Omphaloskeptic
Well-known member
ODIS,
Quite the odyssey for the 356!
I'm always curious about the time lines, resources, jobbers (and costs) involved with a complete restoration such as this. I think it must often be a real life lesson in patience and perseverance for the owners. Am I correct in assuming that since purchase in August, 2008, you've never actually had the chance to drive the car prior to tear down? If so, you must be REALLY looking forward to the day you will finally be able to drive this beauty!
Thanks for taking the time to post Porsche progress pics for us here at GJ and I'm sure you are truly excited about the near future maiden voyage of this fine automobile.
P.S. - Undoubtedly, you are assembling the B.S.&T. binder (Blood, Sweat, & Tear$ lol) showing the progression from the Bozeman barn find to the final unveiling at the Olympic Peninsula's 'Never Ending Retirement Garage'. When you finish the B.S.&T. binder, I hope you will find the time to make a PDF copy of it so we could download it. Seeing these binders at showings displayed by their rightly proud owners always makes me realize that anything worthwhile takes time and gives me a 'push' to keep plugging away at my own projects languishing away in my shop.
Quite the odyssey for the 356!
I'm always curious about the time lines, resources, jobbers (and costs) involved with a complete restoration such as this. I think it must often be a real life lesson in patience and perseverance for the owners. Am I correct in assuming that since purchase in August, 2008, you've never actually had the chance to drive the car prior to tear down? If so, you must be REALLY looking forward to the day you will finally be able to drive this beauty!
Thanks for taking the time to post Porsche progress pics for us here at GJ and I'm sure you are truly excited about the near future maiden voyage of this fine automobile.
P.S. - Undoubtedly, you are assembling the B.S.&T. binder (Blood, Sweat, & Tear$ lol) showing the progression from the Bozeman barn find to the final unveiling at the Olympic Peninsula's 'Never Ending Retirement Garage'. When you finish the B.S.&T. binder, I hope you will find the time to make a PDF copy of it so we could download it. Seeing these binders at showings displayed by their rightly proud owners always makes me realize that anything worthwhile takes time and gives me a 'push' to keep plugging away at my own projects languishing away in my shop.


