Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
crispyc21

Default Anybody have a 14x24 garage? Need pics

I am adding a 14x24 garage to my house. The size is limited to the amount of property I have and the zoning laws. I am trying to get a visual of how much room I will have so I can start to plan on how to set it up (work bench, shelves exc…). If anybody has the same size garage it would be appreciated if you could post the pictures.
I will make sure I post pictures of the progress. Right now we are waiting for the permits. We expect to break ground in the next week or two. In the end I am going to have a vette in the garage with a scissor lift and a small workbench area.

Thanks
crispyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
StingRay

Default Re: Anybody have a 14x24 garage? Need pics

No pics but I used to have a 14 x 24 and as small as it may seem you can work in it. First off go as tall as you can so that you can store stuff up high. keep one side wall clear and use the other for your bench, tool box etc. If you don't have any long vehicles you can probably have a bench or other stuff up front too. I had two benches, 5 hp compressor, blast cabinet, tool chest, mig welder and lots of other stuff in my 14 x 24 and did a 4 year project in there. Lots of times it needed to move out to the driveway but it all does work. I stil used to park my 72 GMC in there in the winter after putting the project outside under cover for the winter.
StingRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
LeadDoggy

I built a 16' x 24' barn in my backyard. Was limited on space because of wife. Didn't want a big a$$ building in the yard which is 100' wide. Ran out of space quickly, just need to reorganize......

LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
jarhead

Although my garage is 24X28 the picture is showing what I did with half of it. I can park my full size GMC Sierra next to the chop saw bench and still open the door. I have room in front of the truck to open my hood and work if needed. The wall with the cabinets is the 12' section, the bench is 10' long on that wall. I have more work to do as I started this last fall and have not completed it yet. My walls are 10' so I built a loft to put stuff above the cabinets.

I know it isnt the same size as you asked about but maybe it will give you a reference.

jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
Tourpro

Here is a 14' x 24' Graceland Garage, inside and out.

http://acadianabuildings.com/Portable-Garage.html

Tourpro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 1.jpg (109.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 2.jpg (92.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 3.jpg (134.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 4.jpg (141.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 5.jpg (117.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 6.jpg (107.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 14' x 24' Portable Garage Pic 7.jpg (117.3 KB, 41 views)
Tourpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
5lima30

Can you build up? You could have a loft above which could increase your square footage without increasing the footprint. YMMV.
5lima30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
79stang514

I'm sorry that I don't have any pics, but I had a 14X24 garage and I did many projects and paint jobs in there. I had the bench at the end and stored stuff down the one side. The only problem I had was when I tried to fit my 1998 extended cab ford truck, I had to back up until I saw the bench move, and then the door would just close. I painted one extended cab truck in there with the bed on, and it was tight. I went with 9' high to help pulling motors and trannys. The cheapest part of the garage was the wall lumber, so to go the extra foot higher was a very small part of the cost.
79stang514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
79stang514

5lima has a good point-it costs a fair bit to add a second level, more than adding the same square footage on the ground, but if the amount of room you have to build on is a big concern a second floor or even a partial second floor may be a good option.
79stang514 is offline   Reply With Quote