To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

2019 Lowe's deals/sales/clearance thread

TTMotorsports

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Messages
1,107
Location
Lucerne Valley, CA
Ran into an issue at lowes today. Buying bulk to get contractor price then used 10% off coupon online and checked out with store pickup. When I picked up order online they charged me for just bulk contractor pricing not additional 10%. Had to argue and get manager to honor the price that was on checkout online. The price I agreed to pay when I ordered.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

2manytools

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
4,383
Location
Mt Pleasant, MI
Ran into an issue at lowes today. Buying bulk to get contractor price then used 10% off coupon online and checked out with store pickup. When I picked up order online they charged me for just bulk contractor pricing not additional 10%. Had to argue and get manager to honor the price that was on checkout online. The price I agreed to pay when I ordered.

I was in the store on Sunday picking up the pressure washer on special at $99. I had a $20 off $100, so I grabbed something cheap to just get me over. The $20 off only took $4.** off my total. I had didn't have time to screw around, so I had the girl void the coupon and I entered my Dad's phone for his 10% off, it was for him after all, and that too only took the same $4.** off.

I called later that evening, and the customer service representative said that coupon redemption changed last week. It takes in to account the lowest price somehow, but couldn't give a definitive answer. She said they don't like the change, and would honor my coupon if I brought it in. I don't care about change, well I do, but at least advertise it.
 

superskaterxes

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
418
Location
Maryland
does anyone know what happens if you used a coupon to purchase these items and then your order gets canceled? it doesent look like the coupon got re-instated, do i need to call?
 

Dh3256

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,219
does anyone know what happens if you used a coupon to purchase these items and then your order gets canceled? it doesent look like the coupon got re-instated, do i need to call?

That's correct, once a coupon is used it cannot be used again. The only thing they could do is issue a new coupon, but they probably will not. Basically if you use a coupon then return the item you don't get the coupon back, that's the case at most if not all stores.
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
That's correct, once a coupon is used it cannot be used again. The only thing they could do is issue a new coupon, but they probably will not. Basically if you use a coupon then return the item you don't get the coupon back, that's the case at most if not all stores.

Reminds me of an older guy we play poker with. We affectionately call him the angry Jew. Whenever he hosted the game, he used a coupon with Papa John’s. He never gave it to the driver and the coupon had no expiration date. One night, we hear him arguing while ordering the pizza. the jig was up. After 3 years, they finally stopped accepting his coupon. It was a good run!

BTW, there’s no way I’d lose the use of that coupon. Call Lowe’s and get it sorted out.
 

Dh3256

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,219
BTW, there’s no way I’d lose the use of that coupon. Call Lowe’s and get it sorted out.


I'm curious if you have had success with that. Since the "one time use" is in the terms for most of the coupons, I'm not sure what argument one could make other than goodwill.
 

2manytools

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
4,383
Location
Mt Pleasant, MI
I'm curious if you have had success with that. Since the "one time use" is in the terms for most of the coupons, I'm not sure what argument one could make other than goodwill.

Argument: I wouldn't have used it if I knew you were going to cancel the order.

Yes I'm sure their terms get them out of giving another one out, but common sense should come in to play more at corporations. Fine, cancel the order, but to not re-issue a coupon for someone who calls in is sort of a joke.
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
I'm curious if you have had success with that. Since the "one time use" is in the terms for most of the coupons, I'm not sure what argument one could make other than goodwill.

I have not. If corporate wouldn't concede, I'd print out my credit card statements, or bring receipts on recent Lowes purchases and I'm sure local management would give 10%. I'd also have my instore item(s) selected. Now, if you insist on an online purchase, i still have to believe corporate would honor it on a phone order.

I will add, the the State Attorney General would take a dime view of a corporation giving 10% coupons, redeeming them on items they never intended to provide, then revoking the coupon. Christ, is it any different than writing a bad check??
 
Last edited:

gumme

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 24, 2015
Messages
616
I have not. If corporate wouldn't concede, I'd print out my credit card statements, or bring receipts on recent Lowes purchases and I'm sure local management would give 10%. I'd also have my instore item(s) selected. Now, if you insist on an online purchase, i still have to believe corporate would honor it on a phone order.

I will add, the the State Attorney General would take a dime view of a corporation giving 10% coupons, redeeming them on items they never intended to provide, then revoking the coupon. Christ, is it any different than writing a bad check??

Here is the problem with your argument. I am assuming you got your coupon code off Ebay or used a coupon generator. Therefore Lowes did not issue you the coupon. So why would you hold Lowes accountable when they never gave you the coupon in the first place?
 

Dh3256

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,219
I will add, the the State Attorney General would take a dime view of a corporation giving 10% coupons, redeeming them on items they never intended to provide, then revoking the coupon.

How do you know or prove they "never intended to provide" the items? They did not "revoke" the coupon, it was used on an order.

I doubt the AG would care or do anything about it, since they have complied with the terms of the coupon and really have done nothing wrong or even questionable.

Regardless, if it is the 10% coupon, the cashiers will give a 10% discount on request so it's essentially a moot point, everyone gets a 10% discount in-store without a coupon.
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
How do you know or prove they "never intended to provide" the items? They did not "revoke" the coupon, it was used on an order.

I doubt the AG would care or do anything about it, since they have complied with the terms of the coupon and really have done nothing wrong or even questionable.

Regardless, if it is the 10% coupon, the cashiers will give a 10% discount on request so it's essentially a moot point, everyone gets a 10% discount in-store without a coupon.

I'm sure the AG has better things to do. I was trying to make a point. It's the fact that folks are saying Lowes wouldn't give them that 10% coupon back. How do you figure Lowes complied with the terms? Lowes offered a 10% coupon, which implies that the customer will receive the value of 10% off on some future purchase, but not that it can be taken away if the order isn't fulfilled? How is the promise that Lowes made to give 10% off fulfilled?

If the definition of an order does not include the fulfillment of the order, then retailers will have a field day with that. Is there a difference between:

10% off your order?
10% off your purchase?

I don't know. Are a purchase and an order the same? Dunno. I would think purchase implies that order has been fulfilled, so maybe Lowes can use that distinction. Keep in mind, that average citizen reads at an 8th grade level, which is why credit card companies are so heavily regulated.

Lowes 4th of July Sale:

"You can get 30% off, whenever you place an order...but we don't have to fill the order or complete the purchase, if we don't approve of your purchase." Was that on the coupon?

I've said it in other posts. This does not appear to be a one-off. Lowes is either misleading customers or incompetent.

I'll side with Billy Joel and say incompetence is likely the culprit.
 

2manytools

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
4,383
Location
Mt Pleasant, MI
I'm sure the AG has better things to do. I was trying to make a point. It's the fact that folks are saying Lowes wouldn't give them that 10% coupon back. How do you figure Lowes complied with the terms? Lowes offered a 10% coupon, which implies that the customer will receive the value of 10% off on some future purchase, but not that it can be taken away if the order isn't fulfilled? How is the promise that Lowes made to give 10% off fulfilled?

If the definition of an order does not include the fulfillment of the order, then retailers will have a field day with that. Is there a difference between:

10% off your order?
10% off your purchase?

I don't know. Are a purchase and an order the same? Dunno. I would think purchase implies that order has been fulfilled, so maybe Lowes can use that distinction. Keep in mind, that average citizen reads at an 8th grade level, which is why credit card companies are so heavily regulated.

Lowes 4th of July Sale:

"You can get 30% off, whenever you place an order...but we don't have to fill the order or complete the purchase, if we don't approve of your purchase." Was that on the coupon?

I've said it in other posts. This does not appear to be a one-off. Lowes is either misleading customers or incompetent.

I'll side with Billy Joel and say incompetence is likely the culprit.


Legally speaking, a purchase is just one item. A transaction is one or more purchases. In the fine print of (grocery) coupons, you will see verbage like: "limit 1 per purchase, limited 4 per transaction." Not exactly an answer to your questions, but I do know that minuscule tidbit of retail info.


I stopped in Lowes tonight to get a coupon snafu taken care. Again, the rep couldn't give full details, more because it doesn't sound like corporate communicated anything, but depending on how low an item is on sale, coupons may not work on it, or only partially take something off. I only had $4.96 taken off a $99 item whether a 10% military or $20 off $100 (with filler) was used. This just happened last week or so she said, and was nice enough to honor the coupon in full...this time.
 

gumme

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 24, 2015
Messages
616
For all you people weighing in on this coupon debate. Where did you obtain your coupon. I bet not a single one of you obtained it directly from Lowes.
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
Full disclosure, I had no coupon. AIn fact, before this order, I’ve never ordered from Lowe’s online. Maybe once, for flooring tile. But that’s kind of s blur, since we we doing three baths and I can’t recall where everything came from. I could give a hoot about the coupons, just playing devil’s advocate ��

If Lowe’s didn’t provide the coupon, then I would they’re not responsible, however do they not sponsor the “giving” of these coupons??? I don’t see how a company could sell coupons, redeemable at Lowe’s, and Lowe’s not have some relationship with them. After all, Lowe’s has to agree to accept them.

With the second company involved, it’s now a conspiracy!
 

Dh3256

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,219
It's the fact that folks are saying Lowes wouldn't give them that 10% coupon back.

I read the OP as a $20 off coupon. The coupon terms say it is one time use and will not be refunded after use. People may not like the terms, but Lowes simply complied with the terms and did nothing wrong.

No value in further debate, we are already off-topic.
 
Last edited:

Dh3256

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,219
If Lowe’s didn’t provide the coupon, then I would they’re not responsible, however do they not sponsor the “giving” of these coupons?

Lowes issues coupons directly to consumers, either by email or printing on a receipt. Those are legitimate coupons (and the only ones I use)

Coupons obtained from Ebay, coupon generators, etc. are not legitimate coupons, even if the register will accept them, and use of those coupons is coupon fraud. Lowes seems to rarely take action, but if they do, jail time is a real possiblity.
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
I read the OP as a $20 off coupon. The coupon terms say it is one time use and will not be refunded in the case of a return. People may not like the terms, but Lowes simply complied with the terms and did nothing wrong.

No value in further debate, we are already off-topic.

However, this was not a return, since no product was delivered. Sorry, I can’t help myself sometimes! I’ll go finish cleaning the garage. I’ve put together a nice collection of older cordless and corded tools for some young women just starting out.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Willie Makeit

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
939
Lowes issues coupons directly to consumers, either by email or printing on a receipt. Those are legitimate coupons (and the only ones I use)

Coupons obtained from Ebay, coupon generators, etc. are not legitimate coupons, even if the register will accept them, and use of those coupons is coupon fraud. Lowes seems to rarely take action, but if they do, jail time is a real possiblity.

lol. no one is going to jail over a coupon. :lol_hitti
 

joseywales

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
1,307
Location
Southeastern, PA
Lowes issues coupons directly to consumers, either by email or printing on a receipt. Those are legitimate coupons (and the only ones I use)

Coupons obtained from Ebay, coupon generators, etc. are not legitimate coupons, even if the register will accept them, and use of those coupons is coupon fraud. Lowes seems to rarely take action, but if they do, jail time is a real possiblity.

Reminds me of the toy makers who would regularly used our trademarked logo. We just never put any effort to chasing them down. Cheap advertising right?
 

BMack37

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
1,091
You guys laugh but I did 20 years in San Quentin for a fraudulent Montgomery Ward coupon.
 

bubinga

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2014
Messages
12,744
Location
Bridgeport Ohio. (Across River From Wheeling WV)

log man

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
80
Location
new york state
Thanks Wasatch,
My kid is building a pole barn. We rough wired for openers, but it looks like we might be installing sooner than I thought.
 

Gurp

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
366
Location
So.Ohio
Picked up a set of metric wrenches during my lowes stop yesterday. They where the only thing i seen discounted this much in the tool section. Didn't see any kobalt tool boxes in the store anymore. 20190706_155455.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using The Garage Journal mobile app
 

superduty1

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
234
Lots of kobalt tools in clearance at West Hills, CA Lowes.

Hopefully the pics are high enough resolution to zoom in. 37d66ebe674752b0f4227773cf91a426.jpgc3c830544cc5264672db3c5c676b59ac.jpg7926e3f827ff9e81f620ce440950ee5a.jpgb9adf420f7626b2c66b559fe527ec451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • 37d66ebe674752b0f4227773cf91a426.jpg
    37d66ebe674752b0f4227773cf91a426.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
  • c3c830544cc5264672db3c5c676b59ac.jpg
    c3c830544cc5264672db3c5c676b59ac.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 7926e3f827ff9e81f620ce440950ee5a.jpg
    7926e3f827ff9e81f620ce440950ee5a.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0
  • b9adf420f7626b2c66b559fe527ec451.jpg
    b9adf420f7626b2c66b559fe527ec451.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 0

fourjeepin

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
3,688
Location
Atlanta, GA
I don’t know about current Kobalt, but they used to be made by the same folks as snap on. Might have to swing by my local store.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom