To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Mint 6" Craftsman Block Grinder on Phoenix craig's...

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

robpow13

Active member
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
27
O I like. What year range do you think that is? Is that priced about right?
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
maybe 70's or early 80's? looks like new and has all the parts and some nice extras. would be better at $75 to $100, but you don't see them that clean very often and these old 1/3 HP are usually enough power for most homeowner type work.
 

Packard V8

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
7,386
Location
Spokane, WA
On the one hand, in usual used condition, that's a $50 grinder to me. I've bought three of those for about that or less.

On the other hand, it's mint, with a wheel dresser and a drill bit sharpener. He might get $125 for it, just not from me.

jack vines
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

zkling

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
16,939
Depends what "like new" really looks like in person and how it runs. I have a feeling it is more like a good condition, used grinder. Sure a new grinder may be the same $, but that new grinder also has a warranty on it. This one you are taking a chance.

I think it is late 60's early 70's.
 
OP
1

1982fxr

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
10,085
Location
Phoenix
having been down both roads i can say I would always 100% of the time be willing to pay more for a used USA grinder than a new chinese or taiwan. jmho. I do wire wheeling so I need the power...

edit: but I don't think i would go $125 for a 6", except a Baldor
 

jakemac

Well-known member
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
9,035
Location
New England
Everyone is oooooohhhing and aaaaaaaahhhing, but once the posting is gone - no more pretty picture. Sooooo, here it is.

Sears Craftsman Bench Grinder
6", 1/3 HP, 3.5 AMP, 3450 RPM. Comes with wheel dressing tool and drill sharpening tool. All like new. Asking $125.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 00707_dYFSAjimRzu_600x450.jpg
    00707_dYFSAjimRzu_600x450.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 70
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom