To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

What did you do "IN" your garage today?

T_Roze

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
481
Location
Edmonton Alberta
Wrapped up a Christmas present. 4 coats of outdoor varathane last night.

b1c747bcd253697b2e4e5b28f5b4f91a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • b1c747bcd253697b2e4e5b28f5b4f91a.jpg
    b1c747bcd253697b2e4e5b28f5b4f91a.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 0
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
1,080
Location
AZ
A few more build pics, 3/8" thick, leveled, aluminum play field. Fitted and waiting for vinyl wrap;

41_zpsgqazveyu.jpg


Legs bolted up;

42_zpscru0mm8n.jpg


45_zpsv6mzfued.jpg
 
Last edited:

kjdhawkhill

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2015
Messages
824
Location
Flyover state #4
Not garage related, but did some manly You-toober research to figure out where the F my wife lost her engagement ring after I found the wedding ring in the liner of the front load washer... Turns out, that's a pretty common place to lose one's ring and the search engine pointed me right where to look.
 

04chase

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 14, 2015
Messages
530
Location
SO CAL
Sundays time consumer


have about 50 bucks into both lockers, better than 450 from snap on . With 4 strips (2 on top ,2 on the top inner panel of the locker) all out of site when you5 open and work great. Though it took more strips to get the same lighting as the snap on unit . With a bit of time and work ill be adding more to the back of the lockers as well as my power drawer. The possibilities are endless

To the goods

5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
https://vimeo.com/195588335
https://vimeo.com/195588512
 

Attachments

  • d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
    d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
    69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
    5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
    6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0

polexican23

Banned
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
2,168
Location
burbs-Illinois
Took the dogs out there, since it isnt finished there is a lot of room to run around and not destroy anything. The weather has dipped to booger freezing levels, so instead of running in the yard they ran around in there.
 

FANTM58

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2015
Messages
575
Location
Brighton, Co
OK me and my son had to rebuild the motor in his 86 Toyota pick up.
because winter is on us and he drives home from school on the weekends
we needed to get this done quickly, We have been lucky to not have a lot of snow yet, as he is driving his 70 Camaro we just finished this summer.
The truck has a 22RET turbo motor. the turbo is a retro fitted unit from a
Mustang ?. We should finish up the install this weekend !!
 

Attachments

  • cam1.JPG
    cam1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 144
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 149
  • toy3.JPG
    toy3.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 137
  • toy2.JPG
    toy2.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 136
  • toy1.JPG
    toy1.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 150

zmotorsports

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
21,679
Location
Northern Utah
Sundays time consumer


have about 50 bucks into both lockers, better than 450 from snap on . With 4 strips (2 on top ,2 on the top inner panel of the locker) all out of site when you5 open and work great. Though it took more strips to get the same lighting as the snap on unit . With a bit of time and work ill be adding more to the back of the lockers as well as my power drawer. The possibilities are endless

To the goods

5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
https://vimeo.com/195588335
https://vimeo.com/195588512

Nice looking toolbox and the side locker was a nice addition. I've been contemplating adding another one to mine.

Mike.
 

Attachments

  • d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
    d8a0050116aa3d0b4f31599840610dbc.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
    5094de5b405989d7bccdb8176ec7e71f.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
    69e762fba2fe22977956c87c393a67fe.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
    6471e298524982739fb897d17ed9de64.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0

Deadsquiggles

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2014
Messages
769
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Just as I came home from work, my electrician was finishing up wiring up my garage and tying it into the house. Immediately paid him and hauled *** to Lowes to get plug-in shop lights. Ecstatic with the result. Been in the house and year, and now I finally have lights so I can see what I'm tripping over. And please excuse the mess of the garage. Lots of different projects going on, including figuring out a shed to build to help clean out the garage.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
A**: when i saw this picture i thought you were making a welding table. nice idea making a foosball table and guessing it's a gift or did you make it for a client? how heavy is is and what did you use for the legs? i see somebody already asked how heavy, but i'm curious also so do tell?

WELL DONE!!
 

Attachments

  • 49_zpsr1ijqaaa.jpg
    49_zpsr1ijqaaa.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 42_zpscru0mm8n.jpg
    42_zpscru0mm8n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 63
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
1,080
Location
AZ
A**: when i saw this picture i thought you were making a welding table. nice idea making a foosball table and guessing it's a gift or did you make it for a client? how heavy is is and what did you use for the legs? i see somebody already asked how heavy, but i'm curious also so do tell?

WELL DONE!!

Thanks!

Yes, building this for a friend of my nephew. I built my nephew a steel shuffleboard table 3 years ago and his buddy saw it and played on it. He asked asked if I could build him a foosball table and I foolishly accepted, lol. Thought it would be fairly simple, wrong, lolol. He sent me a picture of a foosball table made out of wood, custom aluminum players, not a playable, tournament spec. table. I told him I work with steel only and the table would be to tournament specs. and he decided to go ahead with the project.

The legs are 1/4" thick and were cut out with a water jet and edged with 1/8" steel. Top mounting plate is 1/4" flat and the bottom of each leg is also 1/4" plate, threaded for leveling feet. That is a
1 3/4" threaded rod tying the legs together end to end.

Anyway, the table will gross out at an estimated 450 bs when done. The final resting spot will be a custom home located in Breckenridge CO. come January. The brown you see now is multiple applications of an acid based patina, Japanese Brown by Sculpt Nouveau. Still have to apply the final patina at his home when I deliver it.

https://www.sculptnouveau.com/


Players being cut on water jet;



1_zpsyz4dwjn2.jpg
 
Last edited:

Jeepster04

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2013
Messages
3,123
Thats absolutely amazing A**Hole. That all thread rod really through me off, its so out of proportion I couldnt figure out what I was looking that. I thought those are either really tiny saw horses or thats a really big all thread rod!
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
1,080
Location
AZ
Thats absolutely amazing A**Hole. That all thread rod really through me off, its so out of proportion I couldnt figure out what I was looking that. I thought those are either really tiny saw horses or thats a really big all thread rod!

:D

That 1 3/4" diameter rod is about 50" long and sitting outside getting it's natural rusty patina. The nuts and washers were acid etched black.

I can't take credit for the leg design, I used this site for the leg idea.

https://www.retro.net/

I wanted to do more of an industrial look with rivets, etc. but the customer didn't want to go that route. :(
 
Last edited:
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

bhonshell37

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2016
Messages
92
Oh ,,here's the truck the motor is going in .
You Sir have a good lookin Toyota. I miss the days of old when trucks had manual hubs. Question, what detailing products do you use on the Toyota and Camaro?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
 

isuhunter

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
532
Worked on my John Deere mower - pinched two hydraulic hoses blowing snow


Worked on putting the repaired hoses on my 445 & 46 snowthrower. Also tried to figure out this lockout valve. I'm not happy with all the fittings NAPA put in the one hose. They didn't have the 45* to remake the lines so they did this. I need to find a way to cover a fitting so its not scratching the metal/paint of the blower when lifted.

Any ideas oh how to protect the hoses fittings from scratching?



 

bulletpruf

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
11,325
Location
San Antonio
OK me and my son had to rebuild the motor in his 86 Toyota pick up.
because winter is on us and he drives home from school on the weekends
we needed to get this done quickly, We have been lucky to not have a lot of snow yet, as he is driving his 70 Camaro we just finished this summer.
The truck has a 22RET turbo motor. the turbo is a retro fitted unit from a
Mustang ?. We should finish up the install this weekend !!

More details on the Camaro, please!
 

Kev442

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
5,386
Location
Wi
Not what anyone would choose to do, but pulled the van in to replace transmission cooling lines. 5 above outside, garage started out at 38, was up to 48 when I finished. Stupid polar vortex...
 

FANTM58

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2015
Messages
575
Location
Brighton, Co
Thanks
The Camaro has a new paint job , so we haven't used any products on it yet.
And the trucks paint looks better than they are. But my son is going to be doing
A 3 stage cut / wax / seal on it this weekend.
I'm not sure what he uses, I'll ask and pass on the information.
 

Jim The Swede

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
83
Location
Forshaga, Sweden
Today I have made a rolling engine holder for my Ford V6 engine so I can work on it easely on my lifting table.
I used an old transport wagon, some angle iron and square tubing.
It works very well :)





 

Twisted Sid

Well-known member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
809
Location
CA
Jim The Swede said:

Totally stealing that idea

I finally finished up my 2x72 belt grinder. I started on it and had it working last week but, had to wait to do the clean up and painting until this week. So far I'm loving it over my old modified 4x36 I had before. I am using an old 2hp motor my dad had laying around. I wanted to use one of the treadmill motors and controllers I have to get variable speed but it didn't work out that way this time. Maybe a future modification down the road. This thing will chew off steel as fast as I can feed it.
 

Attachments

  • 20161214_173550.jpg
    20161214_173550.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 112
  • 20161214_173521.jpg
    20161214_173521.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20161214_173535.jpg
    20161214_173535.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 105

Nexussian

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
639
Location
Alaska
Worked in Pop's garage more today and yesterday (wiring festival for me yesterday :rolleyes: ).

Today dad didn't feel up to being in the lift, so we assembled his Advantage brand 4 post lift.

It works nice. :3gears:
 

FANTM58

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2015
Messages
575
Location
Brighton, Co
More details on the Camaro, please!

Sure, it's a 70 we picked up as a basket case for his 16th B-day
We pulled the automatic out and swapped in my old M-22 4 speed.
Then. My old 12 bolt 411 posi rear end. And eventually my 327
All of these parts were out of my 68 RS drop project.
Even the ****** headers and complete exhaust system bolted right in.
The engine is a basic .30 over , camel hump full i.e. Heads, Performer
Intake and a pretty decent cam. Hotchkis dropped springs front and rear
C-5 corvette front disk set up 14". The wheels are 18"-20" stagger.
There's a lot more but that's the basics ,,,
 

bulletpruf

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
11,325
Location
San Antonio
Sure, it's a 70 we picked up as a basket case for his 16th B-day
We pulled the automatic out and swapped in my old M-22 4 speed.
Then. My old 12 bolt 411 posi rear end. And eventually my 327
All of these parts were out of my 68 RS drop project.
Even the ****** headers and complete exhaust system bolted right in.
The engine is a basic .30 over , camel hump full i.e. Heads, Performer
Intake and a pretty decent cam. Hotchkis dropped springs front and rear
C-5 corvette front disk set up 14". The wheels are 18"-20" stagger.
There's a lot more but that's the basics ,,,

M22, 12 bolt 4.11 posi, 327 with camel hump heads, and I'm guessing a Holley 650 or 750 double pumper. That's old school!
 

bulletpruf

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
11,325
Location
San Antonio
Today I have made a rolling engine holder for my Ford V6 engine so I can work on it easely on my lifting table.
I used an old transport wagon, some angle iron and square tubing.
It works very well :)

Nice work. What are you doing with the V6? Stock rebuild? Or hotrodding it for something?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom