To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Money2536's "The Temporary Garage" Journal

nexus77241

New member
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
1
Re: Video Tour of My Garage Set-up



Your garage is great! An m3 is a great dd. Love the gt3 and the car seat in the front! I started reading your post on rennlist. Absolutely amazing. I'm also into crossfit. Nice yellow nanos.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

MSRTom

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
109
Location
Summerville/Charleston, SC
I'm here thanks to the Garage Tour vid, I've also watched/listened to a few of your other videos from the Obsessed site.

Thanks for sharing everything so far, and I can't wait to see more from you. I've been told that I might have OCD, although not professionally or medically. Maybe I will go that route in case I really do need some help. I can relate with some of the things you've shared about feeling anxious, compounding anxiety, etc.

Back to the garage: Love the setup, you've definitely given me some ideas. I also want the surgical suite/operating room appearance.
 

OscarTango

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
85
Location
Belgium
Back to the garage: Love the setup, you've definitely given me some ideas. I also want the surgical suite/operating room appearance.

+1... Haha, well said... Luckily no surgery in my garage, people would die from sepsis afterwards ;)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
 

15til3

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2015
Messages
79
Location
Troy NY
How do you find the flooring when your'e detailing? Im assuming you do all your drying outside and then roll the cars back in; I'd be afraid of getting an excessive amount of water/cleaner under the tiles
 

HemiRamOn22s

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
565
Location
Delaware
Nice garage its come a long way. I love those cabinets I just might have to give those a try after my shop is finished.
 

wu6fiend

Active member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
28
Very nice result, indeed.

I love the cabinets.

I have a question regarding the twin wash buckets (shown earlier in the thread) with wheels. Where did you get those?
 
OP
M

Money2536

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
201
Location
The Villages, FL
I'm here thanks to the Garage Tour vid, I've also watched/listened to a few of your other videos from the Obsessed site.

Thanks for sharing everything so far, and I can't wait to see more from you. I've been told that I might have OCD, although not professionally or medically. Maybe I will go that route in case I really do need some help. I can relate with some of the things you've shared about feeling anxious, compounding anxiety, etc.

Back to the garage: Love the setup, you've definitely given me some ideas. I also want the surgical suite/operating room appearance.

Thanks man! OCD has always seemed like a blessing to me. That was until anxiousness took over for a few months. I'm learning more each day how to harness it.
 
OP
M

Money2536

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
201
Location
The Villages, FL
How do you find the flooring when your'e detailing? Im assuming you do all your drying outside and then roll the cars back in; I'd be afraid of getting an excessive amount of water/cleaner under the tiles

I love the flooring. It's great that dirt falls underneath it and is hidden. The tiles are channeled so that water can run underneath them.
 
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
6
Location
Australia
Loving the microfiber stash! Great thread, you also seem to have more supplies than a hardware and auto store combined.
 
Last edited:
OP
M

Money2536

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
201
Location
The Villages, FL
I was messing around with my Fenix flashlight learning how to light paint. It is better to use a stick light, but I don't have one. It's amazing how easy it is. Set the camera to 20sec exposure and walk around with a flashlight. Look very fake/HDRish but pretty cool.

0U9A4999.jpg


0U9A5000.jpg


0U9A5002.jpg


0U9A5003.jpg


0U9A5004.jpg


0U9A5005.jpg


0U9A5006.jpg


0U9A5007.jpg


0U9A5009.jpg


0U9A5010.jpg


0U9A4996.jpg


And a few extras I shot with the lights on.

0U9A4957.jpg


0U9A4958.jpg


0U9A4959.jpg


0U9A4962.jpg


0U9A4969.jpg


0U9A4972.jpg


0U9A4975.jpg


0U9A4981.jpg


0U9A4985.jpg


0U9A4988.jpg
 

neilc

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
94
Location
Chicagoland
Fantastic thread. Love the lighting technique. Could you explain a bit more how you did that?

Thanks for the attention to detail and your willingness to share so much !

neil
 
OP
M

Money2536

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
201
Location
The Villages, FL
Fantastic thread. Love the lighting technique. Could you explain a bit more how you did that?

Thanks for the attention to detail and your willingness to share so much !

neil

It actually pretty easy. Your camera needs to be on a tripod, set to 25 seconds shutter speed at about 5.0 aperture. Then you simply "paint" the car with a flashlight until the camera clicks. That's it.
 

wasfast

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
874
Location
San Diego CA
Your title says "temporary garage". Is there still plans for a separate "permanent" garage? I can't imagine how deluxe it would be!
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

RedDirtRoad

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 7, 2010
Messages
49
Thanks to Matt and his thread.
I also bought Saber cabinets too.
You cant beat them for the money.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 412

gtr cook

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
174
Location
Kent, England
Some really nice pictures of the cars.

Have been following your videos on You Tube, when are the new wheels going on the M3? Am eager to see how they look.

Keep up the great work!
 

foxtrotlima556

Active member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
29
Location
Orlando, FL
Hey Matt! I found your GJ thread. Been following you on Youtube for a little while now. Really love how the garage turned out. I can't wait to see whats next. Im in love with the GT3 by the way. :D
 

west_perf

Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
553
Location
SEMO - MOARK Line
Hey man glad you're back on here. Sign me up for a hangout sometime, I'm trying to learn all I can about Porsches, the soon to be Mrs wants a 911
 

1991Syclone

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
278
Location
Englewood, FL
1) Your garage audio setup is 100x better than my home setup.
2) Where do you keep all the **** that ends up in a garage like bikes, yard tools, etc? Do you have a shed hidden out back?
 

foxtrotlima556

Active member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
29
Location
Orlando, FL
Matt - Any issues running the AVR out in the garage? I am planning out my audio and video setup and I am curious how these AVRs handle our Florida heat and humidity.

The setup on the M3 looks spectacular! Those new wheels are Money. :bounce:
 
Last edited:

Lopott

Member
Joined
May 9, 2015
Messages
8
Maybe I missed it but what function do the air king fans serve? I had one in the last home gym and had to use a router speed control to slow it down. Thanks
 

03fan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
108
Location
Wisconsin
Where you purchase the red shelves for gallon bulk containers? I found the Griot 16 and 32oz bottle holders but cannot seem to find the other shelves you have.
 

slik560

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
790
Location
Kansas, USA
Matt: I thought of you during a recent meeting in my current job - we are involved in a telecom small-cell deployment, and some of the locations require external, ground mounted cabinets. The manufacturer? SABER. :)

Hope all is well. We are getting Florida-style rain in the Midwest.
 
OP
M

Money2536

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
201
Location
The Villages, FL
Matt: I thought of you during a recent meeting in my current job - we are involved in a telecom small-cell deployment, and some of the locations require external, ground mounted cabinets. The manufacturer? SABER. :)

Hope all is well. We are getting Florida-style rain in the Midwest.

That's cool man! I'm about to start my new project. Have you joined my group? www.facebook.com/groups/obsessedgarage
 

ecleland

New member
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
3
I just requested to join your FB Group. I too am starting my new project and share similar OCD traits etc... as you ;-) Just moved into our new home on the 17th. My silver Saber Cabinets will arrive Thursday. Swisstrax is on order. I am so excited to get started and very eager to follow your next project.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom