To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

350 sq ft of Rust Bullet in blue

hh76

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
3,481
Location
NE Wisconsin
Finally got around to getting the floor done in my shop. Everything went smoothly, and not many regrets as of yet.

I did grind, although I only really went deep on the cuts, which I filled with epoxy. The rest just got a light grind to get rid of a few trowel marks.

First coat of regular used 1.25 gal, but I did have to stretch it for the last 10 sq ft. This is one of my regrets, as I think it may have been a factor in the one minor flaw I ended up with. If you look closely just in front of the overhead door, you can see that there is a dull spot. No big deal, it won't be noticed after a little dust settles.

Second coat, 1 gal did a good job covering. Some roller marks, but I wasn't being all that careful to avoid knowing that it would be covered.

Third coat, blue. Went down even easier than the grey. 1 gal did it. I was really surprised how easy it was to do the edges and the exposed stem wall. Seemed like one stroke with the brush completely covered. Rolled out the field very quickly.

Fourth coat, blue. Again easy, and even quicker with the trim work being done.

Only other regrets were my poor job cleaning up the stem wall in prep, an my masking along the overhead door ( didn't want blue visible from outside). Both user error, not product.







When I get the trim up and clean the cocrete dust off the walls, I'll update photos.

Extra thanks to Garage Flooring and Justin. Purchase was easy, and they were easy to get ahold of on the phone. They even allowed me to exchange a gallon of clear for blue, and covered the shipping back to me. Really didn't think it was something they needed to do, but justin seemed to be more interested in making sure I was happy than anything.

One thing that I would like to note, as it caught me by surprise. The color shot required recoat within 6hrs, not 24 like the grey. Had I not read the instruction on the can, I would have waited too long.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Shea

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,872
Location
California
Great job! I've been wondering what the blue would look like. This might be popular with the Ford fans.
 

Garage Flooring

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
5,288
Location
Grand Junction, CO
Finally got around to getting the floor done in my shop. Everything went smoothly, and not many regrets as of yet.

I did grind, although I only really went deep on the cuts, which I filled with epoxy. The rest just got a light grind to get rid of a few trowel marks.

First coat of regular used 1.25 gal, but I did have to stretch it for the last 10 sq ft. This is one of my regrets, as I think it may have been a factor in the one minor flaw I ended up with. If you look closely just in front of the overhead door, you can see that there is a dull spot. No big deal, it won't be noticed after a little dust settles.

Second coat, 1 gal did a good job covering. Some roller marks, but I wasn't being all that careful to avoid knowing that it would be covered.

Third coat, blue. Went down even easier than the grey. 1 gal did it. I was really surprised how easy it was to do the edges and the exposed stem wall. Seemed like one stroke with the brush completely covered. Rolled out the field very quickly.

Fourth coat, blue. Again easy, and even quicker with the trim work being done.

Only other regrets were my poor job cleaning up the stem wall in prep, an my masking along the overhead door ( didn't want blue visible from outside). Both user error, not product.







When I get the trim up and clean the cocrete dust off the walls, I'll update photos.

Extra thanks to Garage Flooring and Justin. Purchase was easy, and they were easy to get ahold of on the phone. They even allowed me to exchange a gallon of clear for blue, and covered the shipping back to me. Really didn't think it was something they needed to do, but justin seemed to be more interested in making sure I was happy than anything.

One thing that I would like to note, as it caught me by surprise. The color shot required recoat within 6hrs, not 24 like the grey. Had I not read the instruction on the can, I would have waited too long.

This looks awesome! May I use some of the pictures?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

mustangmatt

Active member
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
34
Location
Blaine, mn
Looks sweet! I am a ford guy (obviously) and wow would think about that color for sure! What are you using for your ceiling it looks neat!
 

Joeys79

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
50
Location
Southern Indiana
When I saw the orange white and blue, I wasn't thinking Ford...
Mine is still in progress.:rocker:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4310.jpg
    DSCF4310.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 29
OP
H

hh76

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
3,481
Location
NE Wisconsin
Looks sweet! I am a ford guy (obviously) and wow would think about that color for sure! What are you using for your ceiling it looks neat!

Ceiling is corrugated steel. I thought it would be quicker and easier than drywall, but am not so sure now. It was some cheep, thin stuff and was a real pain in the but to keep things straight and square. Few seems I'm not real proud of, but I don't look up all that often, so I'm not too concerned.

When I saw the orange white and blue, I wasn't thinking Ford...
Mine is still in progress.:rocker:

Color scheme really was just random. White and green were left over from the house, and orange was on the clearance shelf ( custom mix that didn't get picked up by the original customer) at the depot. I wanted to make sure it didn't get too drab in there, so I figured bright paint would cheer it up.

Blue floor was just because I really liked the one I saw at a kids museum visited in the past.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom