To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Tractor Supply Channel Lock Sale

To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

DRhodes

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
805
Location
Ohio
I bought the last 5 sets that ours had.
ugyde8y8.jpg
 

loranger

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
789
Location
DFW, TX
I checked mine last night and they only had the nippers and the fencing pliers. Guess I waited too long.
 

paul2112

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
258
Location
Waxahachie,TX
Just picked up 4 at HomeDepot, my tractor supply had already switched to the other brand instead of ChannelLock...HomeDepot priced matched no problem,the manager couldnt believe it, said his own cost was 9.50
 

RedFordTruck

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
921
Just picked up 4 at HomeDepot, my tractor supply had already switched to the other brand instead of ChannelLock...HomeDepot priced matched no problem,the manager couldnt believe it, said his own cost was 9.50

What brand are they going to?
 

paul2112

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
258
Location
Waxahachie,TX
Some off brand ,JobSmart...Im sure a cheap China brand...When I called my local TSC they didnt even find ChannelLock Brand in there system at there store
 

RedFordTruck

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
921
Some off brand ,JobSmart...Im sure a cheap China brand...When I called my local TSC they didnt even find ChannelLock Brand in there system at there store

:sad:

Thats their house brand. And yea its cheap chinese. The jobsmart fence pliers **** a chinese d*ck compared to the Channellock 85 Fence Pliers

***** that theyre dropping Channellock but they're available everywhere else so ill just buy em elsewhere.
 

ATC

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
8,581
Location
VA
It's not fun being ignored... I feel like i'm back in high school :(


James :)

By the time you pay shipping from a member, you'd be right back to normal retail price or higher. Post your location to see if someone else is in your city and has some.


Class dismissed!
 

thedeatons

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
372
Nampa, idaho 83651.

I don't have a tractor supply here, we have d&b. they don't match their prices.


ATC: do you have an old trike, or does ATC stand for something else?


James
 

ATC

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
8,581
Location
VA
Nampa, idaho 83651.

I don't have a tractor supply here, we have d&b. they don't match their prices.


ATC: do you have an old trike, or does ATC stand for something else?


James

Yes, I did have an old trike! Loved it!
 

Dubbydoo

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
275
thanks for the head up went there and got 4 pair left 3 pair on the rack they were marked 12.99 but i had them scan and came up 4.99 think they had one pair of 480 and the fence pliers
 

mrbreezeet1

Banned
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
3,694
Location
Moundsville, WV, 15 miles South Of Wheeling WV
Hit 2 of them, shelf's were pretty bare.
Had the space for the 420?? is that the one, that was $4.99, but they were gone, manager said they were all gone.
Got a Crescent brand, made in Taiwan set of gas pliers for $2.00, and a Crescent brand, made in Taiwan set of needle nose, 7" for $7.00.
One had the great big channel lock slip joint pliers, but they were only $5.00 off. The other had the long end nip cutters(channel lock) for $15.00 IIRC, down from $25.00.
They had some yellow handled off brand hammers on sale too.
I see the new Crescent line is made in China.
I would not have minded getting a few pair of the 420's, but really do have a good bit of slip joint pliers,and a few Knipex brand.

TSC has gone Down hill in the past few years IMO
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0430 TSC.jpg
    DSCF0430 TSC.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 42
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

mrbreezeet1

Banned
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
3,694
Location
Moundsville, WV, 15 miles South Of Wheeling WV
Well it turns out these crazy deals were because TSC will no longer be selling Channelock brand tools.

Right, , there pushing there house brand,Looks cheap to me.
Even the Crescent brand tools there keeping are china made.
Ones on sale were Taiwan.
I mean, just a few months ago, they had rows and rows of separate sockets,
when you needed the one odd ball you didn't have, bigger sizes too, now, ALL GONE!
Like I said as far as I'm concerned they went down hill the past few years. Seems like they used to have more.
Better stuff too.

I used to go in there to just look around, don't seem to pay now.
Wish I would have went in a month ago, when they 1st put all this stuff on sale.
 

ToolSnobsSuck

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
21
The manager at my local store told me that what they were replacing these clearanced tools with house-branded ones made by Channellock. Said they were out back, just waiting to be put out on display. 'Course, he was probably selling shoes at the mall just last month, so what's he know...
 

lithdoc

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
306
Location
Rochester, MI
The manager at my local store told me that what they were replacing these clearanced tools with house-branded ones made by Channellock. Said they were out back, just waiting to be put out on display. 'Course, he was probably selling shoes at the mall just last month, so what's he know...

Haha, I think you're right. For majority of people, all pliers are the same.
 

GarageEnvy

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
1,282
Location
Fresno
Clovis is out as well. There was a pair of 430 for $12.99 and a giant 480 for $39.99. They're still there. They've been moved to a clearance table near the front of the store.
 

a***nc83

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
252
Location
Toronto, ON
Ammmm, i would love to have gotten some of those, i recently started buying channelocks, too bad no Tractor Supplies in Canada.

If anyone is interested in selling a few, if they have extras, i would certainly be interested.

Thanks.
 

M. Blue 240

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2011
Messages
261
Location
Beaverton, OR
I went to HD tonight and bought two pairs of 420 at $5 each. I printed the ad off of the Tractor Supply website and took it in with me. Cashier commented about it being a good deal and worked the magic for me. If I had the energy to sell them online I could have grabbed 10+ pairs.
 

loranger

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
789
Location
DFW, TX
I went to HD tonight and bought two pairs of 420 at $5 each. I printed the ad off of the Tractor Supply website and took it in with me. Cashier commented about it being a good deal and worked the magic for me. If I had the energy to sell them online I could have grabbed 10+ pairs.

The Tractor Supply around me was all sold out. I took your advice and printed out the ad to see if Home Depot would price match. The first one I went to wouldn't do it, kept saying they don't match online prices. The second one I went to was pretty hesitant, but the manager finally came back and told the cashier to "take care of me". Pretty happy with my score today!
 

NUTTSGT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
51,806
Location
Northern Central Ohio
I went to the TSC in Marion, Ohio today. They still had some Channellock end nippers and some fence pliers. I passed on those but I found a cart with the allen sets for $5, those I passed on too. The cart next to them had some Mayhew stuff left in it. That was the dollar cart.

tsctools001.jpg


L to R, magnetic pick up tool, Mayhew mini-prybar, 3/8" chisel, and 3 pc nail set. Those polished wrenches, are their Jobsmart brand (made in China) 7/8" and 3/4", the only reason I bought them is that they were also a dollar each.

That would be my 6 dollar tool haul for the day.
 

Jarhead0408

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
5,842
Location
Who knows?
Got a few pairs myself yesterday at HD. The manager took the page I had printed out from the TSC website and stapled it to their copy of the receipt so when they did checkup it wouldn't look like the cashier had just given me a "good buddy" discount.

Need a few more so I'll try Lowes and see what happens.
 

RedFordTruck

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
921
I went to the TSC in Marion, Ohio today. They still had some Channellock end nippers and some fence pliers. I passed on those but I found a cart with the allen sets for $5, those I passed on too. The cart next to them had some Mayhew stuff left in it. That was the dollar cart.

tsctools001.jpg


L to R, magnetic pick up tool, Mayhew mini-prybar, 3/8" chisel, and 3 pc nail set. Those polished wrenches, are their Jobsmart brand (made in China) 7/8" and 3/4", the only reason I bought them is that they were also a dollar each.

That would be my 6 dollar tool haul for the day.

You pay a dollar each for all of those! :eyecrazy:

Nice score!
 

NUTTSGT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
51,806
Location
Northern Central Ohio
You pay a dollar each for all of those! :eyecrazy:

Nice score!

Yep. I wasn't looking for the magnetic pick up tool but for a dollar. Why not. The Jobsmart wrenches, which are made in China, I didn't really need or wouldn't have bought but I figured for a dollar they were worth that. Future wrenches for modification if the need arises.
 

thedeatons

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
372
If anyone can still get amazing Tractor Supply prices on quite a few pieces (tongue & groove pliers, needle nose, end cutters) I would like to buy them from you... a USPS flat rate box would get them to me cheap.

PM me!

Thanks!
James
 

csmitty

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
1,542
All those deals are long gone. However someone who bought 10 might still have some around.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom