To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Stainless Steel Sink Scratch Removal

jack bacon

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
99
Location
Loretto, MN
Somehow I scratched the bottom of my new stainless steel laundry sink. Don't know if it was from the dog's toenalils while getting a bath or some grout that was wiped up that fell in while grouting the tile backsplash.

Any ideas? polishing compound?

Thanks,

Jack
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Ross/Kzoo

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
2,191
Location
Richland Mi.
I hope that other offer their advise for this also but our kitchen sink got major scratches on the "divider" I used 400 or 600 Wet-or-Dry sandpaper with the grain direction. I thought that it looked pretty good.
 

Highlux

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
298
Location
Ofallon, MO.
Watch the wheeler dealer episode were they refinish the delorean....you will know wht to do after that.
 

Charles (in GA)

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
12,489
Location
50 mi south of Atlanta
Waste of time. Sounds like you are OCD (no offense, really) but I'd let it "scratch up" and in a year, if you have scratched it more, polish it up best it can and go on with life. Do a once a year serious cleaning and polishing. Otherwise you waste your time polishing it every time it gets a scratch or scuff.

Charles
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Krodad

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
304
Location
Iowa
Leave it until the first scratch is unnoticeable among all the others.

I liked this one the best!

It's gonna happen a lot… but, my kitchen sink always looks perfect after a scrungy pad and comet cleanser.

I don't worry about the utility sink, like kingcreek said, scratches are great camo for scratches.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom