To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Good gangbox/termination point housing for outdoor Cat5e

Vinko

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
5,829
Location
Los Angeles
Can anyone recommend a good outdoor box for outdoor Cat5e? I’d be running it from inside a building to out via (I suppose) rigid conduit and terminate at a place where I’d eventually like to have it hook up to a keypad/camera. But want to keep my options open.

I know for instance, that the Bell makes (made?) good weather-resistant housings for electrical so is there a good quality equivalent for the Cat5e?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

wssix99

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
5,195
Location
Chicago, IL
I used this on my new house and am very happy with it.

http://www.aflglobal.com/Products/C...bleGuard-1500-Coax-Demarcation-Enclosure.aspx

I have cable and Cat6 running through my wall and into the box for external connections. (So I can switch between Cable and the phone company for internet service when I'm ready to play them off each other to bring rates down.)

There's room inside to mount grounding blocks and/or other gadgetry that you might want to have sheltered for the elements.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
V

Vinko

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
5,829
Location
Los Angeles
Great -- thanks to both of you for the info! I knew about Bell but didn’t know about AFL. I’ll check into both of them.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom