To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Bid seems out of line.

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Jlarson

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2015
Messages
738
Location
AZ
I GUARANTY you the only reason the electricians agreed for you to get the breakers was because you were so hung up on the price of them. It was just less hassle for them to say "Sure. You get them."

And the EC doesn't have to warranty the AFCI's, good deal.
 
OP
T

Thumper68

Well-known member
Joined
May 16, 2013
Messages
5,134
Location
Duluth MN
Electrician got here just after * am and left at 4, even with me helping (drilled all the joists and pulled the wire) we still have 2 to 3 hours more to do tomorrow.

He was a nice guy (not someone who I have worked with before) and his work is very neat and clean, just what I expected.

We had a few issues with the ground rods, took about an hour to finally get 2 of them in, had to pull them and retry several times a third one we could only get in 6 feet or so and could not get it back out.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

wyliesdiesels

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 14, 2012
Messages
20,289
Location
Modesto, CA
Electrician got here just after * am and left at 4, even with me helping (drilled all the joists and pulled the wire) we still have 2 to 3 hours more to do tomorrow.

He was a nice guy (not someone who I have worked with before) and his work is very neat and clean, just what I expected.

We had a few issues with the ground rods, took about an hour to finally get 2 of them in, had to pull them and retry several times a third one we could only get in 6 feet or so and could not get it back out.

When that happens, you are allowed to bend the rod 90* so a short piece is sticking up vertically and the rest gets buried in a horizontal trench....
 
OP
T

Thumper68

Well-known member
Joined
May 16, 2013
Messages
5,134
Location
Duluth MN
When that happens, you are allowed to bend the rod 90* so a short piece is sticking up vertically and the rest gets buried in a horizontal trench....

That was going to be our last option, The side of the house is only about 30 inches from the alley so not a lot of room to bend it over. In the end we got them in so all is good.

I will get some pictures tomorrow of where we are at now and the finished project.

Then I get to go get a permit and start on the complete rewire of the house, will be a long project as I want to do it a bit at a time as I get time.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom