Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #21
Platonic Solid

Default Re: HELP...spray paint on brick removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockettgpw View Post
Try 'peelaway', Its a paste and paper system. Slap on the paste and cover with their special paper and it lifts the paint off. Make sure the paste is into all crevices, keep it damp by spraying the paper with a spray bottle of water. Final clean up with hose and scrubbing brush after scraping off the bulk of the paste and lifted paint. I've used nearly 60 kg in the restoration of my place. It still involves effort but its the best I've found.

http://www.peelaway.com.au/
I second this (though I've never tried it on brick, so a small test area would be wise before going to town on it), but use "Peelaway 7" as that won't chemically change the brick color, where "Peelaway 1" may cause undesirable chemical reaction color change. Naturally "Peelaway 7" is more expensive, but it's less toxic than "Peelaway 1". (avoid skin contact - wear rubber gloves)

Goop it on - cover with special waxy tissue paper that is included in the can - leave on for 16 to 24 hrs - wash/scrape/brush off - last step = spray with vinegar to neutralize cleaned surface.
Platonic Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #22
shedfullatools

I know almost all hardware stores around here sell quarts and spray cans of graffiti remover for most surfaces, usually lists its primary use as on concrete and brick surfaces such as bridge abutments and buildings. Pretty easy to find
shedfullatools is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
KenC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsEH View Post
One of my neighbours bought an older home which has pressed brick walls. The previous owners must have been hippys cuz they took to one of the garage side walls( exterior) to try and make a mural but ended up with a puke yellow wall sprayed with rattle can paint...what a mess.
so the neighbour wants it gone.....
he has no idea..i.m thinking bead or soda blasting. He said he had a quote for 3k$....its only about 15 ft x 8 ft high....the pro said he wouldnt do it cuz it was too small a job...lol.

so whats out there in DIY land guys????

Lots of good ideas, but before offering any of my own I'd really like a definition of the term I noted above. Could be any number of actual materials.
KenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #24
dadsEH

By pressed brick ....im referring to the manufacture of bricks using an extrusion die and wire cut to thickness.the brick tends to have a porous surface compared to molded bricks but still very hard .