Re: Hewey's 30sqm (322sqft) 'do everything double' garage
Thanks guys

Hotfr8, that first batch of pics was 2011, the second (in the rain) were 2012.
So it's been a good long weekend here. Last weekend when we were meeting up with Grumblebum and Lyndon, a guy on Instagram alerted me to a great deal on a cruiser bike on gumtree, up in the Blue Mountains. It ended up following me home, too good a deal to pass up really

I had one of these a few years ago, but sold it to a mate.
The bike is a Dyno 'Taboo Tiki'. Dyno were an arm of GT bikes who did BMXs, and they branched out into some great beach cruisers in the late 90s. Since then Schwinn bought GT, and sold off the Dyno brand since they had their own cruisers. This particular model was designed by lowbrow & hot rod artist Von Franco.
This is the original pic from their awesome calendar of their different models
And the bike I picked up. She's in okay nic, barely ridden, but the left hand side has some damage from thoughtless storage
Speaking of tiki stuff, I finally got around to unpacking and sorting our tiki mug cabinet. I'll share a few more pics of this room as we get it a little more sorted out in the near future. My wife and I actually met on the forum Tiki Central. She lived interstate at the time, but then a mate was having a tiki themed party in Queensland so I used it as an excuse to go meet her. The rest as they say is history
So yesterday we headed out for a drive, with no real plan in place about where we might end up. We ended up doing a 500km (310 miles) loop!

Headed up the mountains and stopped in a few antique shops. One of them was closing down and shedding stock, and when we expressed an interest in this vintage tourist photo book, the owner gave it to us

I just love the font on the front.
We headed west and ended up going down to Jenolan Caves for kicks. Except we're idiots, and didn't consider it was perfect weather, the middle of a long weekend, and the middle of school holidays. I dropped off the missus so she could use the loo, but didn't actually stop because there was no parking
On the other side we saw a signpost to Goulburn, so figured what the heck, lets go there. This was a neat little cottage garden we passed
We love checking out the buildings in these little country towns, as lots of them have survived without being butchered too much in the name of 'progress'. This is the old fire station in Crookwell, which is currently for sale. One day I'd love to do a residential conversion of a place like this.
The Holden mechanics (that's the Aussie arm of General Motors)
And the swimming pool
We cruised on to Goulburn, and had some pizza in the park for an early dinner. Goulburn is a little underated I reckon, it's actually a pretty nice little town. Just freezing in winter!
And then on the way home we grabbed some dessert at Lickits in Narrellan, which isn't far from Lyndon's place. They do frozen custard, which is somewhere between the consistency of soft serve and regular ice cream. Yum!
Today was just a quiet one at home. I got out for a mountain bike ride while the missus had breaky at a nice cafe. Then we washed both our cars, then I washed the mud off the driveway from yesterday's drive

Rearranged the garage and did some tidying up, and mounted my vice.