To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Lowes deals/sales/clearance

northfire

Active member
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
26
Anyone else been having problems with Lowes’ website on an iPhone lately or just me. Only half the main page loads and I can’t click anywhere else on the site.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

wolfinator

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
87
lately or just me. Only half the main page loads and I can’t click anywhere else on the site.
Lowe's mobile website always *****, but lately they've been monkeying with it as they add their new membership program and their AI assistant. Bugs galore!
 

yevangelis

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
442
Location
bvrdm
very nice, got one months ago for about 12$
coo Japan
Found this Irwin double edge pull saw on clearance in a local Lowe’s. Checked all the stores in my area and still listed as full price in stock.
$6.72 down from $26.98.

As always your price will vary with Lowe’s.
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
If you can utilize the serrated jaw, they are a nice option to have. Otherwise, they are noticeably heavier than the similar Knipex. Great innovation on an already good tool though.

It looks like I got my wish (sort of):

1745348837693.png

This might not apply to all stores, but $10 off was enough of a lure (for a cheap **** like myself) to bite.

Also, what is happening with FLEX tools? They had a bunch of stuff from FLEX on clearance. One of the guys there said Lowes lost they're FLEX rep and he isn't sure if they getting anymore tools from them(?). Can anyone else confirm? This is probably all hardware store ********, but most of the FLEX stuff was on marked down huge.
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
Also, what is happening with FLEX tools? They had a bunch of stuff from FLEX on clearance. One of the guys there said Lowes lost they're FLEX rep and he isn't sure if they getting anymore tools from them(?). Can anyone else confirm? This is probably all hardware store ********, but most of the FLEX stuff was on marked down huge.

Following up on this. There appears to be a fire sale on FLEX stuff at the four Lowes near me, so I'm assuming this isn't just my area.

I found this deal online this morning ($200 off):

1745417551465.png

When I was in the store yesterday, I saw this too:

1745417790336.png

1745417824177.png

Several impacts on clearance:

1745417895927.png

As I said yesterday, not sure what's happening with FLEX. When asked why most of the FLEX stuff was on clearance, one of the Employee's literally replied (word for word) "nobody is buying this ****, so it's all on sale..." and then told me about how the FLEX Rep was gone and he wasn't sure if they were getting anymore tools from them going forward.

Lowes is always a dumpster fire shitshow, but it really does make me wonder what's happening with them...:unsure:
 

Chuckster in NJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2,451
Location
Hunterdon County NJ
Following up on this. There appears to be a fire sale on FLEX stuff at the four Lowes near me, so I'm assuming this isn't just my area.

I found this deal online this morning ($200 off):

1745417551465.png

When I was in the store yesterday, I saw this too:

1745417790336.png

1745417824177.png

Several impacts on clearance:

1745417895927.png

As I said yesterday, not sure what's happening with FLEX. When asked why most of the FLEX stuff was on clearance, one of the Employee's literally replied (word for word) "nobody is buying this ****, so it's all on sale..." and then told me about how the FLEX Rep was gone and he wasn't sure if they were getting anymore tools from them going forward.

Lowes is always a dumpster fire shitshow, but it really does make me wonder what's happening with them...:unsure:
The Flex rep most likely said: "Fu@k this disorganized place and left for good"……… No thanks on the Flex even if the deal is good.
I say stick with the "red or yellow" platforms for the years to come.

LOWES BLOWS no matter where I go.…….. However, they do have decent bathrooms.
 

Ohio Andy

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Messages
2,510
Location
Columbus, Ohio
The Flex rep most likely said: "Fu@k this disorganized place and left for good"……… No thanks on the Flex even if the deal is good.
I say stick with the "red or yellow" platforms for the years to come.

LOWES BLOWS no matter where I go.…….. However, they do have decent bathrooms.
I did buy some Craftsman stuff at Lowe's, but by Ace hardware is actually closer and they also have Craftsman but a much smaller selection.
 

Skellyii

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Nov 13, 2021
Messages
1,876
Location
KC Area
Prices on the Flex stuff seem to be dropping at Amazon and Acme tools as well.

Honestly, I'd never heard of them till I saw the post.

Maybe that's part of the problem??
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
Maybe that's part of the problem??

Honestly, I heard about them a few years back but didn't really look much into it.

I did find this recent article that somewhat explains it:


I trust the source...but I gotta tell you, I have my doubts FLEX is sticking around long term. I might pickup one of the tower lights since these are dual power and have great reviews...but not sure about anything else. I'm in the Makita LXT / XGT line and I'm happy with the power/performance.
 

MyBandit

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2021
Messages
15
Location
FL
Lowes is always a dumpster fire shitshow, but it really does make me wonder what's happening with them...:unsure:
I've always liked Home Depot over Lowes but recently it's gotten much worse. Went to Lowes a week back and they had a Dremel Multitool for $50 online (down from $150), I needed a second battery anyways so made sense to grab it but it said unavailable in-store (but available across town for pickup). Low and behold, there was 1 on the shelf. Item number and everything matched the website so I grabbed it and went to check out.
Rang up full price so I showed them THEIR website. They told me they don't price match the website but they would gladly allow me to order online for store pickup and they would hold the item and I could come back in 2hrs once it made it's way through their system. I informed them it's unavailable for this store pickup as it's out of stock... but they were holding onto it. So the manager had me order it as pickup in the across town store and would transfer the order to our location. Still had to come back 2hrs later. They couldnt transfer as the system was down. Told me to come back the next day.
Came back the next day, still unavailable to transfer. After a 3rd visit back (luckily I was 1mi away), they still couldn't get it to work and just price adjusted to the website (which was back to full price, luckily the manager remembered), which they said they couldn't do 3 visits prior. The manager seemed frustrated, not with me but the stupid corporate policy on the price match
 

Pexto

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
657
The size adjustment is good on those. I find the Knipex almost unusable.

Agree that the Klein has good size adjustment - the little extension on the adjuster makes a difference. The Knipex adjustment is fiddly but if you rub a paraffin block on the rack and rails it gets somewhat better.

I have accumulated (ahem) a few pliers wrench variants - I can't seem to help myself when they go on sale dirt cheap.

The Knipex I picked up when they were cheap on amazon.de. The Craftsman (French-made Facom) came from the big Lowes V-series blowout recently. The Carlyle (made in Japan by Fujiya) was $22 in one of the NAPA sales. And the USA-made Klein was half-price at the Home Depot Klein blowout a while back.

They're all good tools. The Knipex has the worst adjuster of the four, but once you get it adjusted it is superb. It is the most svelte of the bunch, if you like your tools svelte. The Craftsman is new to me and hasn't seen much use, but it has very smooth action and adjustment. The Carlyle is also solid and smooth. The Klein feels a bit heavy and clunky in comparison to the others, but it has the easiest adjustment (especially with gloves on), and has the reversible jaw.

20250422_202010.jpg
 

Chuckster in NJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2,451
Location
Hunterdon County NJ
Honestly, I heard about them a few years back but didn't really look much into it.
I have had two Flex orbital polishers for over 12 years I use for detailing and these have served me well….. Well built and very powerful. I have found that once a well known manufacturer starts to cater to the "Ballers on a Budget" who want a name brand at a lower than low price then the quality gets poor (EG: John Deere, Mercedes Benz, Craftsman, Toro, Klien tools to name a few) but the consumer who wants to "flaunt a name brand" is happy.

BTW! Lowes still ***** monkey ***! :monkey_po
 

mrvm

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
3,904
Location
PA
I might pickup one of the tower lights since these are dual power and have great reviews...
Being DUAL power makes any tower light super useful. The Flex version is powerful, adjustable and durable. The LED light is detachable from the base but you’ll need a battery. If the discounts continue you may end up getting a Flex battery/charger/power tool to make the deal even better.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
Being DUAL power makes any tower light super useful. The Flex version is powerful, adjustable and durable. The LED light is detachable from the base but you’ll need a battery. If the discounts continue you may end up getting a Flex battery/charger/power tool to make the deal even better.

Why…you enabling son of a *****. 🤣

This is good advice. Thanks.
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
Thats a powerful combo of stacked 6.0 Li, turbo power drill, 2500 in-lb impact. Both are on the heavy side but they got some serious power. Be sure to register for the warranty. LOL

I will, you son of a *****.

They had one of the 1/2” impact wrenches on clearance for $150 when I was there today.

Thoughts on that?
 

mrvm

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
3,904
Location
PA
They had one of the 1/2” impact wrenches on clearance for $150 when I was there today.
Well If you don’t own an impact wrench this ones definitely competitive and you’re in their Flex ecosystem. IIRC it tested well on TTC but the more compact mid-torque is my go-to tool.
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616
Well If you don’t own an impact wrench this ones definitely competitive and you’re in their Flex ecosystem. IIRC it tested well on TTC but the more compact mid-torque is my go-to tool.

Eh, I'm thinking about this one at the moment:

1745851039878.png

Good specs on the website: https://www.flexpowertools.com/high-torque-impact-wrench-stacked-lithium-fx1471/

I did notice this photo from the FLEX website:

1745851126709.png

1150 ft-lbs using vice pliers and a standard CV deep socket putting a blind in a 8" pipe union?

200.gif

Maybe FLEX uses the same marketing people as these guys?

1745853843001.png
 

amh

Active member
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Messages
39
Many years ago, when there was an electronics industry around rt128 in Boston, techs used to joke about some impractical folks, saying that they would not know which side of the iron to hold. When I saw that picture I almost died laughing, I thought it was only a myth but now I know better.
 

Chuckster in NJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2,451
Location
Hunterdon County NJ
Many years ago, when there was an electronics industry around rt128 in Boston, techs used to joke about some impractical folks, saying that they would not know which side of the iron to hold. When I saw that picture I almost died laughing, I thought it was only a myth but now I know better.
Sorta reminds me when I was in high school (vo tech) and I would turn the breaker on and off while some guys would be soldering with one of those irons.
 

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
Found these in North Smithfield, RI tonight, 50% off. These mulching blades are for older Husqvarna / Craftsman tractors, they didn't have many different ones on Clearance.

20250429_183016.jpg20250429_183013.jpg

Mike
 

autobon7

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2010
Messages
739
Not tools but shop related. Fo those of us still having fluorescent lights everywhere, caught 4 foot t-12's, 30 pack for $27.**! Yes, I bought them. They are still marked $109.00 in store, bought online and picked up. Just sayin....
Nice find.....Im in Medora
 

Steel_Rain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
1,616

Bought (what I think was the last set of these) last night at my local Lowes, but these appear to still be available at my other locations:

1746020226141.png

Some of my local stores list these for $12, $24 and $29, so your pricing may vary.

For me, $13 was to good of a deal to pass up on USA made Klein's.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom