To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Montezuma 72" roller cabinet/top chest review

OP
N

nissan_crawler

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
9,638
Location
Wichita, KS
By "wobble" I mean when the drawer is fully extended, and you move it side to side, how badly does it go in and out of the box on either side. You kind of answered it my question, but your method was fairly static. I'm wondering the dynamic action.

As far as the metal gauge, so it doesn't feel like it's just going to bend and flex? That's my main beef with the Craftsman and Harbor Freight boxes and carts, aside from the excessive drawer wobble.

Well, if you just solely move it side to side, it doesn't wobble at all.

If you push in on one side while doing it, you can get a little bit of wobble, but it would be hard to do it under normal conditions.

No, nothing on this thing feels like it will bend or flex.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

mattwgrizwald

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
308
Location
Red Wing,MN
hey nissan I,ve been checking out this thread and I am way interested in buying a box form montezuma . I noticed in the picture where the lock mechanism the paint looks flaky am I wrong?
 

scottmlew

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
1,028
If anyone is one the fence about one of these, I should have mine within a few weeks, at which time I'll be offering my candid feedback as best I can...it will be from a non-pro perspective, but hopefully it will be helpful nonetheless.

I am extremely excited about it, for reasons that will become apparent when it arrives and I'm at liberty to talk about it :)
 

44boggers

Active member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
28
Same here. I am waiting on my blue elite box. they are suppose to ship out on the 24th. i too will chime in on my thoughts about the box. I can barley sleep at night thinking about it.
 

CamarosRus

Well-known member
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
1,547
Location
Renton, WA (Seattle)
I'm wanting, trying to do a special drawer configuration on THIS box with Shannon.

I am obsessed with having more sq inches of storage in more shallow drawers. Shallow drawers on this box are 2.25" inches deep which is deeper than S.O. KRL similar drawers.

I dont want deep drawers for storing welding hood or skil saw.......

Opinions please!!!!

Thanks, Chuck
 

M-technik-3

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
1,794
Location
Western Mass
Does any one have a discount code for Strictly tool boxes? I am ordering a new 72" box and any discount helps these days.

Greg
 

CamarosRus

Well-known member
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
1,547
Location
Renton, WA (Seattle)
Prices are posted on web site including "free" shipping (built into price)

If anything was to go on sale.......it would be posted on home page of stb.com site.
 

Texxen

New member
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
1
I purchased a black Montezuma 72" Elite with top hutch the first week of Feb. I received my first shipment March 1. I have nothing
but good things to say about Shannon and his attitude towards dealing with the sale and everything else he has had to deal with.
Montezuma and Fedex, I can't say the same.
My next shipment is due next week.........
 

global72

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
365
Location
Gainesville Florida
Texxen,

Your replacement box and hutch shipped you should have it in just a few days. I am sorry for the trouble. With as well as these things are packaged I have no idea how the freight company managed to destroy yours. I am having the damaged box brought to my location so I can personally inspect it.
 

ManicMechanic

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2009
Messages
46
Location
Kentucky
Just ordered my 17 drawer elite yesterday. I feel like a kid a week before christmas.
Guys, if you ever have the need for a new toolbox, Shannon is the man to deal with!!!! He made everything easy (except for handing over almost 3k), but what a pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to opening it up andgiving my own review.
 

arizonaadam

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
355
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Just ordered my 17 drawer elite yesterday. I feel like a kid a week before christmas.
Guys, if you ever have the need for a new toolbox, Shannon is the man to deal with!!!! He made everything easy (except for handing over almost 3k), but what a pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to opening it up andgiving my own review.

Did you start a new thread? Your last post was a month ago.
 

Brandonbm

New member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
3
I ordered a 72"x30" deep roller cabinet based alot by this review and LOVE it! I can't wait to order the top to go with it.
 

Brandonbm

New member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
3
A couple pics
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 405
  • IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 334

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
finally got to order mine today!! woooohoooo,, cant wait to finally be able to open drawers without having to shuffle stuff around.. going from my 55 inch matco box to this monster:bowdown::)...
 

Attachments

  • tony tool box.jpg
    tony tool box.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 147
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Weeburn

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
5
Location
Dallas, TX
Nissan, thanks to you and this thread I've made my decision on my next box.

I tried to call StrictlyToolBoxes twice, but apparently one of the two of us had phone reception issues, so I sent an email, though not sure I sent it to the right place (picked sales@xxxwhateverxx) under "Contact Us", couldnt find a "product information" contact

I'm insanely anxious to hear back, 'cause my perfect box is the 55x24" combo, however the site currently only shows orange (which apparently a lot of you guys were excited about), however my dealership wants us to have black boxes when we move, plus I like black anyways. Although with the cost of these boxes I'd take orange if it was all there was, no problems.

Anyways if it wasn't for this review, I may not have found out Montezuma boxes are up to par, and as such prolly would have pulled the trigger on either a C-pro box (which don't get me wrong, they're alright, but I need sturdier for work) and wished I had something better, or a Matco/Snap-on and wished I had spent less.

So thanks Nissan_Crawler, and everyone else who's since bought boxes and verified their quality and posted up on here
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
well said.... I don't think shannons there on sunday... try tomorrow....
 

junkman302

New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
3
Location
NJ
Guys, I just got my elite combo4 and i cant believe how strong and beautiful this box looks, I am 5-10 and this thing towers, they are right when they say everybody will look and stare,two guys that work with me wanted the website so i gave it to them.But let me tell you something guys when my shipment arrived and i saw the crates for the first time i got nervous cause it started looking like the damaged pics shannon was talking about,but further inspection revealed a beautiful tool box under the crate damage,so guys there is still hope if you see damage on your crate so be hopeful. heres some picks of my toolbox.On behalf of me and my wife Dina, we thank you for your service and beautiful quality.PS:I have to get the other side box now!
 

Attachments

  • 2011-04-18_11-45-05_898.jpg
    2011-04-18_11-45-05_898.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 2011-04-18_12-05-49_219.jpg
    2011-04-18_12-05-49_219.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 2011-04-18_15-23-23_865.jpg
    2011-04-18_15-23-23_865.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 304
  • 2011-04-18_15-23-43_748.jpg
    2011-04-18_15-23-43_748.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
i love mine,, but having 3 keys for 3 boxes ***** every morning and night when i leave work... other than that,, really no many complaints for the money... when you buy the kit in 1 purchase,, we should get a matching key set, or at least an option on how to get one.....
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
mine was boxed differently than your.. mine had a composite like wood surround,, was very heavy stuff.... no metal bands... your blue looks good,,,
 

global72

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
365
Location
Gainesville Florida
i love mine,, but having 3 keys for 3 boxes ***** every morning and night when i leave work... other than that,, really no many complaints for the money... when you buy the kit in 1 purchase,, we should get a matching key set, or at least an option on how to get one.....

When the boxes ship we just grab them from the stack and ship them. Once our customers have the 72" sets set up they just need to email me the key code from the base cabinet and we send out matching locks for the top chest and side lockers.

If I remember correctly you order the set from us. Just email me @ [email protected] we will take care of it.
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
When the boxes ship we just grab them from the stack and ship them. Once our customers have the 72" sets set up they just need to email me the key code from the base cabinet and we send out matching locks for the top chest and side lockers.

If I remember correctly you order the set from us. Just email me @ [email protected] we will take care of it.


really!!!! you rock shannon..!! nice !! thank you!! will be sweet !!:)
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
see guys,, this is the top notch service you get from strictly toolboxes... so so happy,,,!!
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
heres some pics of mine when i first got it,, the box that looks like **** was my hutch... no damage to it though..
 

Attachments

  • 0812001659.jpg
    0812001659.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 0805002040.jpg
    0805002040.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 267
  • 0805001345.jpg
    0805001345.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 0805001344.jpg
    0805001344.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 0805001543.jpg
    0805001543.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 227

junkman302

New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
3
Location
NJ
It looks nice with the hutch as well! Good luck with it! Shannon if i would have known such a box with this price and "quality" and "service" was out there, i would have jumped on it a long time ago. Ill be watching your sight faithfully for the other side box that i want to go on sale and this time ill grab a hat as well.
 
Last edited:

Atlascycle

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
251
Location
Fremont, Ne
Nissan,
After hoving this box for some time, how do you think that this box would hold up in your working environment?

Jason
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
not to **** in,, Ive had mine for almost 1 year, and have no regrets,, except not buying it sooner.. love my box... it holds the tool that make my money just fine :)
 
OP
N

nissan_crawler

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
9,638
Location
Wichita, KS
Nissan,
After hoving this box for some time, how do you think that this box would hold up in your working environment?

Jason

I wouldn't have any doubts about it. In fact, a guy at work just got the same cabinet, so we'll see for sure. Our boxes roll all over the place.
 

tvmango

Active member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
36
Just did. We move 2 times a week. My box is extremely easy to move. You can spin it in a circle cause the outer wheels swivel and the 2 center wheels are fixed striaght . I push it to the hole I'm going into. Stand it from of it and a quick shove. In the center of the box I can push it straight back into the hole cause the center wheels just skid . Nobody's box is easier to move than mIne in my shop. Plus my casters are identical to snap ons. You can't go wrong. The only thing I would day needs works is the paint. It's bubbly in a few spots. But got the money. It's by far the nicest you can get.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom