To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

It's about to go down! 20x20 attached full gut

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

-Brent-

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
4,709
Location
Utah
Glad to have just found this! I'm looking forward to more progress. Your heirloom workbench is awesome... really awesome.
 
OP
C

Commocozy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
59
Location
Lake Villa IL
Glad to have just found this! I'm looking forward to more progress. Your heirloom workbench is awesome... really awesome.

Thank you, I love the way it looks in the garage, I was going to modernize it and make it all pretty, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that would be a mistake. The only thing I will do is change out the knobs.
 

SiGmA_X

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,111
Location
Portland, OR
You may consider keeping the ceiling white so it's a little more reflective. Looks great though, nice fast work :)
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
C

Commocozy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
59
Location
Lake Villa IL
Holy ****, you're quick!


As the wife and my mom say, when I really set my mind to slmething there is no stopping me :) I like instant gratification, that said I may not be able to do the floor for some time as it's humid as hell in Chicago and it's going to start getting cold soon.
 

Sawdustmaker

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
928
Location
Placentia, Orange Co., California
As the wife and my mom say, when I really set my mind to slmething there is no stopping me :) I like instant gratification, that said I may not be able to do the floor for some time as it's humid as hell in Chicago and it's going to start getting cold soon.

Keep the humidity, but send us some of the "cold". It's 102 here in SoCal today with some areas reaching 112. Same for the next 7 days. Seems like everything is stalled. Heat here, major rain in Texas and your situation. If I even head toward the garage in this heat my wife is on my case about it being too hot. Once our master bath and kitchen are done I'm after the garage. Insulation, drywall, redo the electrical, maybe even an AC unit. Already have the heater for if/when we get some cool weather. Here in SoCal "cold" is when it gets into the 50's. Can freeze here at certain times of the year, but only for a few days and that is usually early AM. Yes, we are spoiled. Say what you want about SoCal, not all of us are crazy. The crazies are in the bay area and surrounds. Sorry about the rant.
Glad to see your project is moving along at a great pace. You have inspired me to do mine. Take care.
 
OP
C

Commocozy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
59
Location
Lake Villa IL
Keep the humidity, but send us some of the "cold". It's 102 here in SoCal today with some areas reaching 112. Same for the next 7 days. Seems like everything is stalled. Heat here, major rain in Texas and your situation. If I even head toward the garage in this heat my wife is on my case about it being too hot. Once our master bath and kitchen are done I'm after the garage. Insulation, drywall, redo the electrical, maybe even an AC unit. Already have the heater for if/when we get some cool weather. Here in SoCal "cold" is when it gets into the 50's. Can freeze here at certain times of the year, but only for a few days and that is usually early AM. Yes, we are spoiled. Say what you want about SoCal, not all of us are crazy. The crazies are in the bay area and surrounds. Sorry about the rant.
Glad to see your project is moving along at a great pace. You have inspired me to do mine. Take care.

You went backwards, heater before AC in Cali, come on :wtf: I plan to get one of the 14K portable units as I don't want to cut a big hole in the side of the house, I'm also looking at heating options, but still up in the air on that at the moment.

As for SoCal, I'd live there in an instant and the Wife would LOVE IT! But the cost of homes is NUTS! It's bad enough paying 10K a year in taxes for a 2KSQFT house in IL.
 

Sawdustmaker

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
928
Location
Placentia, Orange Co., California
You went backwards, heater before AC in Cali, come on :wtf: I plan to get one of the 14K portable units as I don't want to cut a big hole in the side of the house, I'm also looking at heating options, but still up in the air on that at the moment.

As for SoCal, I'd live there in an instant and the Wife would LOVE IT! But the cost of homes is NUTS! It's bad enough paying 10K a year in taxes for a 2KSQFT house in IL.

Actually got the small heater during the winter. Just something to take the chill off the garage. When we lived in Northern Arizona my 20x40 garage had a wood burning stove made from 2-55 gal oil drums. Kept the place toasty when it was 10 degrees outside.
House prices here are nuts. In our area a 2000 sqft house on a 75x110 lot can go for anywhere from 600K to 750K depending on condition, upgrades and schools. Base property tax is 1% of purchase price, plus any bond measures, special assessments and fees for (believe it or not) sewer, trash pick up and vector (pests) control. So if you bought a house for 700K, first year taxes would be about $8100. New homes being built in the "prime" (snotty, spoiled owners with a Range Rover and 2 Benz's) run anywhere from 950K to 1.4mil.
 
OP
C

Commocozy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
59
Location
Lake Villa IL
Found a "free" metal cabinet for the garage today! SCORE!!!! Same height as the Gladiator ones but flat black and a little beat up, but it will do the job just fine!
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom