To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Below 265 SQ/FT Very small garage in Russia

All workspaces below 265 squarefeet.

domecreek

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
53
Your snow is disappearing - our snow here in Alberta is still hanging around with minus 16 C temperatures - longest winter we have had for many years but it is good for our oil industry as we can still move our drilling rigs without dealing with the spring break-up of "mud !"
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
My, you're getting an early start( or finishing up really late after a long night's work, haha). Your pictures are always very interesting. I apologize for misspelling your name in another thread(SBogaCH, I believe). Take care.

Thank you! In Russia they say "The early bird catches, god gives" (hopefully correctly translated)

Your snow is disappearing - our snow here in Alberta is still hanging around with minus 16 C temperatures - longest winter we have had for many years but it is good for our oil industry as we can still move our drilling rigs without dealing with the spring break-up of "mud !"

We early spring this year, but after March 27 again promise frost.

Not only have to repair the car in the garage. Yesterday a friend brought to renovate an old equalizer made ​​in the USSR. Beer, tester, soldering ... and it worked :)


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/690767/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/690766/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/690765/
 
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia

rixtrix1

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
3,024
Location
Chandler, AZ (from west NE)
Good idea for the polisher. What RPM does it spin at? Mine uses a motor from my Dad's scrollsaw, made in 1946, after he replaced it because the bearings were a little loose. They still are loose but works for polishing with only a slight load on it. , Had to put an arbor extension on it to mount a cloth wheel, but it only cost about $3 35 years ago. I still use it 3-4 times a year, just clamp it in the vice. I'll post a pic when I dig it out next time.
 
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
Good idea for the polisher. What RPM does it spin at? Mine uses a motor from my Dad's scrollsaw, made in 1946, after he replaced it because the bearings were a little loose. They still are loose but works for polishing with only a slight load on it. , Had to put an arbor extension on it to mount a cloth wheel, but it only cost about $3 35 years ago. I still use it 3-4 times a year, just clamp it in the vice. I'll post a pic when I dig it out next time.

2500-300 about speed, the nameplate on the motor no ...
Motor made ​​in 1946 is cool. :thumbup:
 
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia

xtremek

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
11,603
Location
St. Johns, Mi
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
I am looking for a Lada Niva in Brazil, this car is very strong and has low price :thumbup:

Thanks! In the Russian Lada Niva is not the cheapest and most reliable car.
Is often broken, but its advantage is that it is a very nice SUV, and there are many parts to it.

This looks a lot like parts of the Great lakes. The cultural education is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yesterday there was a bit of time. Made another tensioning assembly bandsaw. It was like that.


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693665/

Cut and welded semi-automatic welding bar tension. Distance increased to 3 -4 mm, It became like this.


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693666/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693660/

Did a little souvenir for friends :)


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693661/

Tea with friends in the garage under the pleasant music


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693663/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693664/
 

battymatty

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
59
Location
Port Talbot, Wales
i love that little stereo, where dod you get it\build it from? need something small like that for my new shed :) nice pics btw and some great work in your garage.
 

Craptain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
4,040
Location
Tampa Bay FL
Yesterday there was a bit of time. Made another tensioning assembly bandsaw. It was like that.



SNIP

Cut and welded semi-automatic welding bar tension. Distance increased to 3 -4 mm, It became like this.




http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693660/

That is the same as my bandsaws. :beer: It looks slightly different but it must be built in the same Chinese factory for different companies.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
Thanks for the updates. Always a pleasure to read them :)

Thanks!

i love that little stereo, where dod you get it\build it from? need something small like that for my new shed :) nice pics btw and some great work in your garage.

This little MP3 player with FM I bought in China online aliexpress.com. Its price is $ 8

That is the same as my bandsaws. :beer: It looks slightly different but it must be built in the same Chinese factory for different companies.

Chinese are doing a lot of similar tools under different brands.
 

Zedexseven

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 2, 2013
Messages
236
Thanks for the pics, it's nice to see how people set up garages on the other side of the world
 

geologist

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
5,326
We come from vastly different cultures, but it is great that we can share a common bond on the forum. I appreciate the lesson on Russian culture, but I must ask a question.

How is the beer? :beer:
 
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
Thanks for the pics, it's nice to see how people set up garages on the other side of the world

Thank you! I totally agree with you announce. Very interesting to see what people are doing in their garages.

We come from vastly different cultures, but it is great that we can share a common bond on the forum. I appreciate the lesson on Russian culture, but I must ask a question.

How is the beer? :beer:

Thank you! The beer is great! Especially like "living beer". Many beers, we must all try :) :beer:


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/694571/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/694572/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/694573/


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/693323/
 

rixtrix1

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
3,024
Location
Chandler, AZ (from west NE)
With all the beer talk on GJ, I'm surprised Homer Simpson doesn't have a thread here. Oh, he doesn't have a garage, LOL. I don't drink a lot of beer( prefer whisky) but there are time when a good hefeweisen or two really hits the spot,i.e. Shock Top draft for one.
 
OP
V

Vieux

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
2,558
Location
Russia
With all the beer talk on GJ, I'm surprised Homer Simpson doesn't have a thread here. Oh, he doesn't have a garage, LOL. I don't drink a lot of beer( prefer whisky) but there are time when a good hefeweisen or two really hits the spot,i.e. Shock Top draft for one.

It is a pity that Homer Simpson has no garage :lol:
Good whiskey we have is quite expensive. Therefore, vodka or cognac or sometimes drink.


http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vieux2008/view/694574/
 

battymatty

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
59
Location
Port Talbot, Wales
Thanks!



This little MP3 player with FM I bought in China online aliexpress.com. Its price is $ 8



Chinese are doing a lot of similar tools under different brands.

i was wondering if you could show me a picture of your wiring setup for yours. I cant read chinese :)
 

metalhead140

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
1,456
Location
NSW, Australia
With all the beer talk on GJ, I'm surprised Homer Simpson doesn't have a thread here. Oh, he doesn't have a garage, LOL.

Say what?

HomerLisaGarageS2.png


He must be here, probably just a lurker!

I'm loving the photo updates by the way Vieux.
 
Last edited:

Craptain

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
4,040
Location
Tampa Bay FL
There was a real spring. My house in the village now looks like ...






Vieux.
Your home reminds me of my childhood in England. We had the same flowers and trees at about the same time of year, or maybe a little earlier. Much of your garage and projects remind me of my youth.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom