To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Lisle Jeepers Creeper vs Bone-ster creeper

s14kev

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
245
Need a new creeper for the garage. Narrowed it down to two choices. Bonester looks slightly sturdier but awkward shape and no good way to store or hang it out of the way. I'm leaning towards the Lisle. I think the Lisle head cushion can be removed to make it lower but am not totally sure on this. Anyone used both? Which one is lower?
 

Attachments

  • 8146R+hVhGL._SX679_.jpg
    8146R+hVhGL._SX679_.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 61ZHcMFDaoL._SL1500_.jpg
    61ZHcMFDaoL._SL1500_.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 49
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

CarsonConcepts

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
419
Location
North East, MD
I have the Lisle one and love it. The head rest is not removable (at least on my one that's a few years old now). Rolls well, and is comfortable. I'm 6'1" 250# and it has held up very well. If you go that route, check out Advance Auto as it was the cheapest I found it with one of their discount coupons when I bought mine.
 

Professional Tool User

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2018
Messages
1,835
Location
BC
I've got the Lisle. As long as there isn't any debris on the ground like bits of floor dry, it's fine. I've tried out my co-worker's bone (different model), and it will roll around fine regardless of the debris on the ground. It will still work on gravel as well. I would get the Bonester if I were to buy it all over again. It allows you to keep your low ground clearance and you still have 3" wheels. The low profile version of the Lisle has puny wheels in conparison. As for hanging my Lisle creeper, it never really crossed my mind. I just lean it agsinst my tool box or on a wall.
 
Last edited:

bas157

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
724
Location
Near Philly
I've got a Bone creeper (not the Bonester) and like it. I'd like the Rough-Rider version but not until my Bone dies and I don't think they had that version when I bought mine.. Storage isn't great, I keep it standing up between a round Rubbermaid trash can and a shelf which works pretty good. Rolls really nicely though!
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

06switchback

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 17, 2015
Messages
139
I can't speak for either of these creepers but I have a king crawler and the big wheels are great they will roll over an air hose but the way they stick out the corners similar to the bone style they do get in the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
 

WWheeler

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 23, 2015
Messages
4,105
Location
Middleofnowhere USA
Bone Rough Rider. Made in USA. Almost too comfortable in how it conforms - hard to describe... and 2 years in it seems pretty indestructible so far, and I'm 'that guy' who went though 3 different creepers in the year and a half before I found this one, one right after another. Rough Rider also rolls way better than any other creeper I've tried, right over cracks or rocks or even air hoses that would have brought every other creeper to I've used to a dead stop.

BUT, like I'm sure I've said before around here, I've been looking hard at a Fastback Pro by Creepex for a couple months now. It looks like it's pretty badass to me. Does anyone have one of these yet? I'd really like to see some real reviews of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ReSI7v8KWQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 

Billythekid1

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
240
Bone rolls better but the lisle gets me lower I have wide shoulders and the humps for the wheels make it harder to make my body lower I own a bone but sometimes wish I had that extra half inch I would buy bone again
 

BRGCobra

Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2018
Messages
7
Location
Richardson Tx.
Bone creeper user here.
Like others have posted, the big corners can hit/bump on objects under the car. (jackstands)
The other complaint I have is the bone is so low and wraps around you that I find it an absolute pain in the a** to get out of. I literally have to almost roll off the creeper just to get off it. And I`m not a 300 lb. guy either.

All in all I`m content with my Bone creeper. I just lean it against the edge of my workbench in the garage when not in use.
It sure does roll nice though.
 

fsae0607

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
2,290
Location
San Fernando Valley, CA
I have a Bone Creeper and love it. I've actually taken a nap on mine; it's that comfy. Since I've expanded operations in my garage, my main workspace is in my asphalt driveway. It rolls nice over the cracks.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom