pblanton
Well-known member
Hello,
I recently purchased a 43 year-old house on 5 acres, with a 2000 square foot shop out back. It's a pretty nice setup, but like the house its most attractive feature is its potential.
Over time, I want to finish the shop nicely with a commercial linoleum checkerboard floor, nice paint on the currently unfinished drywall, maybe corrugated tin wainscoting, plumbed for air, and a nice corner carved out for my pool table and a small wet-bar area with a built-in humidor.
First things first though. While planning to add a new 30 Amp, 220V circuit for the air compressor, I found that the existing panel will only allow for one 220V circuit, so I am replacing the panel today and running my new compressor circuit. Once the compressor is in place, I'll build a closet around it, ventilated from outside in order to cut down noise from the compressor.
Here is a picture of the shop in its current condition. Lots of work to do!
I recently purchased a 43 year-old house on 5 acres, with a 2000 square foot shop out back. It's a pretty nice setup, but like the house its most attractive feature is its potential.
Over time, I want to finish the shop nicely with a commercial linoleum checkerboard floor, nice paint on the currently unfinished drywall, maybe corrugated tin wainscoting, plumbed for air, and a nice corner carved out for my pool table and a small wet-bar area with a built-in humidor.
First things first though. While planning to add a new 30 Amp, 220V circuit for the air compressor, I found that the existing panel will only allow for one 220V circuit, so I am replacing the panel today and running my new compressor circuit. Once the compressor is in place, I'll build a closet around it, ventilated from outside in order to cut down noise from the compressor.
Here is a picture of the shop in its current condition. Lots of work to do!