To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Opinions on this kerosene radiant heater

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

PWC Repair

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
3,254
Location
Arkansas
That thing will outright burn you up in that little space. The freestanding type around 30000 btu would be plenty with a little fan running to move the air. Thats what i use.
 
OP
R

Rizzo777

New member
Joined
Dec 7, 2017
Messages
2
Can you post a link? I have a 23k convection wick kerosene heater doesn't seem like it produces much heat but I don't have a drywall ceiling yet...
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Pathfinders

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2013
Messages
1,300
Location
Upstate SC
I have a 672 sq ft garage and I use a 30,000 btu heater and turn on a fan. Works great. Get the ceiling up and insulate.
 

Bretny

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
3,918
Location
Dutchess county NY
I have tried to use many types of non vented heaters. Spend a bit more and get a vented heater or go electric. Any flame in a building will burn all the oxygen. So your either cold or dead.

The kerosene wixk style heaters work well for keeping a place warm that is alreaty warm. They dont work well for heating a cold area. They just dont have the btu and air movement needed.
 

fteufert

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
382
Location
Near Scranton, PA
400 square foot garage with non insulated OSB walls, and 6 inches of blown in insulation in the ceiling (OSB too)

My 32K kerosene heater heats up the garage with no issues (20 to 55 in about 1 1/2 hours)

Any new unvented gas heater will have an oxygen depletion valve, and not many garages are actually air tight enough to cause issues.

You will get some condensation, depending on the area you live in
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom