To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Hammond of Kalamazoo bench grinder

rustynbent

Active member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
43
Location
S Indiana
Is this one worth an investment? I have several baldors but no hammonds yet.
 

Attachments

  • hammond grinder.jpg
    hammond grinder.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 89
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

matt_i

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
10,843
Location
SE Michigan
Those "rocks" look about 2" thick x 10-12" diameter.

Replacements aren't cheap.

I had a mongo 3hp grinder for a short time, I never really found a use for it as belt sanders and hand held cutters and grinders were faster and smoother.

If you have the use for it then it looks like a quality unit.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

seber

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
4,231
Location
Deep East Tx.
The Hammond grinders were tanks. I don't think you could hurt it with a sledgehammer. I worked with one early in my career. It was a thing of beauty. The toolroom techy took care of it and it was as steady when running as it was turned off. That one had enough power to grind anything put to it.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom