To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

What did you do "IN" your garage today?

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Pruittx2

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2018
Messages
98
Location
Points to middle of right palm, Michigan
replaced the lower garage door seals on both 8x9 doors. Menards for the new seals, and aluminium stirps, as no one had new rubbers for the existing rails on the bottom of the doors. Gotta tighten up all the air leaks, before the heater gets cranking.
 

SoCalSk8r

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
67
1292fe3d4c015b09586084ef87da84e0.jpg


I put my new mid-rise lift to good use and did an oil change on the DD. I have no idea how I’ve been working on cars without this baby for the last 25 years, but I’m glad I have it now!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

freudianfloyd

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
3,433
Location
Nowhere
Finally got around to repairing my Grasshopper. I dont know who thought the starter should be mounted with a flat 3/16" thick plate that mounts behind the flywheel. It's basically a flimsy plate with a heavy starter hanging unsupported off the side. The plate cracked across both starter mount holes. After taking it off, it was obviously once repaired in the same spot for the same issue. Ground it down, welded it, gave it some paint, and put it all back together.
 

protegeV

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
13,363
Location
DFW
Got the first 2 of 6 lights hooked up. Kids are excited about it too. :D
 

Attachments

  • VideoCapture_20181124-211615.jpg
    VideoCapture_20181124-211615.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 92

PassnThru

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
6,517
Location
Bowling Green KY
I've been fighting this for the better part of a week due to allowing a cure time of 24 hours. This is a mount for a rear assist handle in a car. It is no longer available to order and I'm tired of it hanging down. I've been using JB Weld to glue everything back together but the minute it put the spring back in it breaks again. Usually at a fresh spot - not a spot that I glued. I have broken it and glued it again multiple times. This time I reinforced it with some pieces of plastic and maybe it will hold. If it doesn't, I may just burn the car - I'm that tired of trying.

View media item 88564View media item 88563
 

ezriderga

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,741
Location
NW GA
Bought a set of wheels from a ‘97 MX5 roadster to put on my 1990. Tried one on to be sure the lug nuts I got from Amazon would the correct ones. Monday I will have the tires changed from my OEM wheels to these.

 

crkleve

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2015
Messages
99
Location
North Central Iowa
A little cutting & welding...

Started with a pile of used horseshoes... a few hours later... a gift for my wife...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 106

PWC Repair

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
3,254
Location
Arkansas
Helped my son get his Chrysler 300c up on stands to replace stock brake rotors with drilled/slotted and ceramic pads. We did the spark plugs and oil change yesterday. Didn't finish cause he painted the calipers and brackets and they need to dry.

Spent the rest of the day mostly on spark plugs for our '05 F150........omg......why can't people just maintain vehicles like you're supposed to!!??! Anyway got them all out without breaking any and put on all new coil packs, air filter, fuel filter, and an oil change.
 

Barn5

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
22
Location
Texas
I continued to sort through my "I don't need this anymore..."

Amazing how much space is taken up by these things...
 

protegeV

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
13,363
Location
DFW
I continued to sort through my "I don't need this anymore..."

Amazing how much space is taken up by these things...

You ain't kidding. I find the house is worse than the garage more often than not tbh. I often find use for something in the shop shortly after I throw it out, d'oh...
 

Motorman55

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
2,710
Location
South Jersey
Getting close to the end of our move to the new house. Monday I get the big rental truck for the final furniture move.

So today I gave my neighbor across the street a bunch of like new oak furniture, roll top desk, tools, tool boxes, a roller cabinet and workbench for his garage.

Tomorrow my next door neighbor gets the lawn mower, snow blower, out door furniture and the big grille.

Can't take them with me, too much stuff already in the new garage. Happy to give the items to them. They saved me a lot of time of which I'm short on. :)
 

EOC_Jason

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
11,388
Location
Bentonville, AR
Maybe try finding some at a junkyard? Or perhaps 3D printing?

I've been fighting this for the better part of a week due to allowing a cure time of 24 hours. This is a mount for a rear assist handle in a car. It is no longer available to order and I'm tired of it hanging down. I've been using JB Weld to glue everything back together but the minute it put the spring back in it breaks again. Usually at a fresh spot - not a spot that I glued. I have broken it and glued it again multiple times. This time I reinforced it with some pieces of plastic and maybe it will hold. If it doesn't, I may just burn the car - I'm that tired of trying.
 

twowheels

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
46
Location
Sammamish, WA
Rolled on the final coat of epoxy on my sailing dinghy. And built a ghetto dolly to move her around the garage easier. One of my goals is to spend more time on prep/jigs/planning versus the actual work itself. I tend to dive into things sometimes without thinking it through!!

Tim
08dca41e14787005388e841471b09762.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Garage Journal
 

LS6 Tommy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
26,162
Location
Northern NJ
I've been fighting this for the better part of a week due to allowing a cure time of 24 hours. This is a mount for a rear assist handle in a car. It is no longer available to order and I'm tired of it hanging down. I've been using JB Weld to glue everything back together but the minute it put the spring back in it breaks again. Usually at a fresh spot - not a spot that I glued. I have broken it and glued it again multiple times. This time I reinforced it with some pieces of plastic and maybe it will hold. If it doesn't, I may just burn the car - I'm that tired of trying.

View media item 88564View media item 88563

What make, year and model?

Tommy
 

PassnThru

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
6,517
Location
Bowling Green KY
What make, year and model?

Tommy

2008 ford Taurus.

I trimmed the edges this morning. When I drilled the holes in the plastic reinforcing pieces they came off. I had roughed them up with a file but apparently not enough. Trying to decide if the epoxy coating will be enough or if I should try to reattach them.
 

LS6 Tommy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
26,162
Location
Northern NJ
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

glider

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
2,451
Location
Flint Michigan
Getting closer to covering the last of the insulation. Got some framing, baseboards and material list made for electrical and metal. Looking forward to this finishing up!
 

Attachments

  • 974C66B3-89A1-4DD6-A385-7C089134B8AC.jpg
    974C66B3-89A1-4DD6-A385-7C089134B8AC.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 119

Outlawmws

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
39,736
Location
The Badlands
Straightedned a Steel box a bit so the drawer clears the opening edges.

Got the Shop vac "spot" cleared again and the vac out of the coming weather.

Boot repair - re-bonding the leather uppers to the rubber soles of my favorite daily wear boots. (Barge All Purpose (Contact) Cement)

Friday I move my inside workbench back inside after removing it for the T-day hosting activities and space. (I made it small and easily portable for a reason!) reorganized it a bit more, and staged a couple of (other) projects
 

freudianfloyd

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
3,433
Location
Nowhere
I gave Santa Claus open heart surgery. Apparently he got into a street fight with a couple of my no good kids, who beat him up pretty good. Not only did he lose his ability to dance, he couldn't even stand up.
View media item 88578Warning, next photo is graphic...:yikes:

Thus is what I was dealing with internally, multiple fractures, broken voice box, cracked ribs, missing half of his spine.
View media item 88579Santa with his pants down
View media item 88581
And after about 4 hours of surgery, with a new metal clavicle, sternum, and stainless spine, I think he is going to make a full recovery.
View media item 88580
 

PassnThru

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
6,517
Location
Bowling Green KY


OK - I have had the piece out of the car for about two weeks now. I went out and sat in the car and looked at the other ones and thought - there isn't any tan in this car. It's all a very light gray - I think they refer to it as stone.
I guess the lighting in the garage gave it a tanish color. The one NUTTSGT posted is very close. Tommy's were too dark but then again it could just be the picture. I'm going back to searching again - should be easier now. Thanks guys.

Edit - after much research I have turned my interior color code (CL) into a name. Stone or Medium Light Stone. The other color that was offered was Camel so I'm definitely in the gray range - not the tan range.
 
Last edited:

mmavet

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
130
Location
IOWA USA
Who made your lift?


1292fe3d4c015b09586084ef87da84e0.jpg


I put my new mid-rise lift to good use and did an oil change on the DD. I have no idea how I’ve been working on cars without this baby for the last 25 years, but I’m glad I have it now!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

NUTTSGT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
51,806
Location
Northern Central Ohio
Changed oil/filter in the F250 along with an air filter. Vacuumed out the interior and windows too. Oiled up the inside of the door bottoms and tail gate. All to get ready for a trip to Parris Island and watch the wife's nephew graduate from Boot Camp. 31 years later, I get to see it from the other side.

Also made a raised platform for inside under the tonneau cover as it's not quite waterproof and the luggage will be riding back there.
 

ilovevocs

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
1,966
Location
Toledo, Ohio
Rolled on the final coat of epoxy on my sailing dinghy. And built a ghetto dolly to move her around the garage easier. One of my goals is to spend more time on prep/jigs/planning versus the actual work itself. I tend to dive into things sometimes without thinking it through!!

Tim
08dca41e14787005388e841471b09762.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Garage Journal



Looks like an interesting project. Have more pics or info?
 

Pruittx2

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2018
Messages
98
Location
Points to middle of right palm, Michigan
Long weekend,,, getting the project further along,, ended this eve, with Both vehicles back in the garage for the anticipated 5-8in of snowfall overnight. The big Burb is plugged in, plow hooked up and ready to rock. I'll be up around 4 to go do McD's and a few locals that have to work in the morning, then wait to see if school closes. If so I can go take a nap, and do a second round of clean ups.

067.jpg
 

FlaGman

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
433
Location
Western North Carolina
I painted my tiny jewelers anvil with a little Wile E Coyote vibe. I may mount it to a plate with shank to fit the hardy hole on my standard anvil like another member here did recently.
 

Attachments

  • 8D88E2FD-F087-4E71-91BC-1EF8353DDE80.jpg
    8D88E2FD-F087-4E71-91BC-1EF8353DDE80.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 80

T_Roze

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
481
Location
Edmonton Alberta
I gave Santa Claus open heart surgery. Apparently he got into a street fight with a couple of my no good kids, who beat him up pretty good. Not only did he lose his ability to dance, he couldn't even stand up.

View media item 88578
Warning, next photo is graphic...:yikes:



Thus is what I was dealing with internally, multiple fractures, broken voice box, cracked ribs, missing half of his spine.

View media item 88579
Santa with his pants down

View media item 88581


And after about 4 hours of surgery, with a new metal clavicle, sternum, and stainless spine, I think he is going to make a full recovery.

View media item 88580



Thank you for saving Christmas. [emoji481]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

545_days

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
624
Location
Texas
My son and I got the Fiat engine plumbed and wired, repacked the CVV joints, reinstalled the brakes, replaced the transmission oil, filled the engine oil and coolant, and re-hung the exhaust (still missing one exhaust gasket, and temporarily hung with coat hanger wire.)

It started, sounded good, and with the exception of the oil pan bung which turned out to be barely finger tight, didn't leak any fluids. Considering that the original job started out as replacing the main seal, I expected Murphy's Law to result in an even bigger leak from somewhere else.
 

twowheels

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
46
Location
Sammamish, WA
Looks like an interesting project. Have more pics or info?

Hi ilovevocs -- thank you

It is an 8' pram/sailing dinghy. I bought the hull as a kit from Chesapeake Light Craft. It is mostly built from okoume plywood, and is constructed using the "stitch and glue" method. You bend the plywood planks around bulkheads, and hold the hull shape temporarily together with copper wires. Then you glue everything together with epoxy, and then the wires can be removed. It's basically a wood boat covered in plastic/epoxy. My version is a "nesting" dinghy, where it seperates in the middle and breaks into two pieces. The idea is to nest the two halves together to save space when stored/transported. In the second picture below, you can see the dual bulkhead in the middle of the boat. That is where the boat will get cut in half to create the nesting feature. Everything is completely epoxied now, and the basic boat is done. I'm going to paint the exterior of the hull white, and I'm planning to varnish the interior. I've also got to cut it in half, and build all the sailing components... rudder, mast, boom, daggerboard (from okoume and spruce). And I'm stupid enough that I am going to attempt to sew the sail (from a kit)... should be interesting!

It's been a fun project! My goal is to take it for a row on Christmas Day. I've learned a lot about epoxy, and am slowly learning some of the nuances in working with it.

The pictures below are from a while ago... I'll post some better picts over the next few weeks!

Best-Tim
 

Attachments

  • eastport_pram.jpg
    eastport_pram.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 102
  • eastport_pram3.jpg
    eastport_pram3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 108
  • epp2.JPG
    epp2.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 105
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom