To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Legacy Industrial HD6600 Delaminating?

malachi71

New member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3
I applied 10 gallons of the HD6600 to my garage floor last summer. I was cleaning the floor yesterday and noticed that the sealer on one side of our two-car garage floor is delaminating. I'm highly disappointed about this because I painstakingly prepped the floor according to Legacy Industrial's procedures.

Any suggestions as to what to do to remedy this problem?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

LegacyIndustrial

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
7,995
Location
deerfield, IL
I would suggest contacting Legacy Industrial. Be prepared to send us good pictures of issue and order number and last name.

We will work with you to create a solution to the issue.

Send to: [email protected]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

LegacyIndustrial

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
7,995
Location
deerfield, IL
Thanks for the pics. The floor had been subjected to winter salts, grits, etc...
It is a single component acrylic sealer and will require more maintenance than higher performing products.

High performance coatings cost more, require more prep and require less maintenance.
With a little repair your floor will be in good shape once again.

Thanks for contacting us.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
M

malachi71

New member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3
Well the floor has been subjected to road salt for only four months. The floor's exposure to salt has been intermittent at best. We've had a "light" winter so far. That seems premature for already needing maintenance. And delaminating...that's frustrating. When we have breaks in the weather, I always clean the floor with water and mild soap to get the salt off.

The floor in the other bay is not delaminating. It does have less salt exposure compared to the one that is delaminating. The floors in both bay's received equal prep and application. The technical data on this product says that it has good resistance to de-icing salts. I'm not seeing that. I knew going with this product there would be some maintenance but it was told to me every 5-7 years. Since we've had a light winter so far in PA, I can't imagine this stuff doing well when we have some bad winters.

Not sure what to do next?
 
Last edited:

Acuratechva

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
438
Location
Virginia Beach VA
Since technicaly private issue was taken public can we see what OP is complaining about.

If OP has pictures of prep would be great too, i'll be doing mine soon. I'd hate to make a mistake and screw it up.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom