To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

madmagnus garage (Sweden)

OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
Great cache of tools- those collets are worth a bit... As you can probably tell from my avatar, I am into old British iron. Here's my lathe, a very early 50's vintage Myford Super 7 - not on the level of yours, but has a very good rep among model builders (for those who aren't sure, I'm not talking model airplanes).

View media item 11559

She's a beauty, i would love to get my hands on a nice Myford, Southbend or Blomqvist as a complement to the Herbert.
I had a small Boley & Leinen that i just sold, it was a nice machine but it had no powerfeed so it had to go.
An old Triumph would also be welcome in my shop :thumbup:

Btw: I love your garage makeover, i like small, well used spaces.
 
Last edited:
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

magnusk750

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
501
Location
Estonia
Looking forward to reports on the lathe, Used Turret lathes seems be 'much lathe for the money'. Not as pricey as support lathes. I have not used a lathe since secondary school but I'd sure like to have a go at it again.
 
OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
Looking forward to reports on the lathe, Used Turret lathes seems be 'much lathe for the money'. Not as pricey as support lathes. I have not used a lathe since secondary school but I'd sure like to have a go at it again.

Lathes are great fun, when you have one of your own you will discover what you missed out before.
Capstans / turret lathes are lots of bang for the buck but not all models are sutable for a homeshop.
I have a Storebro GK195 and a large Köping support lathe at work to take care of the jobs the Herbert might not do so well.

don't tell anybody but im actually a schooled chef :) found out that i liked metal and redid myself into a welder and a maintenace mechanic (self made) at the Volvo trucks factory here in the nort of Sweden.
 

magnusk750

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
501
Location
Estonia
Actually I have a chinese lathe, still in it's crate for seven years. Clas Ohlsson (swedish cheapo tool retailer) sold out in 2005. Was there with my then girlfriend. She said"You're so crazý you'd sure buy even that lathe on sale over there" "Yeah, always wanted a lathe but I didn't see that one, thanks for drawing my attention to it", I said, and bought it with 60% discount. As I dont have even a basic shop for the moment it has stayed in it's crate though. Will see if I'll use it, or sell 'as is' in favor for a real lathe.
 
OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
Here we go..... Some new equipment have arrived to the workshop last week, they were both cheap and in need of attention but that's the way i like it.

First i got this old Swedish SAJO metal saw and this is what it looked like when it arrived.
garagebygget531.jpg

And after a couple of hours cleaning it (and minor repairs ) it's now waiting to be put together.
garagebygget555.jpg

Today i took this beast home. it's been used for education (metal workshop) at a school nearby, Since i love to work with sheetmetal this is a great tool for my workshop.
garagebygget557.jpg

garagebygget558.jpg

And during this week i'll be getting a large old grinder delivered :D
Stay tuned....
 

Aaron P.

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
96
nice job on the workshop...looks great...ya got some great machines in there.....look forward to seeing more progress
 

vegar

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
279
Location
Fredrikstad, Norway
Nice garage and cool tools, I like the tow bar on the shearer ;)

But why did you put up OSB before drywalling??

btw, I was in Luleå a couple of winters ago doing some work onboard 2 of the icebrakers located in the harbour :)
 
OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
Nice garage and cool tools, I like the tow bar on the shearer ;)

But why did you put up OSB before drywalling??

btw, I was in Luleå a couple of winters ago doing some work onboard 2 of the icebrakers located in the harbour :)

When i build something i tend to go for overkill!
The OSB-sheets are simply there so i can mount anything wherever i want, i actually hate drywall since it's so fragile but i need it for fireproofing.

What kind of work on the icebreakers? just curious.

Btw, i've been looking at your garage and i like it :thumbup: it looks solid.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

pals444

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
238
Location
Norway
Impressive workshop You have made, Magnus. And the tool collection as well. Thanks for sharing :beer:
 
OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
Thank you all!

Look what i brought home today! large old grinder made in Sweden,
probably made during the 50:s.
Its in perfect working condition but i will clean it and fix some minor issues.

garagebygget570.jpg


garagebygget566.jpg
 

Homebody

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
1,348
Location
Northern Illinois
Beautiful place Magnus! Unbelievable the layers of material you put on those walls....but yeah, piece of mind is a good thing!:thumbup:

I'm guessin you're the same Magnus that's on NastyZ?

It's mine and the wifeys dream to visit Sweden some year soon.
 
OP
M

madmagnus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
56
Location
Sweden - Holmsund
A couple of weeks ago i was complaining how hard it is to find affordable old quality tools and machinery nowadays since everybody is going vintage iron ( damn the Chinese :lol:)
Then all of a sudden i keep running into great deals on a daily basis, just wish i had more money.

Today i got my new/old medium vertical mill delivered, it's a Swedish SAJO UF52 made in 1971 and weights in at 1,25 tons.
This one is also from a school and has probaly had a easy life, tools was included.
First i will clean it up and change all the oils

garagebygget595.jpg

garagebygget594.jpg
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom