To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

6x48" metal sanding belt recommendations

bagged89s10

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
4,607
Location
CT
I need some various grit belts for my craftsman 6x48 belt sander for metal sanding. What does everyone recommend for a decent price and fast shipping?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
B

bagged89s10

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
4,607
Location
CT
Bagged check Lehigh valley abrasives they allways have what I am looking for.


Thanks. I'll take a look. I was on their site the other day looking at grinding wheels and their prices seemed pretty good. I didn't even think about looking there.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

LXCam

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
19,527
Location
AZ
Most of the time I use 120 grit on my belt sander, it seems to be the best all purpose finish. Also I've found that the belts sold by HF aren't all that bad. Then again it's been several years since I bought any from them. The last time I got good belts from them, I bought a **** load. But you can't go wrong with 3M or Norton.
 

dodge610

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
5,467
Location
North Canton Ohio
Most of the time I use 120 grit on my belt sander, it seems to be the best all purpose finish. Also I've found that the belts sold by HF aren't all that bad. Then again it's been several years since I bought any from them. The last time I got good belts from them, I bought a **** load. But you can't go wrong with 3M or Norton.

HF has decent ones also but the lehigh ones seem to last a little longer. Wonder who makes the HF belts.
 

zkling

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
16,939
Norton, check ebay, online and local abrasive shops. The wider belts can be surprisingly cheaper locally. I don't think lehigh valley even carries 6x48 belts.
 
Last edited:
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom