To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

This may sound weird but what do you do?

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

tncumminsguy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
332
Location
Nashville,TN
In school for business, working at a place that builds CNG compressors to fuel CNG vehicles, and thinking about starting a CNG conversion company here in middle TN. Also I am a gearhead and tool hoarder
 

928'er

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
756
Location
Wine Country, CA
Attorney, specializing in civil appeals (no criminal, no tax and no divorces under any circumstances - I don't give a **** who gets the dog).

Favorite quote: "What's a pellet lawyer?"

James
 

thinmac

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
68
Location
Oakland
I build giant flaming steel sculptures. My last couple big pieces, Brollyflock! and Zoa, were with the Flux Foundation.

The next one, Mens Amplio, doesn't have a website yet, but there's a blurb about it on the Department of Spontaneous Combustion Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/spontaneousfire That page also has a nice video of my personal project, the Hydra.

Here are some shots of the last two:
 

Attachments

  • 5874618698_3a7192e007_z.jpg
    5874618698_3a7192e007_z.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 22da3cee173a3ddf2e1b930b307f6920.JPG
    22da3cee173a3ddf2e1b930b307f6920.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 48

LordTom

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
85
Location
NE KS
I work for a small city on the grounds department. I take care of our local park and ball fields in the summer. When I'm not mowing you never know what I will be doing. Today I put together a city fountain, tomorrow I will be planting trees and next week I think I will have to start mowing.
 

Tucker99

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2013
Messages
184
Location
Elkton, Maryland
I work for a small city on the grounds department. I take care of our local park and ball fields in the summer. When I'm not mowing you never know what I will be doing. Today I put together a city fountain, tomorrow I will be planting trees and next week I think I will have to start mowing.

Sounds like a cool job, I want it.
 

vw_tdi

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
273
Location
N. CA
School Psychologist working with k-12 students with emotional/behavioral disabilities.
 

jerryd68

Well-known member
Joined
May 3, 2013
Messages
274
Location
Idaho
First time post, I am a Refrigeration and Boilers Tech in a food processing facility. Operate/ repair and upgrade Steam Plant and Ammonia Refrigeration equipment.
 

devoncoolman

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
2,096
Location
quakertown pa
full time auto/light truck/diesel/and medium duty truck mechanic. Pretty much work on anything with tires and an engine. specialize in mini repair at my shop. Do tons of side work at my home shop. Have a bad obsession with tools and equipment.
 

eddie1278

Banned
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
344
Electrician/handyman/mechanic

My life is my work I do it for a living and it's my hobby too. There is not a day that goes by I'm not fixing something.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

G-Ram

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
565
Location
NWO
I just started a new job, working in the Toyota bay at a gold mine. Summer position for now, hope it turns into full time!
 

ATC

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
8,581
Location
VA
Forklift operator, logistics.

Hobbiest welder/fabricator/off road enthusiast
 

Craftsman86

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
323
Location
Savage MN
Student for my MBA, and Service adviser for a fleet company. In my spare time I install tile flooring, wrench on toys, and collect tools.
 

Trucky

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
1,747
Unemployed. Just graduated/engaged (been kinda busy!), off to work (GE) in July. Until then, I get to fix up the house and organize my too-large-for-my-box collection of tools. I'll be a manufacturing engineer there for a few years until I'm ready for the real world :D
 

alxdgr8

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
668
Location
Seattle, WA
Acoustical engineer in the aviation field.
Guitar loudspeaker enclosure designs on the side. Also have some car parts I've designed for personal hobbies that I'll eventually get to marketing/selling.
 

F16CrewChief

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
104
Location
Kenova, WV
Currently F-16 crew chief in USAF. Do anything from preflight, tires, fuel to major structural, remove engines, flight control work, and landing gear. We definately are the "all purpose guy"! Basically anything except wiring and weapons system and avionic box swapping.
 

4x4gearhead

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
1,820
Location
New Hampshire
Im a service tech, I work for a company that makes various hydrostatic tracked vehicles, i.e. Snow groomers, tracked utility vehicles.
 

jmarkwolf

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
1,841
Location
Southeast Michigan
Electrical engineer. Design embedded computers for the automotive industry.

On the side, I maintain and fly my experimental 2-seat Rotorway 162F helicoper that I built 13 years ago, and ride my Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle.
 

thundermug

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
1,173
Location
usa
Industrial designer looking for work. Until then, I'm a stay-at-home dad, and I design lamps in my free time. I have an interview tomorrow! My first in a while.
 

TexMedium

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
169
Location
Kutztown,pa
Locomotive Engineer. They used to be blue, now they are black. Rumor has it they are soon going to be green and orange. It will all still be the same. Sigh.
 

jagwinn

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
487
Location
Virden, Illinois
Packaging Machine repairman, Master rating.
Currently Maintenance Partner, Starbucks Sandy Run Roasting Plant. [Gaston (Columbia area) South Carolina].
Work on everything from Probat [German] coffee roasters to Golgio [Italian] packaging machines.
I drink way to much coffee in my 12hr shift.
 

rick carpenter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
3,831
Location
Huntsville, East Texas
I run computers and computer-operated equipment in the pre-press area of a university print shop for my pay. I have a volunteer position in the Methodist Church's conference disaster relief/response organization.
 

66dave

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
197
Location
Boise!
Semiconductor engineer with Applied Materials, specializing in chemical and electro plating precision materials. We make the machines that makes every piece of electronics that you touch today, literally!

Imagine putting chrome on a bumper hat is less than 20nm (7e-7 of an inch) wide, that is what I have been doing for the past few years.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom