Search results

  1. D

    Does Anybody Stick Weld Anymore?

    All the "boilermakers fathers" commenting in this are way off. I'm a union boilermaker, and we run EVERY process on a regular basis. If your kids are stuck doing a single process in the boilermakers, they probably aren't skilled enough to have papers in the others. Sorry.
  2. D

    Welding lens ID

    Thank you. I'll check them out.
  3. D

    Welding lens ID

    No. The arc is white. As close to "real color" as a lens can be.
  4. D

    Welding lens ID

    Hoping you guys can help with this. Dropped my lens while changing covers and it shattered. My coworker gave me this one. Been running fixed-shade 2x4’s for over 15 years, and this is the nicest lens I've ever run. I want another as a backup. All it has written on it is T10H, white text, right...
  5. D

    Older Fliteway compressor. Just a little guy.

    I appreciate the info. I cannot find anything on this compressor, so to know that you've had others with a similar pressure cutoff level is good to know.
  6. D

    Older Fliteway compressor. Just a little guy.

    I think I'll check out the cutoff and see how the little guy fairs with incrementally higher psi. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. D

    Older Fliteway compressor. Just a little guy.

    To be fair, I have not checked the accuracy of the gauge. I did look around the tank itself for some sort of working pressure rating. I know they will sometimes be stamped around the fittings, but I cannot find any. Really, with such a small pump and motor, it would not surprise me if this...
  8. D

    Older Fliteway compressor. Just a little guy.

    I had considered looking into that.
  9. D

    Older Fliteway compressor. Just a little guy.

    I think I got a fair deal on this older compressor. 65 bucks on Craigslist. It runs great, super quiet, and it's in good condition, too. Was owned by a guy in his 70’s that was obviously a gearhead and knew how to take care of his equipment. Now, I'm not expecting this thing to set the world on...
  10. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    Guys, thanks very much for taking the time to respond to my questions with great advice! I will now admit, the problem was me all along... I just recently got into electronics, and although I have had some formal education in electrical wiring and ohm's law and such from when I went to college...
  11. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    Ok, so I finally figured out the photo thing. Here is the circuit. Blue and green wires go to the pot. Yellow and black go to my meter. The power source provides 5v. I have it hooked up to the mains by way of a 12v /2.5a power brick. How many amps the breadboard supply chip will actually...
  12. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    And yes, all the components are in series
  13. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    The numbers ramp up VERY quickly as I am turning up the pot. However, if I let off the potentiometer the numbers immediately start going down. Very quickly at first, then they just sort of "trickle" down to essentially nothing. The led does not drop in brightness, however.
  14. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    No. It goes straight through my meter. I tried to upload a damned good photo of the actual circuit, but it was too many pixels for the website, I guess. Sorry
  15. D

    Probably an easy question regarding current through a simple circuit...

    I've become very interested in electronics. I bought a few breadboards and some components to mess around with. I have been building some simple circuits, and although I believe I have a steady grasp on the wiring part, I have encountered an anomaly that I cannot quite explain. I've built a...
  16. D

    Should I keep my snap on hand tools?

    Keep em. The first time you break one of the Craftsman tools and get a Chicom as a warranty-replacement, you'll be kicking yourself.
  17. D

    The VISES of Garage Journal

    Alright. Let me explain myself a bit. I've pissed some people off, and I can completely understand why. Sometimes my brain-to-mouth filter fails me, and yes I was in a bit of a grumpy mood this morning. First off, I agree that I owe the members in this forum an apology. I made a poor choice in...
  18. D

    The VISES of Garage Journal

    You guys make decent arguments, however, there is a difference between someone that collects "novelties", (classic cars, comic books, etc) and someone who collects tools. Classic cars are essentily useless, as are comic books. They only serve to bring joy to the owner. However, someone who...
  19. D

    The VISES of Garage Journal

    Makes me realise why it's so difficult to find a decent used vice for a reasonable price. Bunch of old men think they need dozens of un-used ones sitting on a shelf. Maybe one in fifteen in this thread is actually bolted down.
Top Bottom