To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Amorproxy SPGX vs Nohr-S® Polyurea vs Polyurea Garage Floor Coating

itrocks4u

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
8
Hello everyone

New to the forums and was hoping for a bit of a help. I have a local contractor who is willing to charge $1,000 to apply the Rustoleum epoxy kit that costs $200. However, in the prep work he would only broom and pressure watch, no acid etch or grinding. From a quality perspective, two of my neighbors did mention certain areas are already peeling (less than a year) where by the vehicle tires. The alternate quotes with grinding that I have found start at $3000+ eith lifetime warranty. I don't intend to stay in the house for more than 2 years.

I'm trying to see if I can instead DIY and after reading numerous threads it seems like Armorpoxy SPGX is easiest to install (relatively speaking) as no mixing is involved. Now I also see SPGX is compared to Nohr-S and Garage Floor LLC Polyurea kits. From a pricing perspective it looks like they are around the same price point.

From the folks here, is there one product you prefer over another?
What have you found easiest to apply?

Thanks!
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Shea

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,872
Location
California
Hello everyone

New to the forums and was hoping for a bit of a help. I have a local contractor who is willing to charge $1,000 to apply the Rustoleum epoxy kit that costs $200. However, in the prep work he would only broom and pressure watch, no acid etch or grinding. From a quality perspective, two of my neighbors did mention certain areas are already peeling (less than a year) where by the vehicle tires. The alternate quotes with grinding that I have found start at $3000+ eith lifetime warranty. I don't intend to stay in the house for more than 2 years.

I'm trying to see if I can instead DIY and after reading numerous threads it seems like Armorpoxy SPGX is easiest to install (relatively speaking) as no mixing is involved. Now I also see SPGX is compared to Nohr-S and Garage Floor LLC Polyurea kits. From a pricing perspective it looks like they are around the same price point.

From the folks here, is there one product you prefer over another?
What have you found easiest to apply?

Thanks!
All three are excellent and you would not be making a wrong choice with any of them. Just know that you will be required to etch the concrete at a minimum. When the price point is similar, we always recommend giving each a call and speak with them about your project. You will gain more information this way, learn how much material you need to order, and get a better idea of which vendor you feel most comfortable working with. They all want your project to be successful.

Just as an FYI, the majority of emails we receive from our readers looking for advice about problems with coatings are due to hiring a handyman, painter, or local contractor (not coating contractor specialists) to apply a particular product. They all incorrectly assume that applying coatings is similar to applying paint - it's not. The ignorance of the local contractor you spoke with is obvious when he stated he would only pressure wash. That and the price - yikes! Your good sense to research the topic has prevented an unhappy outcome :)
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Armorpoxy

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
3,735
Location
NJ
If you give the floor a good etch with dliuted muriatic acid and then coat with our SPGX you will get a fantastic floor that will hold up for many, many years at an excellent price point.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom