Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
tgillfish

Default mac mig welder mw130

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for this animal? I need a liner and whip, at least I think that's what they are called. HELP PLEASE!!!
tgillfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Case IH

Default Re: mac mig welder mw130

Mac tool guy? Do you know who makes the welder?
Case IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
rwhite692

There is a very good chance that the welder in question was made by Cebora, an Italian company.

Take a couple pics, get any serial numbers, etc off of it, and send an email to Steve at WeldEquip (the company is based in the UK). He will have the liner that you need and will tell you exactly what you need.

His email address is:

weldequip@mig-welding.co.uk

Their website is not currently set up to process orders from outside of the UK, but, Steve can fulfill orders via email/Paypal and he is a great guy to deal with.

I recently ordered a few small parts from him for my old Cebora MIG (which I bought new in 1987).

Not many people realize that Cebora was THE first small (portable, 110V, sub-100-pound) MIG welder on the market, and had that market entirely to itself, for a number of years.

They are extremely common in Europe. Many were also sold by Snap-On and were "Snap-On" branded.

They are very good little machines and produce very good welds.

When the time comes to replace mine, I will probably get a Miller/Hobart/Lincoln, but only because they have discontinued the one I have and because the consumables are much easier to get.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
rwhite692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
tgillfish

miller is the maker so we are told but I can't seem to find the parts on their web site for this welder. As far as the mac tool guys goes, I don't know any anymore.
tgillfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
rwhite692

Tgill, there is a supplier on Ebay, username "usaweld" who carries parts for your MW130.

Mac sold the MW130 in a few different configurations over the years, post up a couple pics of the machine, including the torch, so we can help you.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
rwhite692 is offline   Reply With Quote