To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

New Snapon "EPIQ" series tool storage!!

TheGrooveking

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
3,233
Location
An alternate reality in a parallel universe.
I finally received my top box. It finally got here last week after multiple delays. I will say that the top is built exactly the same as the bottom and makes the total unit huge. This is the best tool storage unit you can buy. I have had three other new boxes over the years and this will be the last for me.


So am I reading this right, it took 5 months for your Epiq top box? If so what did the dealer/Snap On do for you because ofthe delays?

TheGrooveking
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

jimexcursion

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
213
Location
Maine
So am I reading this right, it took 5 months for your Epiq top box? If so what did the dealer/Snap On do for you because ofthe delays?

TheGrooveking

It took 2 months to get my bottom box. Dealer didn't cut me a deal even though I sold a different Epiq box for him.
 

mrholeshot

MEMBER EMERITUS
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
8,043
You seem to be in the minority of stock analysts. The median prediction for SNA is about a 13.5% increase over the next 12 months. I think I will continue buying SNA stock. It has been a good investment for me and it continues to pay a regular dividend.
Yeah, ENRON looked good to the analysts good too. lol (just chain yanking)
 

yukei27

New member
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
1
Hi everyone.I m new and it's 1st post.I got my 76" EQIP yesterday.I bought it to replace my KRL 761.needs to wait 3 weeks.Amazing box,love it . If anyone know Snap on has drawer guards for this box ?Not found them online or catalog.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 378

noonehas

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
13
Not sure how long your dealer has been in business but snap on made boxes in white years ago but only shorlty, I remember this cause a tech had a huge double boxes with locker.
 

Toolhorder

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
5,711
Location
Montana
I love my lock n roll drawers. All non techs can't open the drawers and when they break they are easy to replace. Also if you don't like them they are easy to remove completely.
 

Kevin9019

New member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
3
The factory actually had the delays. The dealer was great about everything. I had originally ordered the box with a stainless lid but the lid seemed to be the cause of the delays. I had the dealer change the order to a drawer section top box that matches the roll cab perfectly and has two more drawers than I originally ordered. It was worth the wait.
 

rsanter

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
18,559
Location
visalia ca
my dealer has one on the truck...it is beautifull
I so want one but cannot justify the cost...got too many other things I want first

I can get one for $7000 plus tax
still too rich for my blood

bob
 

rock1t

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
14
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the grave, but just wanted to see if this is a good deal on the Epiq 84 toolbox:

http://store.snapon.com/KERN843B5-E...9-Drawers-84-Wide-Deep-Cranberry-P650491.aspx

I have ordered the above box for $7200 (+tax) with a trade in of my 20 year old KRL661 (in excellent condition) plus they are giving me $750 in tools.
Is this a good price.

Hope it is not inappropriate to post on this thread.

Thx in advance
 
Last edited:

MattPersman

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,656
Location
Indiana
Sounds fair to me I am sure some have gotten better some have gotten worse you are gonna love it. I have a 68 but considering an 84
 

warmpancakes

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
8,097
Location
4th letter of the alphabet
I bought the same box in white 3 months ago for 5341.00 and got a mini fridge

the deal was
8k for box
-2k trade in for matco double bank
-1k rainmaker rebate
5k
+300 sales tax
+41 loan reporting fee (had to get financed through SO credit to get 1k rebate)
 
Last edited:

rock1t

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
14
I bought the same box in white 3 months ago for 5341.00 and got a mini fridge

the deal was
8k for box
-2k trade in for matco double bank
-1k rainmaker rebate
5k
+300 sales tax
+41 loan reporting fee (had to get financed through SO credit to get 1k rebate)

Wow thats an amazing deal. What was the retail price of your box?
 

warmpancakes

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
8,097
Location
4th letter of the alphabet
its was one of the "double" rebate promotions from snap on, its been called 4th gear, overdrive, rainmaker,
they just double the rebates when financed through them, if your driver is cool he will tell you when they are coming so you can take advange of them, My driver says they will be back in april so im holding off on the riser till then because its an extra 300 in rebates



page 14 of this PDF has the chart

http://wendellpeters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/October-Hot-Tools.pdf
 
Last edited:

warmpancakes

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
8,097
Location
4th letter of the alphabet
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the grave, but just wanted to see if this is a good deal on the Epiq 84 toolbox:

http://store.snapon.com/KERN843B5-E...9-Drawers-84-Wide-Deep-Cranberry-P650491.aspx

I have ordered the above box for $7200 (+tax) with a trade in of my 20 year old KRL661 (in excellent condition) plus they are giving me $750 in tools.
Is this a

Hope it is not inappropriate to post on this thread.

Thx in advance

are you financing through snap on? There should be rebates right now, the 10% tool cert is from snap on, tell the driver to apply it towards the box, He will say he cant do that he can
 

StackedDodge96

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
353
Location
Round Rock, Texas
Im about to buy a 68" epiq for $5880
-$4300 cornwell trade in
-$1200 rebate
-$4xx taxes

Not to bad, refuse to stay with snap on's financing at 18% intrest. So im going through my bank.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

rock1t

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
14
Stacked Dodge - Firstly, Congrats :)
Which configuration are u buying? Is $5880 the total after taxes, and after your rebate and trade in allowance? Thx!
 

cotjocky

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
392
Im about to buy a 68" epiq for $5880
-$4300 cornwell trade in
-$1200 rebate
-$4xx taxes

Not to bad, refuse to stay with snap on's financing at 18% intrest. So im going through my bank.

Your credit not so hot? Snap-on guy trying to screw you?

They gave me 9% on my box just a few days ago.
 

bobcatdan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
9,948
Location
Kaukauna,WI
SO interest is very weird. I had 9% interest from them for a long time. I bought some stuff and added to my account. A few weeks later I notice the paper work and I was at the sky high rate. My credit rating is north of 750. I paid that account of pronto. I think the 9% is a floating promo rate. If you time right when you buy, you can get it. I seem to remember my dealer making like the 9% was a special thing to get. 9% isn't really something to get excited about, but hell it is better then most credit cards and a bank isnt going to do a lot better unless you have the means to get a secure loan on it.
 

StackedDodge96

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
353
Location
Round Rock, Texas
Your credit not so hot? Snap-on guy trying to screw you?

They gave me 9% on my box just a few days ago.
Defalut is 18% they could give me 9%

My credit is VERY good for my age, 756 at 23. Im going through snap on to get the rebate then im getting a loan from the bank to pay them off with no intrest. The bank offered the loan at 6.25% two months ago, im trying to work em down though. :thumbup:

Stacked Dodge - Firstly, Congrats :)
Which configuration are u buying? Is $5880 the total after taxes, and after your rebate and trade in allowance? Thx!
Thank you!
Im buying the normal configuration I guess, I havent seen the box in about a month since he took it off the truck. $5880 is after EVERYthing done. Only thing that will be added is the finance charge of $40 (I think?). Plus $500 to spend on the truck! :beer:
 

SS5150

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
1,097
Location
NE IL
My driver said at the time (3 years ago) that he was only allowed to write 2 contracts/month at the 9%, assuming that you would even qualify.

I bought an 84" epiq, but mine has the powertop without the laptop section in it. I received the double rebate at the time and qualified for the 9%. Also 90 days same as cash. I want to say it ended up about $5000 + my Macsimizer trade. Its been awhile so I don't recall the details anymore.

I saw the pics of the white with black trim and those are nice. I don't remember any trim color options when I bought mine. I did standard black/chrome. Shined it up today after work. Still looks sharp.
 

StackedDodge96

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
353
Location
Round Rock, Texas
My driver said at the time (3 years ago) that he was only allowed to write 2 contracts/month at the 9%, assuming that you would even qualify.

I bought an 84" epiq, but mine has the powertop without the laptop section in it. I received the double rebate at the time and qualified for the 9%. Also 90 days same as cash. I want to say it ended up about $5000 + my Macsimizer trade. Its been awhile so I don't recall the details anymore.

I saw the pics of the white with black trim and those are nice. I don't remember any trim color options when I bought mine. I did standard black/chrome. Shined it up today after work. Still looks sharp.

I meant to ask about the 90 days same as cash, im hoping it is. I wanted to pay alot more down with my tax return then I will be able to. So it looks like Ill slow down my tool buying a lot for a while till I can pay it off. I have all the tools I use all the time, just borrow certain things from time to time so mostly specialty stuff im buying now!
 

SS5150

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
1,097
Location
NE IL
I did the same thing, all the above I mentioned and I used my tax return to pay mine off right away. I had to use the SO credit to get the $1000 rebate. I think all the contracts have the 90 days same as cash.
 

pseshooter300

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
78
Reason I was asking looks like a box I looked at and just wanted to see a better pic of this box
 

B_Lafayet

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
62
I was talking to a friend who just bought an Epiq 68" roll cab from his driver for 50% off plus tax without a trade. He said the driver had it left over from the show and wanted to get rid of it. Is this the going discount for an Epic if one orders from the dealer via the show specials.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom