To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Where to Buy Lighting fixtures

SI86

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
71
Location
Pennsylvania
Im going to be buying at least 20 8' Fluorescent Fixtures. Where are some places you can buy in bulk and get better prices??? Online or in Stores?
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

FrkyMnky

Active member
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
28
Get a moving coupon for Lowes and go get 10% off. I just bought the 8' 4 4' bulb T8 fixtures for $39 before discount. I can't beat Lowes since I also get a military discount.
 

radrush

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
828
Location
Atlanta, GA
If you're looking for some place to buy in bulk and get better prices, I'd try online or in a store. :thumbup:
 

Ray916MN

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
1,066
Location
Orono, MN
When I bought 88 4' 2 tube fixtures for my workshop build I found that the local electrical supply houses and online sellers could not come close (probably 30-40% difference) to the price of the fixtures on sale at my local Menards. The only caveat with buying from a big box retailer is that they may get fixtures from a variety of different manufacturers, so before purchasing it pays to do some research of what they have in stock and verify that the ballasts are of decent spec and manufacture.
 
OP
S

SI86

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
71
Location
Pennsylvania
When I bought 88 4' 2 tube fixtures for my workshop build I found that the local electrical supply houses and online sellers could not come close (probably 30-40% difference) to the price of the fixtures on sale at my local Menards. The only caveat with buying from a big box retailer is that they may get fixtures from a variety of different manufacturers, so before purchasing it pays to do some research of what they have in stock and verify that the ballasts are of decent spec and manufacture.

That's a good point you just made about the ballast never thought of that.... What kind of info should I look for on their specs?
 

Stevie-Ray

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
2,894
Location
Michigan's Sunrise Side
I also recommend Menards. Especially if their 11% rebate is still going on. Actually, I bought all my fixtures, along with all the other electrical equipment, with their rebates. Got a huge windfall, buying my garage there.:bowdown:
 
OP
S

SI86

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
71
Location
Pennsylvania
I wish there was a Menards around.... everyone talks about how great the place is the closest one is 2hrs away =/
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

MixManSC

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
154
Location
South Carolina
I have a graphics company and we bought a property about a year ago. There are about 80 2 bulb 8' T12 strip lights and I have been changing them over to T5HO (two 4' bulbs end to end). Best deal I have been getting is from an online company - http://www.warehouse-lighting.com/

So far I have had great service from them. The ballasts I have been getting are Espen and seem to work fine. I am converting the existing fixtures though so I'm not really sure how their pricing will be in new complete fixtures. Ultimately it is costing me about $35 per fixture to convert and our utility, SCEG is giving me $15 back as a energy incentive rebate for each one I convert. :) I still have a long ways to go though - there are also about 30 or so 4 bulb T12 troffer fixtures I'm eventually going to tackle converting to T5 (probably not high output for those though).

I will say this - the 2 lamp 8 foot fixtures in the shop.... they were T12 (two standard single pin 8' 75w bulbs). With 2 tiny little 4 foot T5HO - they are a lot brighter, use about 35w or so less electricity, and it is a lot easier to deal with 4' bulbs instead of those fat 8 footers.
 

radrush

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
828
Location
Atlanta, GA
I got several of these and I really like them. They are very similar to the other 4' shop light but they have 3 bulbs so lots of light. I plug them into sockets that are on a switch so I don't have to pull the chain.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia...te-Fluorescent-Shop-Light-1243DP-RE/203300803

Lithonia Lighting 3-Light Suspended Black Diamond Plate Fluorescent Shop Light

Model # 1243DP RE

Internet # 203300803

Store SKU # 647390

$39.97 / each
 

Attachments

  • 5a3c2a05-3981-4e6b-87b5-6b8f4d829c0f_1000.jpg
    5a3c2a05-3981-4e6b-87b5-6b8f4d829c0f_1000.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom