I recently purchase a brand new Vulcan Coil Nailer off of ebay for $54.99 shipped. I needed the coil nailer to replace some studs in my shed due to termite damage. This is my first framing nailer. I own 7 nail guns from brands such as Hitachi, Husky (rebranded Freeman), Central Pneumatic (Harbor Freight Tools branded). Just to give you an idea of my limited experience with nail guns....I have only had the opportunity to use 3 of the 7 nail guns I own (stapler, brad, framing). Out of the 3 guns I've used so far (Husky, Central Pneumatic, and Vulcan) it has been the best performer and has so far worked flawlessly.
The Vulcan Coil Nailer comes with the blown molded case, glasses, oil, instructions, and hex tools. I was impressed with the quality, because I only paid $55. From what I can tell, the gun looks like it is definitely worth over $100 based on appears alone (fit and finish). It looks similar to some name brand that I won't name. So far I have driven about 60-70 nails with this gun mostly for toe nailing studs. No jams, no misfires and no complaints. I'm using a 6 gallon pancake compressor and I am running about 90 psi to drive the nails. I have used 2 1/2" nails (toe nailing) and 3" nails (jack studs) by Bostitch (only because it's easy to find at the local big box hardware store). I'm not sure if the weight of the nailer is typical for this type of nailer at about 8.2 lbs empty. I should be using the coiler nailer again this weekend to hopefully finish up framing my shed.
I'm very happy with my purchase. One of the best $55 purchases I have made in a long while.
