To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Wilton 161138-10 woodworking vise half nut replacement

trepat58

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Messages
3
I have a nice vintage wilton woodworking vise model 161138-10. I can't get the half nut to work properly. Any help would be appreciated
 

Attachments

  • 20221012_091301.jpg
    20221012_091301.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221012_085236.jpg
    20221012_085236.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 18
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

RTM

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
13,594
Location
SF Bay Area
First thing to remember is most of those use gravity to assist, so they won’t work with vise upside down. While it’s inconvenient as heck to watch it work, it needs to be as mounted. A buddy made a frame to hold his while he worked on it.

Here are some GJ searches, none of which look like your vise or nut from a glance.

 
Last edited:
OP
T

trepat58

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Messages
3
There are some flat springs on the opposite side of the pic I posted, should I just remove them? It's a weird setup
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

RTM

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
13,594
Location
SF Bay Area
There are some flat springs on the opposite side of the pic I posted, should I just remove them? It's a weird setup
If they look like they belong, no. But give us some better pix then. I will look to see if I can find the patent for it later. The first one where I discovered the gravity issue, we read the patent for the Richards Wilcox (Aurora, Illinois)

DSC09511-X2.jpg
 
OP
T

trepat58

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Messages
3
Here's some better pics
 

Attachments

  • 20221014_184319.jpg
    20221014_184319.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221014_184331.jpg
    20221014_184331.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221014_184340.jpg
    20221014_184340.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221014_184401.jpg
    20221014_184401.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221014_184450.jpg
    20221014_184450.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 7
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom