To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

What did you do "IN" your garage today?

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

volvosrock

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
234
Un winterized my tractor, removed the snow blower, snow edge, chains and spacers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

493mike

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
148
Location
mid Michigan
All I can do in my garage for the next 2-3 months is look around. I broke my damn neck 3 weeks ago and I'm living 24-7 in a brace. Whoopee!
Mike
 

Outlander

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
5,154
Location
Quebec, Canada
I'm exhausted. Cleaned the garbage (coffee cups and gas receipts) out of the truck, changed the caps & filler on my Wedco gas can then smoked a cigar on the porch. Time for steak & salad if I can muster up the energy. Maybe I should have a nap?
 

Attachments

  • 2018-03-31 15.38.53.jpg
    2018-03-31 15.38.53.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 101

Joshua_Russo

Well-known member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
104
Location
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Swept out some wind-blown leaves and swapped the non-voltage-gauge charging outlet for this one that includes a gauge on my daily driver.
e48dc82748cb05091989824b50c6933e.jpg
30607cba70dc558d0c45308c8e8592f5.jpg


Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
 

PCustoms

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
23,684
Location
VT
Installed 4 more LED lights in the woodshop and shuffled the T8 over to the metal side. It's bright down there!

Took the puppy outside for a bit and picked up the last chunks of the few trees I cut over the winter off the lawn and gave it a rake while he napped in the sun.

Then back inside to finish cutting 45s for a cargo rack I need to weld up.
 

7D2Nova

Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
10
what size turbo? What's the engine, 6.0 or 5.3? Truck engine or LS?

Why are you running the blow threw carb?

What's trans?



It'll be a 76mm turbo. The engine is a 5.3 from a truck. Had the CSU blow through carb for a previous build so went that way since I had it already. TH400 trans


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

kjdhawkhill

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2015
Messages
824
Location
Flyover state #4
What did you do "IN" your garage today?

My family moved in August, about 240 miles. I’ve been doing the Friday and Monday drive until I can get myself transferred. So needless to say, everything but work and family has been on the backburner.

Today I had the 4 and 2 year olds out in the driveway and we almost detailed the interior of my long distance commuter (08 highlander). They honked the horn more than is polite to the neighbors, but no biggie. Half the immediate neighbors were out of town on spring break.

Yesterday I had to get the plates changed over and with rusted stuck bolts it was interesting. Of the four plates to change, only two screws were stuck/stripped. Same plate, so at least I know my weak point. I wouldn’t recommend HF stuck screw remover “kit” as I broke one of their drill bits, and dulled the tap seriously on the first rusted bolt.

Also, is it really a “kit” without a tap -T handle? No. It’s just drill bits and taps. Adjustable wrench it is. I wasn’t going back out.

The Dewalt bits that I got when I bought the corded drill are fantastic, though.

I also hung the kids projects from last weekend.

e0cfec90ef3f184e271f70cf1072a894.jpg


One is more likely to attract residents than the other.
d92573c47b60a5de04d57faa9e48218c.jpg


But maybe birds don’t get seasick?

Spring has sprung, go Reds!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

crewchief888

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
13,769
Location
NW indiana
the day started out crappy, chilly, windy and raining.
i drug a scrap radiator into the garage and drilled out the riveted mounting tabs off.
i figured the day is shot to hell already, we had planned on doing some spring yard cleanup, so i loaded up some of my scrap, aluminum radiators/oil coolers, grabbed a 5 gal bucket full of stripped copper wire, and over 500 lbs of starters and alternators i'd been saving.

trip to the scrap yard netted me $138, went back home picked up the wife, ran and got 10 bags of mulch and 10 bags of potting soil. then stopped for a quick lunch.
unloaded the mulch and dirt, as usual, about the time i get done, it stops raining :rolleyes:

spent the rest of the afternoon downstairs trying to get my stuff together for a USPSA pistol match in the morning :uzi:


:beer:
 

kjdhawkhill

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2015
Messages
824
Location
Flyover state #4
the day started out crappy, chilly, windy and raining.

i drug a scrap radiator into the garage and drilled out the riveted mounting tabs off.

i figured the day is shot to hell already, we had planned on doing some spring yard cleanup, so i loaded up some of my scrap, aluminum radiators/oil coolers, grabbed a 5 gal bucket full of stripped copper wire, and over 500 lbs of starters and alternators i'd been saving.



trip to the scrap yard netted me $138, went back home picked up the wife, ran and got 10 bags of mulch and 10 bags of potting soil. then stopped for a quick lunch.

unloaded the mulch and dirt, as usual, about the time i get done, it stops raining :rolleyes:



spent the rest of the afternoon downstairs trying to get my stuff together for a USPSA pistol match in the morning :uzi:





:beer:



$138 is about two hours of shooting 9mm. 90 minutes of .40. Don’t wanna calculate 45... Shoot well, stay safe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

poppinjohnnies

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2014
Messages
346
Location
Kansas
Finished my rotary phase converter project. It works great! I powered up my old Marvel 4B power hacksaw just fine.
 

Attachments

  • 2485F8EC-6C2F-4662-88F4-FFEBAC3C17D3.jpg
    2485F8EC-6C2F-4662-88F4-FFEBAC3C17D3.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 81

Motorman55

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
2,710
Location
South Jersey
Changed the oil and filters on the 2006 Cobalt, but not before I had to run up to Advance Auto to pick-up the correct 5w-30 oil.

I purchased the wrong wt. oil last week. Somehow I grabbed the 5 qt. size of 5w-20 Castrol by mistake and not double checking it before the cashier rung it up. My wife who was with me should have caught that!

Also washed both the 06 Cobalt and my 94 Chevy PU. truck to boot.

Oh, and I played with my new 17' Little Giant ladder. Did I mention that I swung by Lowes and picked that up when I went for the oil? I mean it was just across the street from Advance Auto.
 

EOC_Jason

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
11,388
Location
Bentonville, AR
Replaced the insulation panels on my garage door. The clear was delaminating from the cardboard layer underneath or whatever they are... Anyhow, after sending pics to the company they were kind enough to send me replacement panels without me even asking, they just showed up at my door one day!

After swapping out my panels, I took the old ones down to my 79 yr old neighbor's house. Him & his wife are out of town this weekend, so my other neighbor and I installed them on his garage door. Figured it would be a nice surprise for when they get back. His garage door faces north so it doesn't get near the pounding mine does (facing south) from the sun all day long, but still it will help to keep the temps more constant.

EDITED for correctness... lol.
 
Last edited:

ambenz

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
4,277
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Changed the oil in my Mustang from last fall, it was over due as 5 months have passed however the oil only had 3,000 miles on it.
I use Mobil 1 High Mileage full Synthetic in my car along with a Motorcraft oil filter.
3d7af5be-bb35-43a5-9ada-3c265cedf774_1.08337bbaddb28ba47f4dd3b1199d2d63.jpeg

Since my car is in a temperature controlled garage 24/7, I could have rolled on for another 2K but I figured a fresh start to convertible weather would be in order.
Just waiting for that convertible weather....might have to drive to find it...say Texas gulf coast?!? ...sound like a plan.
ROADTRIP!...maybe...
https://scontent-ort2-2.**.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1383186_744375432255671_1604255753_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3cac3cd6a0a5f5876774318d5d3e099e&oe=5B6F75CD
 
Last edited:

kaymccampbell

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
30,173
Location
Upstate New York
Drove 8 screws into two boards, flopped down a new rubber mat I found, turned some more miniature bowls, losing 80% of them along the way. Everything else today was outside.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

LS6 Tommy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
26,162
Location
Northern NJ
Noticed one of the mouse traps was MIA and started looking around. I found the tripped trap under the front of the Malibu and found a sad little dead chipmunk curled up off to the the side. Poor guy must have put up a good fight. That bums me out. We only have one chipmunk around our yard and I bet it was him.

I gotta find a way to level the slab under the roll up door...

Tommy
 

OccupantRJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
11,623
Location
Eastern North Carolina
Noticed one of the mouse traps was MIA and started looking around. I found the tripped trap under the front of the Malibu and found a sad little dead chipmunk curled up off to the the side. Poor guy must have put up a good fight. That bums me out. We only have one chipmunk around our yard and I bet it was him.

I gotta find a way to level the slab under the roll up door...

Tommy

Add a tapered or contoured shim to the lower edge of the door out of PVC material.
 

Outlander

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
5,154
Location
Quebec, Canada
spent the rest of the afternoon downstairs trying to get my stuff together for a USPSA pistol match in the morning

Pictures? I spent 10 years doing IPSC/USPSA. Held rank of Range Master and served as Chief Range Office at AWARE in Albany, NY 2-3 times. Also taught Black Badge course. Most fun I ever had with my clothes on :thumbup:
 

Beags86

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
106
Location
northern IL
Replaced the insulation panels on my garage door. The clear was delaminating from the cardboard layer underneath or whatever they are... Anyhow, after sending pics to the company they were kind enough to send me replacement panels without me even asking, they just showed up at my door one day!

After swapping out my panels, I took the old ones down to my 79 yr old neighbor's house. Him & his wife are out of town this weekend, so my other neighbor and I installed them on his garage door. Figured it would be a nice surprise for when they get back. His garage door faces south so it doesn't get near the pounding mine does (facing north) from the sun all day long, but still it will help to keep the temps more constant.

Where do you live that a North facing door gets more sun then south door?
 

ichabod

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Messages
444
Location
minnesota
it has been a long winter here in Minnesota, getting a bit stir crazy. woke up to more snow yesterday. after shoveling, I warmed up the garage and started to look for something I could tinker with. found an old toilet seat and some paint, what the hell.
wife said, I could have bought a new one......
just need to make sure it is good and dry before I put it to use......

 

Outlawmws

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
39,736
Location
The Badlands
Noticed one of the mouse traps was MIA and started looking around. I found the tripped trap under the front of the Malibu and found a sad little dead chipmunk curled up off to the the side. Poor guy must have put up a good fight. That bums me out. We only have one chipmunk around our yard and I bet it was him.

I gotta find a way to level the slab under the roll up door...

Tommy

Add a tapered or contoured shim to the lower edge of the door out of PVC material.

:+1: You could also do this out of wood. Just seal it well. maybe add a rubber seal while you are at it.
 

JD3020

Well-known member
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
91
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Been a busy week. Good friend of mine bought a place with a 50x70 shop, and we've been spending any spare time getting it cleaned out and set-up. Friday I spent 11 hours in the truck to buy a utility bed, as soon as i got home i threw my toolbox on the trailer and went down to the new shop so we could get our boxes in before it rained. Was in the shop moving/organizing all day yesterday and drove one of our salt trucks down to get prepped for tonight. Of course when i went to move the truck in the starter died, not even done setting up the shop and my first job. :lol_hitti


y4mkWD8iuYC-tQCaqZI8gOAUxBi9xcrfHiNL6pJwaHCcNrwrXrSKS0Afi9JH-oYxG85cOrvGGmT9PNJ-_prVww2fUmOY2jZe2owSVjTLHusAbD2GFdVWsQr10sRJY_pK3y70RNJ30vqeuPNCS4flOvUOPoUBxrARVEnFgJr2L6Tb-i2eQoJ1Zb4QON9tg4uzE4HOqsPULCB5jn9g1u1d58oyw


y4mimqE42ZdsA_2T6FAqwMec1wi7F-qmWk3RXUQ74IzHPstbBr70RRRpcbt2nGohuKyZCtJkptIZ2JBKMuAKa1q9ZaUVdPjPT5-lZR3H2CgrhT8RZhnbO9qKnpMrl0zDqKUx4HHeBQX2ibb7cYUeGd24bwVc8MfEGMLZyjP5lH80s5D5YoJ5JlXTWVKlKKLfKSa2n8enJCThaNpSKY85iRgiw
 

johnyg

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
319
Location
boca raton fl
depending on what you paid ,i would love to be able to turn brakes...and maybe flywheels.id rather have seasond oem stuff than the stuff we get now.i have a pair of drilled and slotted rotors that nobody will turn.....for the price to replace them maybe i could have got my own machine!!!
 

Lucky314

New member
Joined
Mar 24, 2018
Messages
2
Pictures? I spent 10 years doing IPSC/USPSA. Held rank of Range Master and served as Chief Range Office at AWARE in Albany, NY 2-3 times. Also taught Black Badge course. Most fun I ever had with my clothes on :thumbup:



No USPSA for me but been shooting IDPA for a few years now. I got started at a charity shoot. Haven’t stopped since.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

LS6 Tommy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
26,162
Location
Northern NJ
Add a tapered or contoured shim to the lower edge of the door out of PVC material.

:+1: You could also do this out of wood. Just seal it well. maybe add a rubber seal while you are at it.

I already have a 1" bulb seal on the bottom of the door. It's missing about 4" off one end so it obviously needs replacing, but the main problem is the slab is about 1/2" lower at both outside edges from the slab settling. At one point the driveway was repaved on top of the original blacktop and they covered the concrete apron. That made the blacktop level with the floor of the garage and rain would creep in. I hand chiseled the blacktop off of the apron to allow the door to close down to the apron and that eliminated the water coming in, but over the years the chiseled edge of the blacktop has crumbled at the ends, so there's a perfect spot for critters to come in. I'm going to try a bigger bulb seal, maybe one of the semi-pressurized balloon types. I'm also going to get some cold patch and fill the openings in front of the seal. That project is a ways off, so for now snap traps will have to do.


Tommy
 

jeepinerdeep

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
2,105
Location
South Central PA
Finished a few small things on the laundry cart to tool center conversion. Drug it home and had pops help me get it in the basement. Its a behemoth, it removed some of my stairwell ceiling and damn near was the death of us. Got it loaded up with the Johnny Homeowner stuff.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 114

Vegaman_Dan

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Messages
2,453
Location
Pacific, WA
The dash pad on the Spitfire was shot- top cracked in several places, vinyl brittle, foam damaged, and the last 4" of the metal channel support rusted out.

Cut away and fabricated new ends, made into channels and fit over the dash. Welded those to the dash pad core. Had to weld on new threaded studs as rust has destroyed several.

Bad foam was cut out and spray foam insulation applied and carved to replace damaged areas.

New marine grade leather glued on with contact cement.

End result, dash pad looks fantastic, no damage or rust, and a sa ings of $300+.

Another checkbox on the restoration list done.
77094aeb42349445a48898fcae9a5522.jpg
5a78cb677ede7d853fdb78c5766b56f5.jpg
fc367195430e7409a3670d41d2d6aaf4.jpg
ec4bc4fd17984cb2f169c9a1cde62366.jpg
dade019e0ff0443b547f6ac74fedbd68.jpg
c33fb2b8c4e59615a3e0e8f6761b4e2a.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom