To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Best way to keep items from sliding on concrete floor?

SteveL

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
760
Location
St. Louis, MO
I have an Eley hose reel in the garage that will eventually go outside, but in the meantime, I am using it to wash vehicles inside during the winter and as you pull the hose out, the reel slides fairly easily. Don’t want to drill in to the concrete for anchors and really don’t want to glue it down as I will be coating the floor in the spring.

Any ideas of how to keep this thing planted without messing up the floor? Will be getting a wall mount version at some point but it has a different footprint or I would just wall mount this one temporarily But don’t want to end up patching drywall.

115FEE0F-0801-457A-B7DD-6B7CEEAE8ADD.jpeg
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
S

SteveL

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
760
Location
St. Louis, MO
Amazing how the simplest answers are right in front of your nose but can’t see them. All I need to do is adjust the amount of drag on the reel. Built in feature that I had to adjust when I first put it together. Doh!

Thanks for the input regardless of my stupidity.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom