To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Little garage from Italy

Zoldier

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
17
Location
DeLand, FL
I miss Italia. Lived in Napoli for 3 years. Here is a pic of my Mustang heading to the Amalfi Coast.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 76
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Thank you for sharing your photos with us. You are not the only Italian here. Luca has also been honoring us with great pictures and stories of his vehicle and home repairs. His thread is below.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36583

Maybe you can find him and tell him to visit this site more?

Glen
Hello Glen. I don't know Luca. He live so far from me...about 300 km. ;).
I read he's garage restoration....very hard!! ;)
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
017e14527b5c81e9efac53e426afe465.jpg
Hello Guy.
This is my newest Cart i buikt from An old Cart useless. I work so fast only 1 our to Cut the Plan and the Wood.
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Good morning!
Let's see my new update at audi's engine..

de44e8b8713b0031fc4db16a6d4761f3.jpgc14b81146320cbcce61af5160e8cc8cc.jpg0eb469c0ab3905bd047e6f90f323f73f.jpg
This is the starting situation, ie muzzle disassembled, without oil pan we see the old oil pump moved by 2 crowns and a chain. This system provides to give the motion through the chain 2 countershafts compensation which, in turn, via a seat of only a few mm, to a capstan which drives the oil pump. He has seen over the years he this situation is not reliable because the chain strives lot and consumes the two crowns, but the most common thing is that the capstan having little see the countershaft is consumed and also consumes the same venue. when it is no longer taken the engine ... it devastates with costly consequences and even dangerous. I then proceeded to eliminate all the heavy countershaft assembly and the old pump which already presented the game. The crown placed on the motor shaft ..
9e3c3ed08fe6e10a481f55ba95f33110.jpg38d6fa6a8b46582faa4482ffb0742a28.jpg2312346efa31a102c54aa5064b58f8ec.jpg11d4ba47acbdcda60a4390011b53dfe0.jpg I then deleted as I said the group. plugged into the base by threading and bolt securely fastened to deliver oil to the countershaft and put a new crown, new more robust chain and new pump (the pump 1.9 TDI)
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Now the engine is finally secured thanks to a complete kit with all accessories possible distribution and services. I took advantage of this opportunity to change oil Castrol throwing away and using a Meguin same shade much quality (yet cheaper buying on ebay) new oil filter, new refrigerant AG12, and new steering circuit oil that was already all disassembled so all the car fluids are new. positive note ... is gone an annoying vibration average feature of this engine intensity that made her sway between 1600 and 2500 rpm. They have slightly increased the vibrations to a minimum, but not much, and consumption by the first 300 km are better of at least 1.5 km per liter. While I was there I also installed a xenovision facility after market. Hello and see you soon!648bacda6b8e31e82363102a4c6aa820.jpgce614655c68641be703c92ae7319db41.jpge5fc9847270bff154632d05cadea61b2.jpg8c46b233a5706a7b9669c31a2cbfef60.jpg1d214ac77b525a13ee66088e1609c163.jpgc8d4da4eac82da44293f05252f148505.jpg
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
Gab: been a while since you put any updates on your thread. anything new or exciting happening over there in the land of good food and wines?

cheers
 

51rider

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
502
Location
London, England.
Great thread & lovely photos of your country.
Your English is very good & I guess it is the translation tool that you use that will confuse things. Try Babelfish translator- has always worked well for me.

Congratulations on the baby too- they say only the first 18 years are the worst 😄😄
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
thank you very much.;)
. I was still with work to devote to newcomer family .... and disorder in garage is very increased ....
during the holidays summer I took advantage to make a total renovation of which there showing photos. still missing something but let's say that we are 80% ...

4573786ecadd34aaf9e61bbf9098cc51.jpg0bbe4b6c64cf3ba9e0d7e3173f3fccc3.jpgeb0b10713474f87d834ef19f14687c6a.jpgd13e4d8fd648f23dfb78abfe6af6cb16.jpg6e8434b79b7ed9069268b667d1cba16f.jpg before..
 

Modern Jess

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
1,362
Location
Bay Area, California
Just stumbled on this thread, very happy to see it. As a scooter guy with an interest in all things Italian, this thread is right up my alley.

Love the scooters, and I especially love that scooter lift. I've never seen one like it before -- can I ask who makes it?

As it happens, I will be in Italy next month, riding scooters all around Tuscany. I made a similar trip with friends in 2010, and it was the best vacation ever. I'm very much looking forward to getting lost in the Italian countryside (again).
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Well, perfect. you'll see that you'll have fun a lot, and not only in Tuscany .... what turns you do? I can recommend the Tuscany of the North, or the Garfagnana, really special like roads and trails, in the Tuscan Emilian. The Wasp is a lift basket from suitably modified car jack to lift the wasp safely to over a meter.
 

Modern Jess

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
1,362
Location
Bay Area, California
Hah! Since I'm a Vespa guy, I know why you said "Wasp" there -- must be an automatic translation error.

We will be in a bunch of places -- La Spezia, Poggibonsi, Bagni de Lucca, Pontedera (to make another visit to the Museo Piaggio) and the island of Elba. Of course, we'll also see any cities along the way that look interesting.

Thanks for the information about the lift.
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
I'm sorry you're right. my mistake. It says Vespa. ;) Forgive me but the places you mentioned are places rather discounted .... you can find much better. ;)
 

Modern Jess

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
1,362
Location
Bay Area, California
Forgive me but the places you mentioned are places rather discounted .... you can find much better. ;)

Agreed. But those are only places where we will sleep. We are primarily there to ride scooters through the countryside, and visit the out-of-the-way places on our scooters. We will also see more interesting cities on our rides -- on our last visit, we really enjoyed Volterra, Lucca, and Sienna, as well as the many tiny hilltop villages we found when we got lost.
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
ah ok then perfect. you'll definitely walked the volterrana..strada beautiful and scenic.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
Gab: nice to see you are still around. also congrats on adding a little one to your family.

i see your garage has what i call FSD (FLAT SURFACE DISEASE) starting that i've been battling for at least 30 years now. here's a thread i've started about ORGANIZING that might help called ORGANIZING 201 and feel free to post on it or just pick out the bits and pieces that will help you at home and at work. so many great ideas on Garage Journal and i'm just trying to get the members to post their favorite ones on this thread and here's a link. just post to say hi if you find it interesting or post a few pieces of your wisdom from your side of the world.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335623

also if you have more pictures of some of the FUN and good spots to visit in your country that some of us are only dreaming about please post them up.

have any questions just ask about cars, garage or even parenting and we're here to help if you need any.

cheers and Ciao

FSD is a disease where you a flat surface will cause you to panic if it is clean and ready to use so you have to immediately cover it with anything you don't have a good spot for. it's very hard to cure, but knowing that you have it is a start. (hee hee) :bounce:
 
Last edited:

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
GAB: one idea you might have thought of and just not had time to do is to put in a hanging loft type storage. i used 2x4 wood and plywood to build one over my wife's car 30 years ago when we moved in our home. i took it down about 10 years ago to exercise in there, but getting ready to make one out of metal with unistrut and still use plywood to get some of the EASTER, CHRISTMAS and other stuff off of shelves that are within easy reach to put other stuff on.

i'll post up my hanging loft on the Organizing 201 thread when i build it or just ask if you are not sure what i'm talking about. if you want light some of the members actually put lighting under their shelves so you'd have light to work on your VESPA or to make a kid's bike or something while your Audi is in the driveway.

good luck with the FSD
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
hello Drivesitfar. thanks for everything ... even if they are not convinced of being able to understand perfectly what you wrote me ... anyway, in broad terms we have. There I am satisfied, I have some new photos taken weeks ago while I was on vacation in Trentino-Alto Adige Gardena- Selva Gardena-Sella pass.8cc8913f8d937b5921fac00933640f31.jpgf77e187b794c0c58d49519fc27acaded.jpg6b5ec8e7797a93a392396f04a97c7e72.jpgf17de2ab131d09c68bcf435ed83af5b7.jpgba9ff45fa618827dadbb006711b80ba6.jpg91f72e045b027d01f24c4d047dc7f55f.jpg
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
in fact I'd need a tip to fix the vise on a mobile basis, so bothers me as I open the door of the Audi ... I saw that there are vices swivel ... but I want to reuse my without buying another. ..I already have an idea on how to achieve it, but they are well accepted ideas alternative..thank at all.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
Gab: i know almost as much about vises (vices) as you know about Audi cars. here's a thread that might help give you a few ideas. if you have any other questions just ask and if i happen to miss the questions just PM (private message) me.

vise and grinder stand thread link is here: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252799&highlight=vise+stands

also buying a nice used vise and having at least 2 vises in your garage is also a Garage Journal member must in my book.

good luck

cheers
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
thanks Drivesitfair. I'll check out the thread hoping to find a simple and practical solution. I would not put two vices because I have to also secure the bench grinder. Thank you so much for the advice.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
Gab: a lot of us here have that same problem hence me starting and getting a lot of posts on the vise and grinder stands thread. I'm going to eventually learn to weld and put up a trailer hitch type attachment on my benches so i can just put the grinder, vise or tool i want to use when i need it and out of the way up on a shelf when i don't.

speaking of that this member (Royce) is a fantastic welder with an artistic flair that makes all kinds of cool stuff and look what he made out of some scrap pipe and steel for his 2 vise stand.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337273

first off you (and I) need to cure our FSD (flat surface disease) where any bench top, shelf without anything on it becomes quick un organized storage and catch alls.

hope you are having or had a great weekend.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
thanks for the advice Drivesitfair..hai reason. I took some 'time to understand what you have written to me ..ora we sono.in fact the first thing to do is to order on the table ... and keep it. ;)
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
GAB: you are doing much better at English than i'm doing in Italian so WELL DONE SIR!!

yes ORGANIZING is my daily thought until i finally am hopefully one day.

cheers and keep posting up pictures of your country, garage or shop as you have time.
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
thanks ... sorry if sometimes I make a few mistakes but also because of the fatigue of the late hour at times I do not mind. regarding my officina..fsd I can not understand what significhi..mi'm helping with a Google translator, but uses the word "disease" that I can not understand what it means in this context. can you help me? for the rest I'm thinking of creating two wooden ramps to lift the car in the garage and to change oil and filters from me without having to go around to friends or mechanical.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
GAB: I made up FSD (Flat Surface Disease) that to me is more like a Cold or the flu that just won't go away. maybe addiction might translate better and was just letting you know i can understand why you have your bench top full of STUFF because if i have a flat surface either on a bench or a shelf or maybe even a car's hood i'll set something on it instead of finding a good spot for it.

part of my organizing 201 thread is to GET ORGANIZED and have a flat surface to actually do some work on when I'm ready to.

sorry to put one of my slang jokes to you, but really meant well and wanted to let you know that there is a lot of us that do exactly that with our flat surfaces or bench tops.

take care and feel free to ask questions if you still have any. wood ramps sound nice.
 

drivesitfar

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
36,259
Location
Pacific Northwest
GAB: just know that i'm always smiling when i'm posting and never would i try to insult you or another member so hope i didn't offend you with my American slang.

hope all is well in your world and i'm guessing it's cold and you are busy. just wanted to bump up your thread so maybe a few members in your area might see it cause you are a great guy with skills to share.

take care
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
hello Drivesiftair. no quiet offense, is that at the time I did not make any upgrades to my garage. ;)

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Hello Guys!

Today...

5af810426cee557bcf7726218c48a2b5.jpg

This evening
b2bf856e08bfb889be3f4662b10d0560.jpg

Tonight
18de5711685a62a67d1fcdfce4539a78.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 5af810426cee557bcf7726218c48a2b5.jpg
    5af810426cee557bcf7726218c48a2b5.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1
  • b2bf856e08bfb889be3f4662b10d0560.jpg
    b2bf856e08bfb889be3f4662b10d0560.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 18de5711685a62a67d1fcdfce4539a78.jpg
    18de5711685a62a67d1fcdfce4539a78.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

metalhead140

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
1,456
Location
NSW, Australia
Great little garage! I too love the photos, my wife and I spent a month in Italy in 2011 for our honeymoon, and loved it. You Italians have the best food and wine and some of the best scenery in the world! My wife I drove everywhere we went, and loved exploring your country roads. We also visited the Ferrari and Lamborghini factories/museums, and I drove a 430 Scuderia around Maranello. We will definitely be back one day!
 
OP
G

gabriele82

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
156
Today I change oil and filters to A4.2d98120b115390434e6adf28e606074e.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 2d98120b115390434e6adf28e606074e.jpg
    2d98120b115390434e6adf28e606074e.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom