To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Lowes deals/sales/clearance

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
Today, the Warwick, RI store (Quaker Lane) has a table in the front aisle with (presumably) all of the individual Kobalt sockets and wrenches on Clearance.

No 10-mm, of course. I picked through and came away with these two:

20250726_121210.jpg20250726_120920.jpg

The ratcheting wrench is Taiwan, the flare wrench is China.

Mike
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
Same store, Clearance area...

Forgot to take a pic, but there's a rack full of various Kobalt tool sets.

Also these Shop Vacs (~14% off):

20250726_120414.jpg

Out front, they're getting ready for Halloween...

20250726_120739.jpg

Mike
 

Brandon_oma#692

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
281
Location
North West corner of Illinois
I just got an email from eBay today that said:

"

1099-K Issue is Resolved!​

We are happy to report that, thanks to your efforts, Congress has restored the original 1099-K reporting threshold of $20,000 and 200 transactions. This change will prevent millions of Americans who are selling used, personal items from receiving unnecessary and confusing tax forms.

This change wouldn’t have been possible without the voice of the eBay Main Street community. Thank you for speaking up and making your voice heard!

Sincerely,

The eBay Government Relations Team"


On the Ebay front here is one of my recent sales. Selling price is 40 plus whatever the calculated shipping is. Bubble mailer plus labels, paper, and ink is around 45 cents. USPS ground advantage in a bubble mailer automatically calculated rates based on buyers location. I pay a little less for the label but I also pay fees on the total sale price including tax and shipping. I sell direct on my website for less to have the same profit in the end.



1753716957504.png
 

JerseyBoatBuilder

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
1,633
Location
Florida
My Lowes has a bunch of Kobalt 7 piece sae/mm ratcheting wrench sets on clearance, I think they were $17, Also a bunch of 7 piece torx, hex socket bits sets, Shallow sockets sets on a blue rail. A bunch of 1/4 drive sets in a blue plastic case, socket organizers, ect.
It looks like whatever wouldn't fit on the pallet with the single sockets and wrenches were tossed in the clearance section.
 

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
Milford, MA store tonight.

Nothing earth-shattering that I needed, but there were a few leaf blower attachments for string trimmers (Troy Bilt, I believe, and I think that's the most universal system), something like $28, original was over $100.

Up front, they had these...

20250818_175013.jpg

"Hot Pink" (on the left, not the "normal" pink on the right) were a few bucks off. Definitely not a screaming deal of any kind...

They also had a smattering of the individual Kobalt sockets and wrenches on Clearance, in the front of the store. Mostly SAE.

Mike
 

moemc

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
384

gamp945

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2014
Messages
1,552
One day only deals:

Some pretty good pricing on Kobalt 24V lights. I have the spotlight and it is great:

DeWalt branded "GRABO" vacuum lifter tool - I think this is the lowest price these have sold for
$149

A buttload of bit sets with huge discounts. These are probably better than Black Friday pricing:
 

wire

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,433
One day only deals:

DeWalt branded "GRABO" vacuum lifter tool - I think this is the lowest price these have sold for
$149

Grabbed the "GRABO". Retailmenot has 15% cash back, or did for me. Thanks for posting.

FYI - Lowes is offering shipping so now is the time if you want it. After a while this price will only be available from stores that have inventory or if you pay the obscene $79 delivery fee.
 

Etchase

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Messages
2,146
Location
Hawaii

Butters

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
268
I’m seeing full price of $179. Is this deal only at a particular location? If I could find one for that price I would buy it, one of those infrequent use tools….but when you need it it’s often the only option.
I'm re-doing one of my bathrooms right now. I had briefly been frustrated trying to drive screws between the studs. It took a minute or two before I remembered I have that exact Dewalt right angle drill. I've only used it a few times, but as you point out - when you need it, you're glad you have it.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

yevangelis

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
442
Location
bvrdm
Phoenix AZ

Sorry about the quality. Only my front camera works.

1A7085C2-426F-4D2F-828E-10426D5D3548.jpeg
74bafd37-90b3-4fb7-af18-31a4347c48a4-jpeg.2392851
 

Attachments

  • 74BAFD37-90B3-4FB7-AF18-31A4347C48A4.jpeg
    74BAFD37-90B3-4FB7-AF18-31A4347C48A4.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 48

yevangelis

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
442
Location
bvrdm
6D841EB9-3023-4B6B-8037-DCB52172E6E3.jpegand here's my receipt showing the 40pc set, a 15pc made in USA drill bit set (usually 55$), and a chinese chainsaw sharpening kit (usually 15$?)

Also seeing all kinds of storage bins on clearance, craftsman, kobalt, project source and all made in USA

Also seeing ladders on clearance, too many to list but not insanely discounted
 
Last edited:

Aileron

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
504
Location
outside
No a deal but a deal breaker, but I went to lowes last night looking for a M10x1.5 nut. Opened up their specialty hardware drawers and mostly all empty. They looked to be ransacked. Not one nut to be found. I walked back up to the desk and asked for a manager and explained I made the trip here and all you drawers are mostly empty. She said those are filled by vendors. I prompty told her they need to fire the vendor and look for someone else and I'm going back home and order them off the internet which i should have done to begin with but I needed it now. Wound up picking pne up from O'rielly auto parts. Its a shame these places put the small mom and pop stores who had those small items and kept their stock up out of business.
 

MOS3522

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2022
Messages
1,856
Location
Colorado
No a deal but a deal breaker, but I went to lowes last night looking for a M10x1.5 nut. Opened up their specialty hardware drawers and mostly all empty. They looked to be ransacked. Not one nut to be found. I walked back up to the desk and asked for a manager and explained I made the trip here and all you drawers are mostly empty. She said those are filled by vendors. I prompty told her they need to fire the vendor and look for someone else and I'm going back home and order them off the internet which i should have done to begin with but I needed it now. Wound up picking pne up from O'rielly auto parts. Its a shame these places put the small mom and pop stores who had those small items and kept their stock up out of business.


Have you ever seen the customers in that hardware aisle at a big box? They ravage the place, it looks like the pillage of Rome. When the poor minimum wage store employee with no training finds bolts strewn everywhere it is impossible to sort them and restock.

Next time try your locally owned Ace Hardware. Mine features a well stocked and well curated wall of hardware that 95% of the time has what I need ready.
 

Chuckster in NJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2,451
Location
Hunterdon County NJ
Have you ever seen the customers in that hardware aisle at a big box? They ravage the place, it looks like the pillage of Rome. When the poor minimum wage store employee with no training finds bolts strewn everywhere it is impossible to sort them and restock.

Next time try your locally owned Ace Hardware. Mine features a well stocked and well curated wall of hardware that 95% of the time has what I need ready.
The hardware isles at Home Cheapo is the same way as Blowes……. Blowes has the edge over Home Cheapo because of the "specialty" selection of items. When I need nuts and bolts I go to Ace or Napa because of their selection, quality and organization.

BTW! I like Ace because they care about helping the customer.
 

Ohio Andy

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Messages
2,510
Location
Columbus, Ohio
The hardware isles at Home Cheapo is the same way as Blowes……. Blowes has the edge over Home Cheapo because of the "specialty" selection of items. When I need nuts and bolts I go to Ace or Napa because of their selection, quality and organization.

BTW! I like Ace because they care about helping the customer.
My local Ace hardware is really well stocked on most everything like that. It's really weird to me that a small hardware store in general seems to have better selection of that sort of thing, but that's what I found to be true. So my first stop is never the big box stores for that sort of thing
 

jayemm

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
1,641
Location
up high down low
I keep a couple of hardware assortments for SAE and metric and supplement with lock washers, locknuts etc that aren't included. It doesn't totally eliminate trips. Ace Hardware is way across town and generally a PITA trafficwise. Agree about HD and Blowes so they're not even on my radar, but my local big box Menards has a nice selection and their inventory has been accurate as shown online. It's even better since they added aisle and bin locations which weren't available for the first few years. Hardware is such a rip unless acquired in bulk.
 

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
In my area, Lowe's was WAY better than HD at maintaining thir hardware inventories until a few years ago. I probably gave up on HD about 10 years ago because of this. Now they're BOTH awful.

TSC is pretty good, especially for their bulk prices.

But, Ace and the remaining handful of Mom & Pops definitely offer the best selection (other than online, of course).

Mike
 

Aileron

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
504
Location
outside
The thing is , the drawers were mostly empty. Out of damn near everything. It wasnt that things were out of place, they haven't been restocking them. Its one thing to be looking for something out of the ordinary and not find it but to have drawers there empty is BS.
I thought of ACE also but its all the way was across town and ran out of time with the trip to lowes. Thats what really set me off.
 

Aileron

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
504
Location
outside
We should update this thread title to Lowes deals/sales/clearance/bitching
Sounds good to me. Half the **** posted in this thread is pictures of what people found. If you have to drive across town to 5 differant lowes to find it, is it really a deal? Just like that craftsman V-series sale they had before Christmas.
 
Last edited:

mikeinri

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
8,465
Location
MA
Right...

Unfortunately, Lowe's isn't very consistent with their pricing from store-to-store (even locally), and by its nature, clearance items are limited stock, typically until they're gone. So, people post pics of what they see in-store, and from there it's a game to try to find them in your area. Sort of like the penny deals, top-stock chases, etc. at HD.

Their "sales" obviously haven't been impressing anyone either, because you're right, not many posts about that.

Mike
 

JerseyBoatBuilder

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
1,633
Location
Florida
The Lowes here still has all of the sockets, wrenches and ratcheting wrenches available, All of the Spyder junk is on clearance, Bosch 18v impacts at 360 ft lbs on 1/2 driver with 1/4 bit drivers are $99 bucks with battery and charger.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom