I was also terribly frustrated wit every garden hose I had ever bought. I mentioned this to my (now passed on) father inlaw, he was not happy with what was out there & had just finished building himself on of his own design. He gave me one & now I wouldn't give it up for love or money! It's made totally copper & works like nothing I have ever seen! I can turn my hose on full blast, water directly on a delicate flower garden & do zero damage to the flowers. It has a beautiful fan spray pattern that seems to fall like rain on its target & it
never leaks (as long as you use a washer in it). It's a simple design with no moving parts to go wrong. I have run it over with my car more than once. It has been dropped many times & has even been thrown into a brick wall once! Other than a few scratches, it has no damage at all. I use quick connects & just unplug it when I want to shut it off.
I have since made a couple more for friends & they all love them.
I was thinking about trying to sell them, Would need to get about $20.00 for them. You guys think there might be a market out there for them at that price?
Anyway here's a picture of 2 of them. One with a "quick connect" end on it & one plain.
Steve