To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Why didn't I think of this before????

Joe69

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
2,371
Location
Muncie, Indiana
I've heard for years that valve lapping compound can help a screwdriver bite better. Heck, I've even done it, I carry a small can of it in my service truck for just that purpose.

The other day, I was trying to remove an 1/8npt plug from a hydraulic filter base so I could plumb in a vacuum gauge. The plug was stuck, and like so many times before, felt like my allen wrench was going to round it out.

Suddenly, I thought 'why not try some valve lapping compound on the allen wrench'? It worked awesome! never even felt like it was going to slip at all.

That's one I'll not likely forget. I've been fighting small set screws and the like for years.

Joe
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom