To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

What did you do "IN" your garage today?

e462001

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
22
Location
East TN
Didn't work on the 72 Super Beetle today, but finally finished up the custom rip fence job on my $50 table saw.

IMG_20141129_213041small.jpg

IMG_20141129_213050small.jpg

IMG_20141129_213120small.jpg

IMG_20141129_213126small.jpg

IMG_20141129_213157small.jpg





And this is why we don't try to make zero clearance inserts out of sheet metal. Yes in retrospect it was a dumb idea but I tried it anyways.

IMG_20141129_225413small.jpg
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

scooternut

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
684
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Finished up a new knife. 1084 steel, homemade paint can forge heat treat, brazilian ebony scales. All sanded to 1500 then scotch brite for the satin finish
 

Attachments

  • NCM_0607.jpg
    NCM_0607.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 61

stevep1954

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 28, 2014
Messages
62
Location
SE MN
i'd be proud to hang one…………
[
QUOTE=CudaChick1968;4422055]I'm working up my first PSC Powder **** full wall calendar .... who wants one??? :D[/QUOTE]
 

Crawl Awah

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 2, 2013
Messages
57
Location
DFW
I got a free Massey Ferguson tractor a few months ago. I spent yesterday replacing the leaking water pump. This tractor has lived a HARD life, but will be good to transfer my trailer from the backyard to the driveway.
 

Dancing Bear

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2014
Messages
311
Location
Clearwater, FL
Not today, but yesterday I was hanging around with some friends having a few rounds of amaretto :beer: when I got this idea to demo a swingset. It's left over from the PO, and was poorly constructed. Nails protruding through the slats, screws stripped to high heaven, etc.

So we tag-teamed it with my drill and impact driver, had it down in about an hour. Originally I was just going to take it down, tear it apart and burn the wood, but i stood there looking at it and had a eureka moment. After some cutting with my saw, a few wood screws and some adjusting later, I got a new table out of it!

Pics coming soon :thumbup:
 

TheEquineFencer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
9,278
Location
Farmville, NC 27828
I brought the abused foster dog "Cindy" we're fostering up to the shop and barn to have a look around.
 

Attachments

  • 20141130_091339.jpg
    20141130_091339.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20141130_091423.jpg
    20141130_091423.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 107

Sask dude

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
133
Location
Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Shovelled my driveways and decks 30inches-3 feet had enough life left in my back to dig a path to the garage. Then didn't even set foot in it. Decided to start researching snow blowers
 

Verdugo

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2014
Messages
98
Pulled my weight bench and some weights out and decided to get my @$$ lifting again. Hopefully I'm still smart enough to start out light...it's been awhile.
 

napa68

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
51
Location
Wisconsin
Pulling out the fresh rebuilt 427:mad: I would say there is a cam bearing issue. On going lifter problems on the left bank.







 
Last edited:

TheEquineFencer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
9,278
Location
Farmville, NC 27828
I was awaken from a peaceful sleep by my neighbor asking me to check his Commercial Zero turn mowers charging system. He'd just put a new battery in a couple of days ago and now a new starter and it wouldn't crank now. I checked the battery voltage with it running, 14.14 VDC 13.6 VDC static. He cut it off and I connected the Fluke 87V to the (-) post and the the other lead to the engine block and had him hit the starter, 13.1 VDC reading. I told him he had a bad ground. He argued a little, said the clutch and fuel solenoid worked but not the starter. I told him again, you have a bad ground. He then traced out the ground wire and guess what? He had a bad ground. He wanted to know what he owed me, I said nothing, since he gave me a ride up to the shop and saved me the walk. I guess I'll wire up the blower fan and Aquastat for the Taylor Heater now while I'm here.
 

ZRX61

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
28,716
Location
Solar Blight Valley, SoCal
well, not actually today, but yesterday: Put the bike up on the stand to clean off the swing arm & lube the chain etc. Soon as I turned the rear wheel I heard the brake rubbing. Popped the pads out & one of them has just barely got down to the metal. About 5 sq mm to be exact.
Looked in the parts stash & found everything but new rear pads. Got new Galfers from CycleGear ($38) & managed to get a metal splinter from one of them in my thumb.
Bike all cleaned up & it took less than 10 minutes to swap out the pads.
Even put fresh Winter air in the tires last week & they look good enough to last a while yet.

This is from last Sunday:

http://highwayphotos.smugmug.com/Sun-112314-Cycles-Before-1215/i-dzk943w/A
 

Geek

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
271
Location
8000'
Adjusted the spring tension in the garage door:
IMG_3785-M.jpg


Spent a few hours building some temporary organizational shelves out of scrap wood.

Until I get time to insulate/drywall - might as well do the redneck thing :D and use the free space in between the studs:
IMG_3814-L.jpg


quick access to the quick clamps:
IMG_3824-L.jpg



...and I ordered the items for my heated cabinet build :thumbup:
 
Last edited:
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

toolslut6.0

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 16, 2014
Messages
195
Ran the overhead on a series 60 detroit. I thinks it's like a 13.9 l or 12.9l. It's a buddies and he had a book with specs. The. Put rear brakes on his 04 half ton chevy. Drank a few afternoon beers. Called her a good weekend.
 

Jerm188

Active member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
28
Location
Burlington, NC
Hung a couple shelves. Hung some wood storage above the garage door in the other stall. Already had 1, but figured 2 couldn't hurt as much as I rummage through lumber throwaway piles at construction sites and get free wood from Craigslist. Also, got some 1.5x2 rubber mats free from work and cut them down to put on the back of the bench for the "lip". Now saw dust and random junk can't fall behind the benches.

All in all a pretty successful day with a 4 year old and a 9 month old tagging along.
 

packofqtips

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2011
Messages
193
Location
NH
well my garage is full for the winter, so i fixed the girls car in the driveway today since it warmed up to about 45
had a bad skip when warm, new plugs wires and coil pack and its good to go
210k on a focus
heres one side of the garage
https://scontent-a-lga.**.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/10731120_10154909334710118_2317781630946289771_n.jpg?oh=d481ddc12a3b49f36f48e33aa8f1df90&oe=550BB6BD
 

HunterMike

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2013
Messages
70
Location
Colorado
Helped a friend rivet hinges onto a mc trunk. Built a clamp rack out of scrap wood and peg hooks. Built a c clamp rack out of scrap tubing and peg hooks.
Reorganized peg board tools.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417392372.919151.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417392385.505997.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417392393.591694.jpg
 

rohartman

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
968
Location
Ohio
Finally got the engine in the Audi and running today, only took me 10 months!! also met with a craigslister and ended up selling my 75 Firebird. Opened up to holes in the garage! :thumbup:
 

rohartman

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
968
Location
Ohio
Pulling out the fresh rebuilt 427:mad: I would say there is a cam bearing issue. On going lifter problems on the left bank.



cool distributor machine, what brand is that? I used to use a Sun 600 back in the day when I worked on old Ferraris. Sorry about your cam bearing. I'm sure warranty will cover it because the car looks new :D
 

CudaChick1968

Member Emeritus
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
1,800
Location
Northwest Tennessee (38230)
Me please.

Not the first to say "Me... Me... MEEEE!!!"

I'm sure I won't be the last!

You do some fine work! :thumbup:

MM

i'd be proud to hang one…………
[
QUOTE=CudaChick1968;4422055]I'm working up my first PSC Powder **** full wall calendar .... who wants one??? :D
[/QUOTE]

:thumbup: One right here!

Wow, thank you gentlemen! :D This is very encouraging (especially considering I'm still workin on it hours later lol)! I'll PM you all and/or have a separate thread when I have them in hand.

LOL, what rock or planet have you been living under or on?
:beer: I needed a good laugh today. Thank you Fencer!!

Oh hell yes. your loyal subject 619DioFan absolutely wants one.

What, no kneepads??? :evil: Just kidding ... ya know I love you too!

PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS


Go back and check out her sig.

Thanks Nutts!!

Regardless, you all make an old lady with a used car feel like a supermodel!! Love ya all muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 

jpickar

Well-known member
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
964
LOL, what rock or planet have you been living under or on?

:lol_hitti:lol_hitti:lol_hitti

OK a major brain fart!!!!! I am getting ready to go to Phoenix, AZ and I am just not thinking. I knew that. It was -4 here last night and I am so ready to be out of here!!!!!

Put me down for your powder **** CudaChick!!!!!!

John:beer:
 

TheEquineFencer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
9,278
Location
Farmville, NC 27828
:lol_hitti:lol_hitti:lol_hitti

OK a major brain fart!!!!! I am getting ready to go to Phoenix, AZ and I am just not thinking. I knew that. It was -4 here last night and I am so ready to be out of here!!!!!

Put me down for your powder **** CudaChick!!!!!!

John:beer:

I'd ask for one, but I never look at a calendar, even if it had a necked lady on it but maybe once. I guess I'm getting old....
 

ABADWILLYS

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
738
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
Besides cleaning up from the foot of snow we got the day before Thanksgiving, I got some black pipe for my air system ran along the back wall and up into the attic, and got a hose reel hung up too, just need to get a short whip to connect the pipe to the reel.
 

56vette461

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
498
Location
Northern California
Since Friday, put away all the tools, cleaned the bench and countertops, swept and moped the floor. The garage shop is now the official Christmas decorating, light fixing, and other related stuff staging area. I dread Christmas twice a year. Once when I'm drafted into the set up duties and on 26th when I have to start putting it all away until next year. But in between with all the great fun with the grandkids, it's all good!!!
 

econolamb

Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2014
Messages
8
been attempting to organise all of my **** into my small home workshop.

picked up this rad old mitre saw for not a lot about a month ago.
decided to make a stand for it, planning on getting a better roll cab (well second rollcab) so made it the base of the stand and then went about putting on a bench top (left overs from renovating the sister's kitchen) and a side mount for my wood vice. The saw weighs a ton so it's very stable, I'll use the storage space to keep all of my woodworking tools in the one location. The saw motor needs looking at but it cuts nice and square and smooth.

048_zps6f9e7bfd.jpg

052_zps02c2abda.jpg

050_zps2e0def33.jpg
 

AmickRacing

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
148
Location
Rapid City, SD
Built a shock rack to hang my spares on in my car trailer.
Way over built, and spent more time than needed, but it was fun.

.080" alum with holes punches and dimpled (home made dimple die a few years ago), and built the pins this weekend also.

Next weekend when it's not in the single digits I'll try to get it hung up...
 

Attachments

  • 10271327_10203361952116058_8223991976791009241_o.jpg
    10271327_10203361952116058_8223991976791009241_o.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 76
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom