To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

What did you do "IN" your garage today?

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Crazyjake8493

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
4,017
Location
Upstate NY
Took the snowblower of my Wheelhorse and put the mowing deck on. New belts, everything greased, now off to the store for more backup belts and more grease.
 

niget2002

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
11,594
Location
Josephine, TX
Converted my desk to a motorized one. 99f600c6e405699d74141432e2364885.jpg51c4101f3d678d9ee03a73a0b05e9e9b.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • 99f600c6e405699d74141432e2364885.jpg
    99f600c6e405699d74141432e2364885.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 51c4101f3d678d9ee03a73a0b05e9e9b.jpg
    51c4101f3d678d9ee03a73a0b05e9e9b.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 0

mrpizza

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
2,935
Location
IL
I got tired of my oil drain pans getting holes from sliding on the cement floor. So I bought a new pan and a rubber bungee cord.

Cut the cord into 8 equal pieces and used JB plastic epoxy to attach them to the bottom of the pan. This should cure my leaking issue!
 

Attachments

  • 20210327_144938.jpg
    20210327_144938.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 80

MANelson85

Active member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
44
Location
Indiana
Built a battery cabinet.
 

Attachments

  • 20210327_154627.jpg
    20210327_154627.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210327_151758.jpg
    20210327_151758.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210327_151752.jpg
    20210327_151752.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210327_151740.jpg
    20210327_151740.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 100

dwasifar

Well-known member
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
2,159
Stripped, de-rusted, and refinished the bottom panel of my snowthrower before it could rust away completely:

snowthrower_underside.jpg


It was not actually all done today. A day for the paint stripper to work, two days for the vinegar soak to dissolve most of the rust, and then a couple of days for the six or so coats of Rustoleum to dry. But I put it back on the machine today, so I'm going to count it as what I did today.
 

MANelson85

Active member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
44
Location
Indiana
Hey, that's nice. I assume the timer is just for the fans, not for the chargers. Is one fan blowing in and the other blowing out?
Thanks. The timer controls the fans and the chargers but goes up to 4 hours, so plenty of time to charge. The bottom fan on the right, by the timer, is an intake and the top fan on the left is an exhaust
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

DGersic

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
6,532
Location
DeKalb, IL
Today, I made the cuts / access holes in the welding table frame for the bolts that will attach it to the frame. Cut the top pieces to length. Made some mounting plate washers from the scraps. Next is welding and finishing. Maybe tomorrow.

Started making some hang brackets from scrap 1/8” x 1” strap pieces, but I need the table done first so I can bend and cut them to fit.

Drained the gas out of the snowblower, preparing to put that away for the summer.

Replaced the broken return spring on the lawnmower handle. That gets the new one off my workbench. Sharpened the blade, since I already had the angle grinder out and the mower in the garage.

Made a small loop of scrap 1/4” rod to attach to the bottom edge of my smoker. This will allow me to tie down the cover so it doesn’t blow off in storms. I’ll weld that on, probably tomorrow as well.

Then a friend called and I ended up talking to him for a couple hours.



Sent from my iPad using The Garage Journal mobile app
 

kaymccampbell

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
30,173
Location
Upstate New York
Cleaned the unholy mess I made working on the hose reel. Made and sanded a tapered ring out of Bondo, to smooth the flow of crud in the shopvac.

Once the last of the parts comes in, I'll take pics for those of you who are interested. Maybe even a short film of it in action.
 
Last edited:

LS6 Tommy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
26,162
Location
Northern NJ
Stripped, de-rusted, and refinished the bottom panel of my snowthrower before it could rust away completely:

snowthrower_underside.jpg

I've been thinking of breaking down my Snapper and doing the same. It only has surface rust, but it works too well to let it look crappy.

Tommy
 

Fastbird

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
694
Location
Fort Wayne, IN
I did something I've wanted to do for quite some time, and now that I just got a new CA Air Tools 10020C, it was the perfect time.


If you don't want to click, I put it into the storage attic over my third bay in the garage.
 

16again

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
2,002
Location
Boynton Beach, FL.
I did something I've wanted to do for quite some time, and now that I just got a new CA Air Tools 10020C, it was the perfect time.


If you don't want to click, I put it into the storage attic over my third bay in the garage.
Nassau Blue C5 :bowdown:
Oh yeah, nice work on that compressor. I ordered a 2 gallon Fortress compressor from Harbor Freight. Will be here tomorrow. Bought it just to have it, no real need at the moment. :lol:
 

niget2002

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
11,594
Location
Josephine, TX
Finished a bracket mount for hanging air hose off side of the air compressor. b23926a777fb13a377840f15b13be106.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • b23926a777fb13a377840f15b13be106.jpg
    b23926a777fb13a377840f15b13be106.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 0

DGersic

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
6,532
Location
DeKalb, IL
Welding.

ac0dd99a23a4b0b6199cb5ea6ec7223f.jpg

Gotta spend some time with my grinder to pretty up the edges. Then I need a nice day to put some paint on the base, and I can bolt the top on for the last time.



Sent from my iPad using The Garage Journal mobile app
 

Attachments

  • ac0dd99a23a4b0b6199cb5ea6ec7223f.jpg
    ac0dd99a23a4b0b6199cb5ea6ec7223f.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 0

jshillin

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
5,702
Location
PA
I pulled the wheels on the wife's new Kia yesterday to install the molded splash guards, then went ahead and painted the calipers while I was doing it.

Today, I washed the truck, then gathered detailing supplies and polishers to take to WV tomorrow to detail a few cars are my buddies shop.
 

smalltown

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2015
Messages
989
Location
Western Maine
Finally had enough, and started a long over do cleaning of the garage. I've made three trips to the dump so far. I saved so many things thinking I would need them for something that never occurred.
 

welder4956

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
3,126
Location
Birmingham, AL USA
Did a little cleaning and putting tools away, hung a couple of hooks for extension cords, brought the wife's potted lemon trees inside so the frost won't bother them this week, hooked up their grow lights and put them on a timer, restocked the fridge with bottled water, sat in the doorway and enjoyed the spring weather for a bit.
 

Alain V.

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 8, 2012
Messages
142
Location
Topeka,KS
I finally got time to wire up the compressor I bought 3 months ago. Hopefully I’ll run the plumbing next weekend.
 

Attachments

  • B837C5A9-6E77-42DD-8F3B-931E94B5AD7F.jpg
    B837C5A9-6E77-42DD-8F3B-931E94B5AD7F.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 90

soloz2

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
873
Location
Western NY
Fixed my garage door as the track had gotten a bit out of alignment and the door was rubbing on the track when open. Such a PITA due to the low overhead rear torsion spring configuration. Had to unwind the spring, adjust, and then rewind. Glad it's done as I've been putting it off a few weeks.
 

mrobins297aaa

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
3,283
Location
south east michigan
Took the battery charger off the lawn tractor and put it on the go kart.
Stood in front of the tube heater, i just can't seem to get to far from that heater, it's still just to cold out there.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom