if that will help folks at all.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
-Brent-

Quote:
...So, if people can wait, I can (eventually) move forward with this. ...
I can wait. There's no rush for me. My jack works well. I'm just curious... I love seeing that type of stuff, ya know?
-Brent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #54
jxxxoxxxe

Quote:
I didn't get the scans done, and subsequent to this thread disposed of the scanner that I had. I want to get a better quality scanner that can handle larger pages, too. So, if people can wait, I can (eventually) move forward with this. In the interim, I can take pictures of pages from the manual if that will help folks at all.

Did the other offer from Lump not pan out?

I've got access to a 12" x 18" scanner and could get it taken care of real quick.

Now that I've got a SJ18 to restore, I could definitely use some good pics of the SJ18 info...but rather than you having to take pics of everything one by one, I figured I'd offer to do it...

What's the largest page size? If its bigger than 12" x 18", I could probably still do it, and just put the image back together in pieces in photoshop...
jxxxoxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #55
NickNak

Hello i have just purchased a very nice blackhawk s 7 does anyone have a rebuild kit and what is a fair value in fair condition.
NickNak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #56
CRTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNak View Post
Hello i have just purchased a very nice blackhawk s 7 does anyone have a rebuild kit and what is a fair value in fair condition.
We need pics!!!...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #57
B17E1943

Smile Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

Bull - is there any info on a SJ-25 bumper jack in this catalog? I picked one up recently and need to see how the release mechanism at the bottom is configured. There's a piece missing that I'll probably have to fabricate.

Thanks a lot!

i
Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #58
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B17E1943 View Post
Bull - is there any info on a SJ-25 bumper jack in this catalog? I picked one up recently and need to see how the release mechanism at the bottom is configured. There's a piece missing that I'll probably have to fabricate.

Thanks a lot!
I have an exploded diagram (some of the pieces are small) and a parts list. I will take a pic of the diagram and insert it here. Send me a message if it isn't up by Tuesday.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #59
B17E1943

Smile Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

Thanks, Bull - much appreciated! I wouldn't mind having the parts list also, if it's not too much trouble. You could email it to me if you prefer.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #60
Bull
Super Moderator

In no particular order, here are some pics that should show everything. If something is missing, too blurry etc., let me know.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 09-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #61
B17E1943

Cool Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

Thanks a lot, Bull - much appreciated!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #62
Maexle

Now today i've scored a nice Blackhawk S23, works perfect, rebuilt a few years ago, the only thing missing is the retaining spring (as far is see from yours, there is supposed to be one there...)

I will use it for know as it is and will restore it during the winter.....

Pictures (and questions) will follow....
Maexle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #63
uniballer

BULL Can you do the scan for SJ-18, please, its not showing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
You don't mess with another man's box, truck, dog, tools, or woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Exactly that. I will show up ranting on his doorstep and throwing cats from my grocery cart and farting in his general direction.
uniballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #64
Hiball

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniballer View Post
Pm sent with drawing..

Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #65
uniballer

Recieived and thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
You don't mess with another man's box, truck, dog, tools, or woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Exactly that. I will show up ranting on his doorstep and throwing cats from my grocery cart and farting in his general direction.
uniballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #66
jxxxoxxxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniballer View Post

For future SJ18 inquiries....

This way they can be shared with everyone easily...

I left them as pretty large pictures, so click the thumbnail to see the full size...

Old 09-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #67
Red55Belair

I am knew to this forum. I was a Sears parts manager for 16 years 27 years ago. I have 2 Sears jacks both Models are 727.12101 units. I know both were made by Blackhawk for Sears and appear to be the same as the Blackhawk SJ-2 models. Both of mine leak and I would like to repair them but do not know how to obtain rebuild kits since theyare no longer available through Sears. When I bought my second one I also purchased a new ram unit, which a non-returnable unit, for a $5.00 throw away fee. It worked great for 20 plus years but is now leaking. After reading through journal I believe one of you may be able to assist me. Thanks in advance
Red55Belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #68
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red55Belair View Post
I am knew to this forum. I was a Sears parts manager for 16 years 27 years ago. I have 2 Sears jacks both Models are 727.12101 units. I know both were made by Blackhawk for Sears and appear to be the same as the Blackhawk SJ-2 models. Both of mine leak and I would like to repair them but do not know how to obtain rebuild kits since theyare no longer available through Sears. When I bought my second one I also purchased a new ram unit, which a non-returnable unit, for a $5.00 throw away fee. It worked great for 20 plus years but is now leaking. After reading through journal I believe one of you may be able to assist me. Thanks in advance
If he doesn't see this, make sure to send Hiball a PM.

EUDAIMONIA
Old 09-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #69
Red55Belair

Thanks. I also purchased a jack from a re-builder in Wisconsin and it is supposed to be a Walker unit but it has so much paint on it I'm not sure what it is,,,it doesn't and hasn't worked very well since the purchase but was non-returnable. I won't be doing business with them again.
Red55Belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #70
B17E1943

Wink Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

How's that scan coming, Bull? I now have 3 Blackhawk hydraulic units I'd like breakdowns of ...
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
HCRCnow

Link to drawing 727.12101
http://www.hcrcnow.com/shop/seal-kit...craftsman/3166
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #72
genesmith8026

I would like a parts breakdown on a Blackhawk P76 portapower. I am brand new to this type of forum. Thank you for the information.

-gene
genesmith8026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #73
CRTDI

Try this:

http://www.hcrcnow.com/drawings/blackhawk
Old 07-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #74
jellis1971

Brand new to the site! I have a Blackhawk S-4 floor jack and got the print and seal info from hcrcnow.com. I looking for a repair manual on how to rebuild it. My handle is different that the drawings so I was wondering what model I actually have. Thanks guys any help you can give!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1824.jpg (147.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1825.jpg (145.9 KB, 24 views)
jellis1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #75
genesmith8026

bull thanks for the quick response on my blackhawk p76 it was just what i needed i also need the scan for the hose and the ram but there is no number on it .thanks gene
genesmith8026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #76
Hiball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellis1971 View Post
Brand new to the site! I have a Blackhawk S-4 floor jack and got the print and seal info from hcrcnow.com. I looking for a repair manual on how to rebuild it. My handle is different that the drawings so I was wondering what model I actually have. Thanks guys any help you can give!
Hmm... Rule number #1 Do not ever buy a kit till you have verified internal condition along with component condition for a jack that with hard parts that are very hard to come by. Secondly That appears to be a very short s-4 Lol.. I don't recall what the model number is, but I believe I have a one in the back of the shop, I'll check for a number next time I'm out there if CRTDI doesn't chime in first.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 AM   #77
CRTDI

I could see where some one might mistake that for a shorty S-4. I believe it's a 2 Ton rated model S-13 though. Looks like a makeshift handle due to the hand crossbar missing...

Rebuild kits are getting pricey:

http://www.blackhawkparts.com/page2.html

Still a cool looking jack....

Last edited by CRTDI; 07-23-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #78
jellis1971

Thanks guys! Yeah, they want $121 for the seal kit, and that's why I haven't bought any yet. I wanted to make sure I had the right one since the drawing for the handle is different. The rest of the drawing looks the same as what I have. And find the right service manual so I can rebuild it.
jellis1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #79
jollyroger847

Question Re: Blackhawk Hydraulic Repair/Parts Catalog

jollyroger847@gmail.com
first post. I see s-18 on the Blackhawk data plate but on the frame it is stamped s 13.05
I will send photo's if anyone wants. this was the fav jack in my dads DX station in Sedalia, Missouri. I live in Mobile, AL now and heading north to Birmingham, AL if anyone wants to give her a home. I would love to restore it, but is it best to leave it alone another 60 years? I hate to even clean it. any advise? I'll have to send pics, until I learn how to post on this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (59).jpg (141.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (57).jpg (137.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (22).jpg (149.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (34).jpg (146.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (46).jpg (145.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (8).jpg (140.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (10).jpg (143.9 KB, 8 views)
jollyroger847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #80
jollyroger847

Quote:
I could see where some one might mistake that for a shorty S-4. I believe it's a 2 Ton rated model S-13 though. Looks like a makeshift handle due to the hand crossbar missing...

Rebuild kits are getting pricey:

http://www.blackhawkparts.com/page2.html

Still a cool looking jack....
yes I know your correct, mine has two different numbers s18 on plate and s13 on the body . I works great after all the year after DX station then a wood shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (9).jpg (136.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (15).jpg (142.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (14).jpg (142.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (50).jpg (147.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (17).jpg (144.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (19).jpg (147.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wheel chair mom (35).jpg (144.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jollyroger847; 09-11-2014 at 03:56 AM. Reason: add photos
jollyroger847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #81
gte718p

The body looks exactly like my S4 but the pump is different.

I don't see the wires for the light. The free HF LED flashlight and some 16 or 22 guage wires will put it back in service.
gte718p is offline   Reply With Quote