To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

New garage concrete question

C2 Turbo

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2014
Messages
392
Location
Out skirts of Louisville, KY
Building a house and just had concrete done (5" with lift areas 6" @ 4500 psi) and it's all looking good

The question is, do I seal the concrete now or just wait until the house is all done (april/may '15) which is when I plan on epoxying it?

Thanks
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

NitroShark

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
518
Location
Greenville, SC
You will have to grind the floor if you do it now (after 28 days) or later. If you wait, keep anything that leaks/drips/spills oil off it.


Shawn
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

shaun oriold1

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2011
Messages
288
Location
Burlington,Ontatio
I'm on the school of thought to wait. Let the trades damage it, and grind it clean, and coat. IF you do something now, the trades wont care, and possibly damage it.
 
OP
C

C2 Turbo

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2014
Messages
392
Location
Out skirts of Louisville, KY
I agree ^ in waiting until the project is finished. Here are some of the picts. 2 separate garages connected in a V (powder room). The 2 bay garage would be the for the daily drivers and the 3 bay garage would be for, a weekend toy (closest one towards the V, 2 post lift in the middle bay and the last bay being a dedicated car wash)

I also have 26' x 42' space in our walk out basement with 9' ceilings which I plan on using it as a car/kids toys storage.

I thought about raising the ceiling but had to draw a line somewhere. The ceilings in the other garages are approx 13' high
 

Attachments

  • Garage 1.jpg
    Garage 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Garage 2.jpg
    Garage 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Garage 3.jpg
    Garage 3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Garage 5.jpg
    Garage 5.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0979.jpg
    DSC_0979.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

thegarageguy

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
1,489
Location
NJ
I would let it cure and settle if this was my garage, also give it a good freeze thaw cycle before applying any seamless flooring system..my 2 cents :)
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom