Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
jeremy v

Default Attention GJers-Check your Photobucket accounts

Apparently Photobucket has started locking up access to people's photos unless they pay $399 to restore access. I am posting this here because many people won't see the thread about this issue in the Free Parking section of the forum.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=364396

There are lots of people here that use Photobucket to host images in GJ threads, so please check your accounts/images. Also, as of now, embedded Photobucket images no longer display in existing GJ threads. Hopefully this doesn't make a mess of the images posted in some of our best threads like the garage sale thread, show me your toolbox thread, etc.

My PB images were all backed up locally or unneeded so I am okay, but I tried downloading my Photobucket album anyways and I noticed that if you try to simply download your existing albums the images will be saved at a much lower resolution. They do the same thing if you right click "save as", copy/paste the image, right click and "use as wallpaper" the image, etc. The only way I have been able to find to save a original at full resolution is to open the original version on the computer screen and do a full screen grab using a screen grab program.

Last edited by jeremy v; 06-30-2017 at 09:36 AM.
jeremy v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
BoostAddiction

Default Re: Attention GJers-Check your Photobucket accounts

Since Photobucket has decided to break the Internet with their new policy, perhaps Ryan would allow editing of the old posts so that the post owners could re-point the images to another host? Or allow us to upload images to GJ if the admins want to carry the storage overhead?

I'm sure the overwhelming majority of people, starting with me, won't be paying $400 a year for "3rd party hosting" on Photobucket, especially after the way they implemented their new policy.

This new policy from them is a self-inflicted wound. I hope it's fatal.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
jakemac

FYI -
Don't bother switching to Imugr. It doesn't play well with GJ.
Originally Posted by Fretters
You're a muppet Jake.
Jake's Projects thread here.
How I modified my HF 26" box here

No job is complete until you've been to the hardware store 3 times and bleed on it ................ twice.
jakemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
dr_clyde

Flickr is free and works great with GJ. I've been using it for years.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”

Follow me on instagram: jake73191

My fab table build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=291791
dr_clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Roberts210

I use PBase.com I've used them for many years. It costs $25 a year, but there is no B.S.

Here's a quick example of a picture I've posted here before:

Roberts210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
Roberts210

I use PBase.com I've used them for many years. It costs $25 a year, but there is no B.S. People who see your photos don't have to "register", and there's no advertising.

Last edited by Roberts210; 06-30-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Roberts210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
edcantu9

I just checked mine. Still free. Is it random who is getting charged?
edcantu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
cherokee140

Same with google photos....forums don't seem to like them.

I guess I get it....bandwidth costs money and they make money showing you all those ^%&%^$@*$#$((&@^%#*^($^(% AD's.

It is free, and you get what you pay for....so looks like we may have to start shelling out even more money to someone to host our photos so we can play on the forums.....wish google would work.
cherokee140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #9
ARAMP1

I've been looking for an excuse to drop photobucket. With all the ads and popups, it's getting painful using it.
ARAMP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
cherokee140

I guess I get it....bandwidth costs money and they make money showing you all those ^%&%^$@*$#$((&@^%#*^($^(% AD's.

It is free, and you get what you pay for....so looks like we may have to start shelling out even more money to someone to host our photos so we can play on the forums.....wish google would work.
cherokee140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
Private Lugnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy v View Post
Apparently Photobucket has started locking up access to people's photos unless they pay $399 to restore access. I am posting this here because many people won't see the thread about this issue in the Free Parking section of the forum.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=364396

There are lots of people here that use Photobucket to host images in GJ threads, so please check your accounts/images. Also, as of now, embedded Photobucket images no longer display in existing GJ threads.
For what it's worth, I am on Photobucket, have been since 2012, and I have had no problem. In fact, I just posted a photo of my latest Flea Market haul in the 2017 Garage Sale, linked here: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...postcount=3760

I've seen other posts with Photobucket notices saying that "3rd Party Hosting" has been temporarily discontinued, but I have no idea what that refers to. All my photos are hosted on Photobucket, and I have no limitations to posting URL links to them here on GJ or on any other internet site.
Buy, Sell, Trade
========================

The most disgraceful sin a vintage tool collector can make is trying to justify a tool he knows is incorrect.
Private Lugnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
tarbellb

Seems almost like a 3rd party scam...

But regardless, I have had ok luck using www.tinypic.com - free
tarbellb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #13
timbitca

So glad I gave up on them a year or so ago. Flickr has been working fine for me, a lot faster load times too.
timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #14
dwasifar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbellb View Post
Seems almost like a 3rd party scam...

But regardless, I have had ok luck using www.tinypic.com - free
I thought so too, but apparently it's legit. Pcmag.com is reporting on it.

I host my own images, so I'm not affected. But apparently millions of photobucket images went dark with no warning.
dwasifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
PelicanPines

If it has not nailed you yet... it will.
...For the nuts here... you probably own a wrench to fix yourself.
...This is the most expen$ive free forum on the internet.
...People who think they know everything... are wrong.
PelicanPines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #16
MikeF2316

You can post your images directly to Garage Journal. You're limited to only 7 per post (why 7??), but you know that they're not going away until GJ does...

Although I've had some photos I've uploaded here just disappear.

If you have one foot in a bucket of boiling water and the other in a block of ice at -40°, on average you're comfortable!
MikeF2316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #17
gahrajmahal

All of my GJ and HAMB posts have used Photobucket. I thought the whole purpose of it was to be third party hosting with the ability to use your photos elsewhere. Anyways, I apologize to anyone who enjoys my threads along with all of the photos you can no longer see. I don't know if I will take the time to find a new host and re-post and all of the hours that would require. I gues future threads and posts i do will have photos embedded in the sites. Ryan must be having fits right about now.

What mom always told me when I wanted to give up.
gahrajmahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #18
toddoky

Yeah, that pretty much spells the end of my use of photobucket...go pound sand.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
OccupantRJ

This is the very reason I have always posted my pictures directly to the website.

It's always easier to find a reason NOT to do something.....

The sum of all your choices, good and bad, become your life.....
OccupantRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #20
Mikeske

If I post a picture on forums I always just posted direct from computer to the form and post I am doing. Just way easier for my simple mind to post it then to do url and jump thru more hoops. I have never used photobucket and as I paid a lot of money for the computer I have and I do have everything on my computer backed up in 3 ways.
Mikeske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #21
pepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeske View Post
If I post a picture on forums I always just posted direct from computer to the form and post I am doing. Just way easier for my simple mind to post it then to do url and jump thru more hoops. I have never used photobucket and as I paid a lot of money for the computer I have and I do have everything on my computer backed up in 3 ways.

Very smart and logical, keeping ones own data and backed up. A sure way to never lose your data...

It pays to be self reliant ...

Greg

Best viewed loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmmyMGQojzI
pepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #22
hobie1dog

Ads are taking over Photobucket for sure. It would be a sad day when I lose all those pics

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe- nowhere else could things be this screwed up.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
hobie1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #23
jeremy v

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupantRJ View Post
This is the very reason I have always posted my pictures directly to the website.
That doesn't work perfectly either. I have always directly uploaded my pics to GJ, because I had the same feeling about that being the safest way to do it. I also did it that way because it helps out people with slow internet connections or people that have to pay for their bandwidth usage, because they only see thumbnail images for my pics unless they decide to click and see the full versions. However, if I look back on my past posts many of the pictures I uploaded to GJ are now gone. I often keep a casual eye on pictures that I upload for important threads and they are sometimes deleted within 2 months of being uploaded. Other times they stay for multiple years. Some of my most important uploads are now gone, while other funny pictures etc. that I have posted in Free Parking section still exist, so the deletions don't seem to be based on importance.

Last edited by jeremy v; 06-30-2017 at 09:22 PM.
jeremy v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #24
brittf
Alliance Member

I read about the change in Photobucket's terms of use on another forum. I checked my Photobucket account and the pictures I have linked to on this site and everything appears to be intact. I've been paying Photobucket an annual fee to avoid the advertisements. I just made a payment in March 2017 for another year. I wonder if they will be honoring that and the need to pay $399 for the same service is delayed for the time being? We'll see.

Britt
brittf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #25
NewShockerGuy

This isn't anything new. I used to post to photobucket and then link the pictures on forums. That was fine in the beginning but then they started implementing a bandwidth limit on said images/groups. So if you linked the image on multiple forums and it got a ton of hits you'd hit your cap super quick.

I post most of my pictures on the actual forum attach feature. I prefer this method as the majority of forums require people to be members to view the photos and for the most part the photos shouldn't go anywhere. More importantly my work firewall doesn't block the photos but if they are hosted by a 3rd party service they normally are.

Photobucket blows though. When I got in to move all my photos out of it, the amount of adds that pop up is nothing short of amazing to me. It's almost like they got hit by all this malware/spyware that keeps posting up ads and windows....etc.

-Nigel

-.¸¸.·°¯°·.¸¸.-> ~ NSG ~ <-.¸¸.·°¯°·.¸¸.-
NewShockerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #26
Loscaldazar

Any alternatives to photo bucket? Uploading the images to the forum is tedious when you sometimes use the same photos on 3 or 4 different forums. Plus, it puts all the photos at the end, which makes many write ups useless (helpful to have the photo right below the text that describes it).
Loscaldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #27
MesaAZguy

So for those not affected by Photobucket, you will. As of now, they have a 2GB limit and after you reach that, your pics will get locked out of the 3rd party hosting. You won't lose your pictures on their site just on the forums. Also, if you are a paying member of their old policy of $4.99 or there-as, you will still be able to see your pics on the forums until they figure out a way to get you to comply with spending the $399 on their new TOS. Its only a matter of time.
I deleted my account and left them a reason for doing so. My heart goes out to all the really great threads that were so well documented. I am more pissed from the amount of time I recently spent on my house renovation thread. I know it had alot of readers and I feel I let them down. That said, I don't think I will resurrect those threads and I will most likely just fade away for now. Really bummed out. Sorry for the rant.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #28
Loscaldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaAZguy View Post
So for those not affected by Photobucket, you will. As of now, they have a 2GB limit and after you reach that, your pics will get locked out of the 3rd party hosting. You won't lose your pictures on their site just on the forums. Also, if you are a paying member of their old policy of $4.99 or there-as, you will still be able to see your pics on the forums until they figure out a way to get you to comply with spending the $399 on their new TOS. Its only a matter of time.
I deleted my account and left them a reason for doing so. My heart goes out to all the really great threads that were so well documented. I am more pissed from the amount of time I recently spent on my house renovation thread. I know it had alot of readers and I feel I let them down. That said, I don't think I will resurrect those threads and I will most likely just fade away for now. Really bummed out. Sorry for the rant.
They don't allow ANY 3rd party hosting unless you pay the $399. Doesn't matter if you are above or below the 2gb limit, 3rd party hosting is a no go.
Loscaldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #29
MesaAZguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscaldazar View Post
They don't allow ANY 3rd party hosting unless you pay the $399. Doesn't matter if you are above or below the 2gb limit, 3rd party hosting is a no go.
That is correct. But for those whose accounts still work while paying 4.99 a month, its on borrowed time until the new TOS kicks in. I read on their site that under 2gb was fine before I deleted.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #30
BoilermakerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaAZguy View Post
How did you delete your account? I deleted all of my pictures about a week ago, but couldn't find where to delete the actual account. I don't pb being able to use my headcount with potential advertisers, I want pb to see their account member numbers drop like a politicians approval rating.

1972 CB350
1977 CB550
1981 CX500
1981 CB650
1981 GL1100
1982 KZ440
1980 KZ650
1982 XV750/920

Please vote on a color scheme for a Kawasaki KZ650, thanks.

Killing Time, until we can move to a new house: My low budget upgrades to a small 2 car detached garage

Custom Honda GL1100 Build Thread:
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:26 AM   #31
Lookin4'67Galaxieconv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts210 View Post
I use PBase.com I've used them for many years. It costs $25 a year, but there is no B.S.

That Snap On vise doesn't go with those pants.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=34014

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=222480

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer2 View Post
Without tools and stuff to fix, my life would be boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Celtic View Post
Tools are cool.. being able to use them is cooler.. being able to use them in front of someone who has no idea and ends up in awe is priceless..

Guess it boils down to them and us.. I like being us..:thumbup:
Lookin4'67Galaxieconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #32
cajunfirehawk

Exclamation Re: Attention GJers-Check your Photobucket accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
So glad I gave up on them a year or so ago. Flickr has been working fine for me, a lot faster load times too.
Ditto

My 30x40 Shop M.A.G.A. Shop photos ver 2.0
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cajunfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:10 AM   #33
FullRaceMerc

Supermotors.net

Free pic hosting with watermark on 3rd party hosted pics.

$12.99 a year with no watermark.

Not mine. Just a cool truck.

Last edited by FullRaceMerc; 07-01-2017 at 09:50 AM.
FullRaceMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #34
rayra

3700 images, 13 years of how to and hobby forum discussions, remodeling and house flipping, model and replica prop building, firearms forums, politics, vehicle mechanics and upgrades. All badly damaged in one day, with almost no notice and a highway robbery demand for $400 to make them available again.

Spent two hours today pulling down 70 model-making images, stripping photobucket's gibberish file name alterations, to upload them to IMGUR, only to find out IMGUR completely renames the files - not even a suffix like photobucket used - totally encumbering the process of re-editing a discussion topic with no image links. I had to read the old photo ref in the topic post, find the image on my own PC folder, scroll through the INGUR album to find the matching image then paste its name inthe topic. Took me two hours to unscrew one topic -
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/...98684#p1698684

I have a bunch of vehicle-related topics at expeditionportal that will have to be patched in a similar manner. But I'm going to look for some other hosting that will allow me to keep my file names. Otherwise it is entirely too cumbersome to replace the images.

13 years of efforts, squandered.

Had photobucket long ago got some worthwhile technicians and charged a couple bucks a month, they'd have had all the revenue they could wish for. They boast of 15 billion images and 200 million users.

I hope they're ruined by this. Their site was bogged all day, once the blockage effects were noticed. Presumably by swarms of people trying to recoup their imagery.

The lame part is if only 1.5% of their user base pays the ransom, they'll gross a billion dollars and call it a huge win. I've never witnessed a more obscene abuse of a customer base.

/except maybe cigarette smokers
rayra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #35
MikeF2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscaldazar View Post
Any alternatives to photo bucket? Uploading the images to the forum is tedious when you sometimes use the same photos on 3 or 4 different forums. Plus, it puts all the photos at the end, which makes many write ups useless (helpful to have the photo right below the text that describes it).
You can put a link to your photo in your text, that's what I always do. See this post.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...15#post6154515

If you have one foot in a bucket of boiling water and the other in a block of ice at -40°, on average you're comfortable!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #36
MikeF2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy v View Post
That doesn't work perfectly either. I have always directly uploaded my pics to GJ, because I had the same feeling about that being the safest way to do it. I also did it that way because it helps out people with slow internet connections or people that have to pay for their bandwidth usage, because they only see thumbnail images for my pics unless they decide to click and see the full versions. However, if I look back on my past posts many of the pictures I uploaded to GJ are now gone. I often keep a casual eye on pictures that I upload for important threads and they are sometimes deleted within 2 months of being uploaded. Other times they stay for multiple years. Some of my most important uploads are now gone, while other funny pictures etc. that I have posted in Free Parking section still exist, so the deletions don't seem to be based on importance.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I even sent a PM to the mods about that, didn't get a reply. Ironically, one of the sets of pics that were deleted was in the thread referenced above.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...24#post5357224

Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #37
LS6 Tommy

I'm only at 11% of my free storage, but I figured get them pics out since it's been such a pain in the ass to use now with all the ads. No dice. Won't download at all. It just "clocks". The sight must be overwhelmed with pissed off users pulling their data out.

Tommy
Old 07-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #38
Rikki Sixx

Same with me. Can't get into my account and I'm only at 4%. Sure will hate to loose those pics. At this age and point in my life I sooo don't want to have to be learning new stuff. But as they say, "the Dude abides."
Old 07-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #39
LS6 Tommy

OK, I got the stuff out of my main bucket, but they only give you a zipfile. Extracting the files only gives you the size they had on their site, not the original you uploaded. That's not a big deal to me. If my stuff gets held hostage, I'll just use the files I downloaded to find full size versions and post from a new host. It will suck to have to lose old posted images, but that's life I guess...

Tommy

Last edited by LS6 Tommy; 07-01-2017 at 09:59 AM.
LS6 Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #40
LS6 Tommy

Well, now Photobucket is dysfunctional again. It just freezes when I try to download my other libraries. I have all the originals, but it would be nice to keep the files separated for future posting...

Tommy
Old 07-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #41
ganymede

Photobucket used to be awesome.
Stopped using it about 5 yrs ago when it started to suck.
Now it's just ridiculous.
I'll check out Flickr though.

" Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. "
Oscar Wilde
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #42
Orionrising

anyone know if photos uploaded with tapatalk are hosted by tapa, or is that uploading to the main garage journal site?

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=256907
Orionrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #43
rayra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6 Tommy View Post
Well, now Photobucket is dysfunctional again. It just freezes when I try to download my other libraries. I have all the originals, but it would be nice to keep the files separated for future posting...

Tommy

it's basically bogged down by all the millions of users trying to do exactly what you are doing. Try for odd hours, or peak working hours when fewer are trying.

also, if you have sub-albums, you'll have to click the download in each. Doing it at the top level when you have subs will net you only the loose stuff you have at the top level.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #44
naf305

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee140 View Post

I just started a thread posting picture from google photos without a problem.

I think the trick is not to use the URL in the address bar when you browse to your picture but instead to right-click on the picture itself and use "Copy image address...". You will get a long ass url that finished with something like =wXXXX-hXXXX. These last url parameter are the resolution of the image and you can change it! This is great so that a high res image can be scaled down to fit nicely in a thread post. For example I'll delete =w1234-h987 and replace it with simply =w600 so that my image is scaled down from 1234x987 down to 600px width (height is calculated automatically).

Google photo is great and cheap. Anyone with different experience?

Last edited by naf305; 07-06-2017 at 08:31 AM.
naf305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:54 PM   #45
rayra

IMGUR, Flickr, and now smugmug, they all supplant my filenames with their own alphanumeric scramble unique file names. This is unworkable for re-editing all my topics with relocated images.
Would work ok starting from scratch, as you go. But I've got at least 1500 images I'd like to go restore, across several forums. And having to look at the old image link, find that image on my drive, then visually scroll thru 1-1500 images looking for the match to copy/paste its new link, well that's unworkable.
still looking for a hosting solution that will let me use my original filenames or at least retain them as a prefix, as photobucket did.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #46
y'sguy

naf305, I just stumbled thru your method. and it works! I've never used PB and fyi I use to host images thru a website I owned so I never had a problem at that time. I quit paying annually on that one and let it go. But until now I never had any success with Google to host anything and I am not as savvy as naf305! Thanks for figuring it out for people like me!

Last edited by y'sguy; 07-07-2017 at 07:47 PM.
y'sguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #47
JimVonBaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceMerc View Post
Supermotors.net

Free pic hosting with watermark on 3rd party hosted pics.

$12.99 a year with no watermark.

Not mine. Just a cool truck.
Only good if you are posting vehicle related images. It is in their TOS!

I switched to ImageShack. Easy to use and $18.95 a year.
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #48
J Persons

I've had a Photobucket account since 2004, and I think they started in 2003. The original intent of PB was to host images for sites like ebay and Craig's list, but they started selling all that fluff, stuff like calendars, albums, canvas prints, etc. And have seemed to have forgotten their core customers. I had a little over 1800 images, which was a little over 2GB, but also kept almost all of them on my computer, so if I wanted to, I could have deleted my account with no problems.
I started looking for another site after PB cut their own throat, and decided on www.imageshack.com It's $18.00/year for the premium account with the first month free and they have unlimited uploads and 3d party hosting. The photos upload very quickly either by file or by drag and drop. Using drag and drop takes less than 3 seconds per image. The only thing I don't care for is their album format, but I can live with that.
Getting back to PB, I went on their site today and noticed a bunch of my photos are missing, replaced by a dialog saying that I have deleted or moved them. Well, that didn't happen. The only way that they got deleted was for PB to delete them. I've been pretty critical of them on a couple of boards in the last week or so and the deletion may just be payback, but it's not a big deal, most all my photos are on my computer anyway. I am through with them, they will never get another dime of my money.
J Persons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #49
thejudges69

I was able to download all my albums off of PB, they went into a zip file and then I extracted them out of there. The quality of mine isn't the best to start, mostly cell phone pics. But they appear to be in good standard. I didn't have time to dig in and see the resolution, I was just happy to get back all my build pics. PB can now officially blow me. I will look into image shack. I've never had lick posting to this forum from my cell phone, it always times out and says something was missing in the file name. So I need a secondary option for 3rd party posting.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:29 AM   #50
Platonic Solid

$400/yr for PB!!! Why would anyone pay that when you can have your own domain and have it hosted for $100/yr with godaddy or 1and1 (and many more ...)?
Old 07-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #51
tjdux

Dont know if this is helpful or been mentioned but for smartphone users taptalk app will host your images and post them onto this forum for free and its very easy to do. May not work for everyone but worth a look i bet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
tjdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #52
ScottsGT

From my Google photo. Just got the app and loaded one photo to test it with.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...NhgMpzXAVDPZlf

I see nothing about the wXXXX-hXXXX in my link. Yes, I did the right click on the image and copy image location.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lx...g=w300-h500-no

OK! I think I'm getting this!

Last edited by ScottsGT; 07-17-2017 at 12:35 PM.
ScottsGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #53
J Persons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsGT View Post
From my Google photo. Just got the app and loaded one photo to test it with.

I see nothing about the wXXXX-hXXXX in my link. Yes, I did the right click on the image and copy image location.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lx...g=w300-h500-no

OK! I think I'm getting this!
This is what your photo looks like:
J Persons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #54
AngryBeaver

Yup all my build threads across numerous forums are now third party blocked. Been with photobucket since 2004. Even paid gold membership for a couple years.

Almost sounds like the rest of the forums that are migrating towards Facebook groups.
AngryBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote