To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

can anyone in northern NJ do bending for facia

s2kfixit

New member
Joined
May 15, 2024
Messages
2
I recently put new roof and found out that facia were really old and got loose. I have the coil but don't have a brake and i am not an expert in bending so was wondering if there is someone in Northern NJ who has brake and use my coil. Any suggestion will be great. Also if some makes facia with their own material i am fine too as an option but would hate to pay more when i already have the coil
Any help will be great.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Jgaz

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 16, 2016
Messages
1,811
Location
AZ
When I covered the soffits and facia with aluminum on my pervious Michigan house I was able to rent a brake that was designed to do facia.
A friend helped me get started with the brake and after that it was quite easy.
 
OP
S

s2kfixit

New member
Joined
May 15, 2024
Messages
2
When I covered the soffits and facia with aluminum on my pervious Michigan house I was able to rent a brake that was designed to do facia.
A friend helped me get started with the brake and after that it was quite easy.
Interesting. I see HD rental has the brake for rent. never used it. but let me see if i can find someone. Any company will fabriacate as order and we can pickup the facia with good gauge material.?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

jack stand

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
3,442
Location
Lakes Region Maine
Using a brake is very straightforward and obvious, there are little tips like "hemming" the edges that I'm sure is somewhere on YT.
There's others like cutting down the coil to width and general handling of the coil not to put in "fish eyes".
If you're not comfortable it shouldn't be too hard to find a siding contractor who will make it up with your coil.
 

mrbill55

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
1,265
Location
Greenville, SC
I recently put new roof and found out that facia were really old and got loose. I have the coil but don't have a brake and i am not an expert in bending so was wondering if there is someone in Northern NJ who has brake and use my coil. Any suggestion will be great. Also if some makes facia with their own material i am fine too as an option but would hate to pay more when i already have the coil
Any help will be great.
Where in northern, NJ?

Bill S.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom